Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Paid Name and Race Change.

Hello.

A paid name/race change is a topic that has been brought up many times, and all of the threads have been lost to the deep recesses of the forums. Most of these topics have received no response or a vague one at best.

I read that on 6-5-2014, FFXIV has allowed players to purchase phials of Fantasia to change their character's appearance via the Mog Station for $10 each. Is it possible for a system like this to carry on to FFXI as well?

I'm certain there are still many players that would like to change their name or race, and are willing to pay for it.

Please give this post a like and comment to show your support. Thank you for reading.
    (18)

Player
    maybe also change gender options when you change race like from Mithra to say Hume but you want a Male Hume instead of Female but yeah it does sound like a good system to add cause a lot of people want to change race/gender/name.
    (8)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Not a fan of name changes, MMOs tend to make you garner a reputation based on your actions. If you could toss aside that reputation for a few bucks whenever you wanted, it'd be abused by some IMO. Race/gender changes for sure though. I'll never understand why they haven't done it in the past, one of the most simple quick cash grabs in any MMO.
    (4)

I would not be opposed to being able to change my hair or just little aesthetic things like that.
    (1)

Character
    Cabensis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I've often wondered what it would be like to be a woman...
    But I like peeing while standing...

Quite the dilemma...

Make it happen SE, Inquiring minds want to know!
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Calintzpso View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EVERY GM EVER View Post
    Working as intended...lol

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MakkotoParinne View Post
    Hello.

A paid name/race change is a topic that has been brought up many times, and all of the threads have been lost to the deep recesses of the forums. Most of these topics have received no response or a vague one at best.

I read that on 6-5-2014, FFXIV has allowed players to purchase phials of Fantasia to change their character's appearance via the Mog Station for $10 each. Is it possible for a system like this to carry on to FFXI as well?

I'm certain there are still many players that would like to change their name or race, and are willing to pay for it.

Please give this post a like and comment to show your support. Thank you for reading.
    The vial of Phantasia was actually given away for free as a veteran award for subscribing for (I think) the initial 3 months? Eventually they made additional vials purchasable at the mog station for $10 but this was due to overwhelming demand by the community.

Another thing they've implemented in FFXIV is a hair stylist that you can use to change your character's hair style and some other cosmetic features whenever you want free of charge (only costs a small amount of gil in game), not to mention the armor dying system, and the vanity system. Other than name change, which as someone mentioned, you should NOT be able to change in an MMO, everything else is adjustable and customizable.

I understand limitations due to PS2/360 hardware, and outdated engine etc, but at the very least, allowing us to change hairstyles would be a huge plus. I picked one I'm not really happy with, and I've regretted it for years, but I'd never start over because of it.
    (0)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Not a fan of name changes, MMOs tend to make you garner a reputation based on your actions. If you could toss aside that reputation for a few bucks whenever you wanted, it'd be abused by some IMO. Race/gender changes for sure though. I'll never understand why they haven't done it in the past, one of the most simple quick cash grabs in any MMO.
    technically with 4 day server transfers anyone could do this. just would cost more.
    (2)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I do believe a name change can be abused, though the option for people who have fallen out of love with their name would be nice. In retrospect, it would probably be a better idea to not have a name change option. :/ Perhaps a limit to the amount of changes could be implemented, but that might not be worth the trouble.
    (0)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Bumping the thread to keep it visible.
    (0)

Character
    Raiya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    To be honest there IS a way of changing ones name indirectly in this game, you simply just have to transfer your character to another server where your name is taken to force a namechange then switch back to your old server after the cooldowns expired.

As for race and name change its a suprise that this hasnt been done already as many including myself would love to officially change their race (in my case from hume to elvaan) and I would happily pay a few quid to do so as the amount of time I've invested in my own character is such that I couldnt be able to replay all the old content again. That being said one of the few things that would be nice to see would be new character customisation for the game as while theres no OFFICIAL way to change ones characters race/gender there is some unofficial ways to change ones character which are client side only (ie cosmetic) and some of them are extremely good.

Wether this would be technically possible I dont know but this game is far from dead and customisations like this would definately be welcome and help to prolong the game unless SE are secretly planning to give FFXI a ARR style renewal down the road.
    (3)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast