Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Jug Pets

Player

Dragon Jug Pets

On the BG dev tracker discussion, someone stated that SE should add a puk jug, which got me thinking, will SE ever allow bst to obtain dragon type jugs? Dragons are wild beast, as opposed to undead, bombs, gargoyles. Puks are indeed charmable; but they are dragon type mobs. Bst could gain sam's circle effect iirc. However, these effects are available at 5, hence you could sub them np. They are not exclusive JAs or traits iirc, actually, blu can gain animal killer traits and a plethora of gear has killer traits on them (Not circle effects though). This may be far-fetched, but these monsters are indeed beast; several foes have managed to tame dragons type mobs, notably the bst mobs in dyna xarcabard.

A puk jug would have some utility, such as being able to regain tp (Bleh, ready meter XD) and absorbing wind damage. Zephyr mantle is an extremely useful ability and Wind shear would be pretty convenient for salvage farming. However, puks moves are pretty sub-par dmg wise. Personally, I would not be too thrilled if a puk were announced.

They already made a dragon type mob charmable (puks), hence opened the door for speculation. Some bst are asking for a puk jug and rightly so, they are charmable mobs.

Also, SE is also notorious for implementing un-charmble monsters in jug form. A naul jug with spike flail would be awesome, perhaps the ultimate dd jug. Nice jug in a crowd of mobs or for dd purposes in general. I would prefer one of these or a wild Ajattara as opposed to a puk.

I am strictly referring to wild dragons, not their domesticated counterparts. Dragoon wyverns are able to heal and are used for utility purposes/breathe attacks with some DoT in between; not a true stand alone dd iirc. Wild dragons are more bst/jug material imo. As a bst, Jug dps is highly important. Bst are not on the same lvl of a dragoon as it pertains to dps (the master). Drgs are not true pet jobs per-se, as it pertains to controlling the pets every move.

So whats the deal with dragons? Well, SE mentioned there are still deliberating possible candidates for jug pets; I would like to make a case for dragons. 1) There is a charmable mob from the family; obviously there is a possibility. 2) wyrm, Ajattara, and puks are fairly common. they are not legendary mobs per-se, aka bahamut. There are plenty of dragons in abyssea (Nauls are just normal mobs), puks are everywhere, and ajattara are also extremely common. 3) Dragoons should have no beef; these are wild animals; bst have no bonds with these creatures. Ajattara are known as wyvern's (drg) wild counterparts. 4) Why not? Hyra and Zilant should be off limits; there are several birds, lizard, beast, and plantoids whom are non-jug material; notably the nakuuls. However, these dragons are not part of any storyline/special content; just run of the mill monsters any adventurer can encounter by entering abyssea or other zones.

When the word wyrm comes up, bst and players alike my gasp/shake their heads at the notion of them being implemented in jug form due to the fafnir and vrtras of the world. However, when you sit back and observe the run of the mill wyrm (Naul), it is not so far-fetched imo.

I don't see why dragons could not be implemented as pets; the only controversial aspect is the killer traits, but those are so common now and days. Irrc, Blu has ours. The only thing that may change is killer instinct, it will now work on kindred esque mobs (Dragons get this, right?) with a dragon jug, not a big deal imo. Players can sub it at lvl5. There were times were I triggered a random non-bst intimidation effect on bst, but had no clue what triggered it.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-07-2014 at 05:55 PM.

I would not be opposed to a puk jug, however do you recall a thread or two clamoring for bigger DRG wyverns? I think that would make DRGs upset, because we really want to be like Achtelle and have a bigger pet. (and you know, one that actually stays alive and is useful...)
    It'd be pretty cool actually for BSTs to get some big jugs along the lines of the turtle, say a scorpion or roc or wivre or whatever else has been suggested.
    But a dragon, wyrm or wyvern? Nooooo ;P We are the dragon-master, not BSTs.
    A puk jug wouldn't bother me though, personally.

ETA: I'm one clear away from getting into Dyna-Xarc so I'm not familiar with those mobs. I just looked them up on BGwiki and see that some of them are listed as BSTs. That's interesting.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mitruya; 07-07-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The bst's have wyvern pets.
    (2)

Yeah, I'd never seen them before so it was the first I'd heard of it.
    (0)

BST usually cannot charm "Intelligent" enemies. Enemies with brain power a step above primal instinct, there are some exceptions to be gleaned from this, such as Arcana type mobs, and certain "Large" variants, such as Rocs. That said, an actual Wyrm, even a Mini like Nauls, would likely be impossible. I have a thread around here about an idea on how to make Uncharmable mobs a Jug, it involved Raising them in a "Chocobo Raising" sort of way, allowing you to register them as a special pet you could summon forth during your 2 hour (to no obsolete regular jugs).

They could just throw the pattern to the wind of course and make a Naul pet... but anyway, on point, Puks are charmable presumably because they do not possess the intelligence of Wyrms, despite being dragons, could be seen as a Jug pet with no broken lore.
    (0)

I kind of want a Twitherym jug even though WoW will hate the idea cause they aren't a very strong DD mob. They can be charmed though and they look super cute.

ON TOPIC: I'd love a puk jug

Really though I'd prefer if they just uncapped the jugs we had and changed BST affinity to something useful rather than an excuse to gimp us.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    BST usually cannot charm "Intelligent" enemies. Enemies with brain power a step above primal instinct, there are some exceptions to be gleaned from this, such as Arcana type mobs, and certain "Large" variants, such as Rocs. That said, an actual Wyrm, even a Mini like Nauls, would likely be impossible. I have a thread around here about an idea on how to make Uncharmable mobs a Jug, it involved Raising them in a "Chocobo Raising" sort of way, allowing you to register them as a special pet you could summon forth during your 2 hour (to no obsolete regular jugs).

They could just throw the pattern to the wind of course and make a Naul pet... but anyway, on point, Puks are charmable presumably because they do not possess the intelligence of Wyrms, despite being dragons, could be seen as a Jug pet with no broken lore.
    I did not say charm; puks are also intelligent and able to understand human language. There are a plethora of uncharmable mobs that are in jug form. Intelligence is irrelevant; we are not charming them, but rather, recruiting them. Griffins are majestic animals, but bst can call upon a hippo to aid them in battle. We are not manipulating them, but using a method to call upon the monster to help us. Jugs are like pop triggers, you use the contents to attract a powerful/unique entities.

Also, lore would not be broken because kindred beastmasters have tamed wild dragons while their dragoon counterparts have smaller wyverns. nauls are not part of any special lore, they are normal monsters; what lore are you referring to? I am not talking about bahamut.

Bst cannot charm hippos, turtles, or tulfaire, but they are pets. Yes dragons are smart, but we are simply calling upon them with a jug, akin to how nighogg is called upon with sweet tea.

There was a time when only few turtles roamed vanadiel, in sky and valley of sorrows; these were legendary mobs, but later, were implemented as jugs. No lore would be broken if a bst called upon a wyrm or Ajattara jug. ToA beastmen have recruited hydra and tamed cerberus; also, the lore is already broken then because kindred in dyna have ajattara pets while the dragoons have smaller wyverns. Dragons are beast, intelligent or not, puks are capable of understanding human speech, hence are intelligent as well.
    (2)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-08-2014 at 05:31 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    I would not be opposed to a puk jug, however do you recall a thread or two clamoring for bigger DRG wyverns? I think that would make DRGs upset, because we really want to be like Achtelle and have a bigger pet. (and you know, one that actually stays alive and is useful...)
    It'd be pretty cool actually for BSTs to get some big jugs along the lines of the turtle, say a scorpion or roc or wivre or whatever else has been suggested.
    But a dragon, wyrm or wyvern? Nooooo ;P We are the dragon-master, not BSTs.
    A puk jug wouldn't bother me though, personally.

ETA: I'm one clear away from getting into Dyna-Xarc so I'm not familiar with those mobs. I just looked them up on BGwiki and see that some of them are listed as BSTs. That's interesting.
    Question though, how would drg function with a wild wyvern? I thought their pacts were with the domesticated one? Also, what about healing breathes and what not; with wild wyverns, the entire concept of pet wyverns would change.

Dragoons are masters of the lance; to my knowledge, the only dragoon whom used dragons were the highwinds. Iirc, this was a discussion in the XIV forums; pertaining to dragoon with a pet.

Beastmasters are masters of the nature; befriended beast. Several mobs of the dragon family are natural. Also, drg is not a pet job per-se; giving them a damaging pet while the true masters of monsters receive rabbits and grasshoppers would burn my biscuits personally. The majority of dragoons in the pet forums were asking for dragoon boost, not a bigger wyvern.

Also, bst are already able to control and tame intelligent dragons. http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Puks. These mobs are thought to be produced by human beings (Artificial), but nonetheless, they are charmable intelligent entities.
    (1)

Player
    Also Mitruya, we are the beastmasters, but blu can obtain our killer traits and jug moves. Bst and blu overlap, hence drg should not feel bad about us having access to the beast of the wilds. Dragons are beast. Blu has better variations our our weak ready moves, but personally, i do not hate them, it is what it is. We already have access to one of your family members. You guys are dragon killers iirc. Having a Achtelle -esque jug would make you guys more of a great dd, with a strong dd companion. As a bst, I would feel some type of way because a wild wyvern is better than any dd pet we have received.

Personally, i do not see why these monsters cannot be implemented as jugs (smaller versions).

1) Cerberus; they are said to be loyal to their master, hence trolls have tamed them.
    2) Wivre
    3) Ajattara
    4) Naul -esque jug

I am not saying they will, but some shot down a sange/throwing adjustment due to nin's function as a fast swinger; they brought up mechanics and all that jazz; it did not make sense to some players, but SE announced a way to utilize throwing. Never say never I guess "Shrugs" I am not counting on it tho.

Edit: Imo, wild dragons are better suited for bst as opposed to dragoons.

Dragoons wyverns have specializations, as it pertains to sub jobs. Wild dragons have damaging moves; this is more bst friendly. Fang rush and spike flail would not make much sense for a dragoon pet; what about the healing abilities?

Imo, if dragoon does receive a bigger pet it should be a specialized dragon; akin to their domesticated wyvern as opposed to the wild ones. This way, drgs can keep their wyvern specializations as opposed to moves like fang rush which serve no job role purpose. Just make the wyvern bigger. Just my 2 cents.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-08-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Oh it's been forever since I've read DRG lore about the wyvern, so I guess "master" wasn't the proper term.
    Really I was just thinking that after there has been repeated requests for DRG wyvern customization (new colors, a bigger size, whatever), I think that DRGs would be unhappy to see BSTs with a dragon jug, because we are jealous of Achtelle and that 20 min recast timer really pisses us off.
    Like I said, I did not know there were BST mobs in the game that had dragon pets until today.
    I could more likely see a wivre or puk as a jug than a dragon or wyvern though; surely SE knows the DRGs would get in an uproar otherwise. I'm not sure if somewhere it was said that the pet would be too big or something. I really can't remember what answers SE gave (if any) to an upgraded DRG wyvern. But yeah, lately its been more about boosting what we have rather than fruitlessly asking for a pet like Bravo.
    As for the healing breath, that's a good question.
    And you know I support BST boosts also, I would not like to see them get left out either. I do have the job leveled and it would be nice to have a reason to play it again.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast