Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Jug Pets

Player
    Drgs may be a little upset and i am senstive to this. Wryms are also thought to be the servants of bahamut; that is the only conflict I see as it pertains to wyrms. However, in skyrim, a loyal dragon served the dragonborn whom freed him as opposed to his superior.

However, adding a puk jug could be a mistake; because the door is open for dragon -esque jug pets. honestly, why should dragoons, whom are not true pet jobs gain a powerful pet while we get a crappy puk. Personally, i would want a naul as opposed to a puk, if a wrym is a no go, I say don't release any dragon jug at all; perhaps they may be best. However, a dragon is indeed charmable.

Dragoons could receive a larger wyvern which possess healing breathes "Shrugs" i do not see why a dragoon could not receive a larger variation of their wyvern while we get the wild ones.

Wonder what SE or devs thinks about this? I would rather see a "There is no plans to add a dragon jug or increase/we will increase drg's wyvern size" as opposed to speculation.
    (0)

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    A puk is perfectly acceptable as far as I can see.

In Dynamis-Xarcabard, you've got demon BSTs with wyvern familiars. That honestly, makes zero sense. Since when did demons and dragons get along?
    (2)

Hey, I'm all about equality, I'm not arguing to give DRGs a better pet while at the same time give BSTs the shaft of course. ^_^
    Many things in this game don't make sense; I guess we can't look to Achtelle and the Dyna-Xarc demons for job inspiration. Just like I can't look to Lion and wish I could have her hair on my character, lol.
    Keeping the little blue baby dragon is not a big deal if they would just reduce the call timer and have it survive longer/do more damage (the breaths are pointless, minus the healing part).
    If SE gives BSTs a dragon jug, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, as long as they boost DRG to keep up with the other DDs or something.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    A puk is perfectly acceptable as far as I can see.

In Dynamis-Xarcabard, you've got demon BSTs with wyvern familiars. That honestly, makes zero sense. Since when did demons and dragons get along?
    Honestly; that is a great point. I thought dragons killed their kind? Or are killers.

I really do not understand the lore argument. The only aspect that makes some sense is wyrms being servants of bahamut. However, Hurkan is the ruler of all marajami birds, but our tulfaire, whom originated from marajami (Ibuki), has no issue kicking his a$$. Also, how is it that a smn can summon the same avatar as the one they are fighting in BCNMs? So basically, they are fighting an essence of themselves. If we were to get a Naul jug, its, loyalty would be to us; same with all jugs. We do not have to charm them, just call em with the contents of a jug. Wyrms are superior dd than puks.

Imo, if a puk is implementable, a wyrm or ajattara should be also. All are intelligent and part of the same family.

Also, what about shinryu? Thought bahamut was the "one" as it pertains to wyrms. This game has numerous contradictory elements and honestly, a wyrm jug is more sensible than a kindred befriended a dragon or avatars fighting their very essence. Dragoons have dragon killer, but befriend wyverns? huh?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Hey, I'm all about equality, I'm not arguing to give DRGs a better pet while at the same time give BSTs the shaft of course. ^_^
    Many things in this game don't make sense; I guess we can't look to Achtelle and the Dyna-Xarc demons for job inspiration. Just like I can't look to Lion and wish I could have her hair on my character, lol.
    Keeping the little blue baby dragon is not a big deal if they would just reduce the call timer and have it survive longer/do more damage (the breaths are pointless, minus the healing part).
    If SE gives BSTs a dragon jug, I'm not going to lose sleep over it, as long as they boost DRG to keep up with the other DDs or something.
    No harm, no foul, both can be done imo.

Give Drgs a bigger wyvern or boost drg, while giving us Nauls; if bst and blu can co-exist, so can drg and bst^^

Wild dragons just seem more beastmaster -esque imo.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I kind of want a Twitherym jug even though WoW will hate the idea cause they aren't a very strong DD mob. They can be charmed though and they look super cute.

ON TOPIC: I'd love a puk jug

Really though I'd prefer if they just uncapped the jugs we had and changed BST affinity to something useful rather than an excuse to gimp us.
    I am on record for saying a bst skillchain; each merit and gloves increase the damage by a small percentage; 2%.

But yea, lol, I have a dd pet only mentality, lol. I would not mind a butterfly, tempestuous upheaval could be awesome in a crowd. However, I would prefer if they added a few dd oriented pets as well. I truly believe a jug's dd potential is the most important factor when implementing jugs. Big numbers will get us into pts, ask those sams and rngs^^ A naul, scorp, and wivre with their beneficial abilities intact would blow most bst's mind if we ever got these in jug form.

My hierarchy of dd jugs would look something like this; top 5 imo.

1) Naul (Spike flail^^ Also, dragon breath can still hit players 1k dmg with lvlgear)
    2) Wivre (Boiling blood and crippling slam)
    3) Scorpion (Sharp strike, death scissors)
    4) Craklaw (Sundering Snip, Impenetrable Carapace)
    5) Mantid (Preying Posture, Raptorial Claw, Exorender)

All dragons not named Hyra or Zilant are indeed implementable imo. I am not buying the lore/unimplementable statements. SE alluded to allowing sky mobs as possible jugs. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post191859. They even mentioned the possibility of adding flans, but needed time to make the background story fit.

As it pertains to Wyrms, the storyline could be quite simple. Firstly, an addition of an item, similar to honey wine, but a jug content. Wyrms appear to like fine beverages "shrugs" Perhaps a dessert wine or something. Allow cooks to obtain this drink, which is essentially jug contents. Ingredients; royal grapes, white honey, dragon fruit, olive flower, a new type of harvested item only found in grauberg (S), where wyverns and a wyrm are known to live and a water crystal. Combining these items would create Dessert wine, which is a jug; akin to Scarlet sap, which does not read "broth." Cooks and beastmasters managed to communicate with ladybugs whom were thought to be extinct according to the lore, hence wyrms are not impossible to implement imo. This jug is not like other wyrms, he does not fly nor is he one of bahamut's henchman. His loyalty lies with the bst. He is a special entity.

Nauls are extremely powerful; I do not see why they could not be called upon by a bst. We can already charm a mob from that fourth ecosystem anyway. The wyrm would grant us a killer instinct effect to kindred; no biggie really. Blu and bst both have monster correlation and killer effects, hence overlap, it is not a big deal imo.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-08-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    I did not say charm; puks are also intelligent and able to understand human language. There are a plethora of uncharmable mobs that are in jug form. Intelligence is irrelevant; we are not charming them, but rather, recruiting them. Griffins are majestic animals, but bst can call upon a hippo to aid them in battle. We are not manipulating them, but using a method to call upon the monster to help us. Jugs are like pop triggers, you use the contents to attract a powerful/unique entities.
    Charm and BST jugs go almost entirely hand and hand with some small exceptions as you've mentioned. If you can't see the parallels between charm and jug pets the continuity of this discussion is moot. Also, I wasn't saying what you're asking for is impossible, simply that as a general thought process, BSTs can rarely charm "Large" or "Intelligent" Pets, some jugs being an exception. Beastmen have been an exception as they can do many things players can't... such as Multiple summons (avatars), and so forth, they seem to posses the ability to go beyond what we can, this is as you've plainly stated they've charmed Cerberus/Hydra, and Kindred are thralls/servants of Odin, I imagine thats why they can charm Wyverns.

Asking for a full blown Wyvern/Wyrm might be a little much, but Puks are possible, which is more or less what I said in my last post.

1) Naul (Spike flail^^ Also, dragon breath can still hit players 1k dmg with lvlgear)
    2) Wivre (Boiling blood and crippling slam)
    3) Scorpion (Sharp strike, death scissors)
    4) Craklaw (Sundering Snip, Impenetrable Carapace)
    5) Mantid (Preying Posture, Raptorial Claw, Exorender)
    Pets with directional based TP moves, like spike Flail, etc will probably be hard to implement, which is why we as players didn't get any "Flail" type moves in Monstrosity. Though IDK why we haven't seen a Scorpion pet yet :I
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-08-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Charm and BST jugs go almost entirely hand and hand with some small exceptions as you've mentioned. If you can't see the parallels between charm and jug pets the continuity of this discussion is moot. Also, I wasn't saying what you're asking for is impossible, simply that as a general thought process, BSTs can rarely charm "Large" or "Intelligent" Pets, some jugs being an exception. Beastmen have been an exception as they can do many things players can't... such as Multiple summons (avatars), and so forth, they seem to posses the ability to go beyond what we can, this is as you've plainly stated they've charmed Cerberus/Hydra, and Kindred are thralls/servants of Odin, I imagine thats why they can charm Wyverns.

Asking for a full blown Wyvern/Wyrm might be a little much, but Puks are possible, which is more or less what I said in my last post.

Pets with directional based TP moves, like spike Flail, Crippling Slam, etc will probably be hard to implement, which is why we as players didn't get any "Flail" type moves in Monstrosity. Though IDK why we haven't seen a Scorpion pet yet :I
    Crippling slam is indeed in monstrosity, my wivre is lvl 40-ish and that moves is awesome^^ can spike as high as 600+ dmg. This is at lvl 40, keep in mind guys/gals, back in the day (pre abyssea), 500-600 rampages and raging fist was elite status in the 50s. This is why I am an advocate of powerful pet moves. If my Gambodge beetle can do rhino wreck for 800 dmg to VTs at lvl57, imagine what a jug pet could do at 99; whom possess boosted versions of those abilities (Due to the ready move boost).

Also, charm pets do not go hand in hand with bst anymore. Charm is a dead art. Ibuki, raphie, falcorr, and the toads are not charmable. Charm is a non-factor now and days. Raphie was large, so the large argument is not really valid. Large monsters in monstrosity also have smaller forms. Not sure if anyone noticed, but a few of the tigers appeared smaller than their wild counterparts, while the pugil jug was huge compared to other pugs.

I really don't care for a wyrm or wyvern jug; I just want the monsters with the powerful moves; Wivre, scorp, opo, mantid, cracklaw, gambodge beetle etc. Wivre is my top choice personally. Haste and zerk + crippling slam. I just don't see the conflict; this entire game is a contradiction, every player saved vanadiel XD. A wyrm jug is not that serious imo.
    (0)

Crippling slam is indeed in monstrosity,
    I edited out Crippling slam cause I remembered it wasn't directional. (just 3 minutes before your post :P, musta been typing as i realized it XD)

I also feel it should be noted Hydra Beastmasters have Undead Hounds as pets, which is an absolute no-no for any job.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-09-2014 at 08:34 AM.

Greetings,

As another player has already pointed out, adding a dragon-type pet for beastmaster would be somewhat unfair to dragoons since their specialty is using a wyvern, which is why we have not added a dragon-type pet.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast