Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andylynn View Post
    Quote removed by Moderator.
    Just because new people don't understand how to tank on ninja doesn't mean it's a bad tank. It means those people should learn how to tank on it, or go play something else. I hear monk is pretty popular right now, maybe you could play it and beg people to help you get verthrangna (or however you spell it) and black belt. OR! better yet, just make a new sock puppet account and pretend to have them and tell people how awesome you are.

Move to ifrit right now and I will buy low lvl ninja gears and you can play whatever you want and I'll show you how to tank, k?
    (1)
    Last edited by Qeepel; 04-01-2011 at 03:21 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Player
    Unless SE adds throwing WS, shuriken and other throwables like grenades will always be inferior to auto-attack.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I guess I just think giving any job the ability to shake weakness every 10 minutes is a bit overpowered. When you look at other job's two hours they're about on par with losing weakness. I do not think mijin pre-adjustment was worthy of being a two hour but the new form of it is. On the other hand if you made the argument that two hours should be revamped and put on a 30 minute timer I would agree.
    (0)

4. 04-01-2011 05:12 AM
    Reason
    This post was deleted.

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    How many sock puppets do you have Andylynn?
    (0)
    Last edited by Emdub; 04-01-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Removed previously deleted comment from quote

Character
    Airenn
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 90
    ANDYLYNN I MISS YOU! I have been so busy lately, how you been!?

To my bestest friend TearV/Andy/CumD.
    (0)
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Ninja does a lot less damage then warrior, it honestly needs a damage output increase. So do a lot of other jobs though~

Throwing sucks, move past it, it doesn't need to be better.
    Subtle Blow is an amazing thing.
    I agree that our 2 hour and merits are mostly garbage, but I would be pretty angry if half this stuff got implemented the way you want it to.
    Kinda have this feeling you mis-read my OP somehow. Didn't mention anything wrong about Subtle Blow, only that the merits are now overshadowed by gear and spells. Throwing actually had very high damage output a few years ago (higher than katana DoT), only that you had to main this via Fumas, which was both cost and inventory intensive-- didn't ask for it to be better, only changed so it's useful at all.

And honestly, I feel NINs damage output is fine, people are just afraid to ride Innin out to maximize on it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoko View Post
    Kinda have this feeling you mis-read my OP somehow. Didn't mention anything wrong about Subtle Blow, only that the merits are now overshadowed by gear and spells. Throwing actually had very high damage output a few years ago (higher than katana DoT), only that you had to main this via Fumas, which was both cost and inventory intensive-- didn't ask for it to be better, only changed so it's useful at all.

And honestly, I feel NINs damage output is fine, people are just afraid to ride Innin out to maximize on it.
    Throwing only did more damage then meleeing with katanas if you were under 75 or just badly geared, especially a few years ago before tp gain was nerfed and you could not go below 5tp/hit minimum. Throwing is useful as a low lvl DDing hate keeping tool, its fine as it is, I would rather not have to carry MORE items all the time to keep my damage up. They should revamp 1 handed damage so its effective for harder mobs like 2 handed damage if anything.

Also: you cant ride innin out, It is just not feasible to do if you're at all good at ninja. If you're a bad ninja you can do it because you're doing terrible damage and not pulling hate, if you're a good ninja, you swing faster then most others and do a lot of damage so you're basically tanking most of the time, if not all of the time. Since this is the case it's probably better to go with yonin for the evasion so you cast shadows less compared to ininn, or nothing at all if you have acc issues, since you're tanking anyway.

I did a t2 einherjar the other day, the warrior did 122k, I did 90k, both have empyreans and are very very very well geared, and had the same buffs the whole time, and we're both good at winning parses. Ninja needs to do more melee damage threw meleeing, not throwing, thanks SE! (other funny info: the gandiva did like 50k, cause rng is effing terrible, and our last dd was another ukon war who was pulling and also did 50k~ we won the t2 in like 15 min if youre all wondering)

EDIT: pretty sure both ninja spells let you break the subtle blow cap too, thats the rumor thats going around, never tested myself.
    (0)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 04-01-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Throwing only did more damage then meleeing with katanas if you were under 75 or just badly geared, especially a few years ago before tp gain was nerfed and you could not go below 5tp/hit minimum. Throwing is useful as a low lvl DDing hate keeping tool, its fine as it is, I would rather not have to carry MORE items all the time to keep my damage up. They should revamp 1 handed damage so its effective for harder mobs like 2 handed damage if anything.
    From where you're coming from, you sound like you're doing OK with katana DDing, so saying "..carry MORE items all the time to keep my damage up." is a silly statement, lol. I'm very sure of katana DoT myself, but I'd love to see light return to flinging shuriken... you know, like a ninja should. Bringing it back as a hate keeping tool is all the more reason.

Also: you cant ride innin out, It is just not feasible to do if you're at all good at ninja. If you're a bad ninja you can do it because you're doing terrible damage and not pulling hate, if you're a good ninja, you swing faster then most others and do a lot of damage so you're basically tanking most of the time, if not all of the time. Since this is the case it's probably better to go with yonin for the evasion so you cast shadows less compared to ininn, or nothing at all if you have acc issues, since you're tanking anyway.
    As I was coming home, I was almost certain you'd make that argument on Innin, to which I have no real refute other than to place Innin and Yonin on separate timers (something I didn't want to include in OP for the very reason). I have no problem DD/tanking with Innin on, I usually ride it to the ends of the earth on most everything outside of Abyssea NMing, as people I do events with are usually WARs, SAMs, etc and they hold hate often (if it matters I'm well geared outside of missing AF3+2 feet and Kannagi due to lazy). Also of the fact that Lv. 90 Evasion Skill and Gear places you so high in rank vs outside-of-abyssea mob levels, not using Yonin is a minimal loss.

Not a fan of deliberately trying to win parses in any situation, but it's pretty cool that Kannagi isn't terrible outside of Abyssea, lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shoko; 04-01-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoko View Post
    From where you're coming from, you sound like you're doing OK with katana DDing, so saying "..carry MORE items all the time to keep my damage up." is a silly statement, lol. I'm very sure of katana DoT myself, but I'd love to see light return to flinging shuriken... you know, like a ninja should. Bringing it back as a hate keeping tool is all the more reason.
    It's a good hate keeping tool at low levels because it out damages everything else, once you get lots of haste, it loses. Winning the parse is the easy way to hold hate and tank. My thought process is that if they buff it at higher levels, they would have to buff it to the point its equal/better then katanas, or its still useless, and at that point I would have to carry the stuff around, cause I don't like gimping it up.

When I first saw af3+2 head, I was praying the augement let you use innin from anywhere..... but saddly its some stupid junk like 5% DA? or 5% crit rate? I dont even remember, I was just really upset we still have such a useless JA that could be amazing and fix all the DD problems NIN has.
    (0)

Character
    Shokox
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Innin in itself is just weird. They could have gave it a minor boost to DD at any direction, then an enhanced boost to it's maximum potential as you attack from behind.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast