Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Radames
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 16
    Let's hear SOMETHING about this for once.
    (0)

Character
    Parinne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thanks for keeping the thread continually bumped.

While we wait for a response, I figure we could all elaborate on what race we would like to change to and why, but first, I'd like to preface with a little more insight about how I feel about character customization.

Currently I play an Elvaan female with blonde pigtails, Parinne. She was inspired by an original character I had come up with years ago, while writing a story with a friend. I do love her dearly, however, I have become bored of her appearance, and no longer identify with her as a character, much like I stopped identifying with Makkoto years ago.

What we identify with over the years will change. People want their avatar to represent a part of who they are, and who they have become. Many who play FFXI are adventuring as characters they have created while they were teenagers, even young children. A lot can change in the span of 12 years, even a single year, and our avatars should have the capacity to reflect that, much like FFXIV.

The character I would like to change to is a female Hume named Amaris, with short, blonde hair with the flip in the front. Some time ago, I had sent her onto the test server (RIP Undine). I enjoyed her fierce, yet pretty, look, and her expressions. On the test server, I could easily acquire gear for her, and used her as a conduit to practice jobs that I did not have the time or money to play on the public server. (I was NOT polished with my technique or familiar with the game mechanics back then)

Over the course of months, I used this new character, Amaris, to build my skill and meet a good friend in the process. Amaris was the character I used for the Heroine's Holdfast test server event, and there were even screenshots taken of me playing as her, fighting Lion!

This new character clicked with me, but I couldn't level her up on the public server, as that would take many months of hard work to even catch up to the same level as Parinne. This would set my family and friends back who were ready to progress further. This is even more impossible nowadays, as in these last few years, I have made even more progress on Parinne. Missions, quests, gear, the prerequisites would take weeks to reaccomplish for a new character, forcing others to assist in Abyssea leveling for hours and babysit me through limit break quests. All of the skill levels, purchased/farmed spells, and nontransferable gear would be lost.

As stated in my original post, as of June 5th, FFXIV players can now purchase race changes in bulk, to use whenever they feel like it. Many players are in the same boat as me, their avatar does not represent who they are, or hold as much significance as it did when they created it.

I implore the community representatives and development team; please give us a response! We who want a name/race change are willing to pay for it, to give your company more money so that we may enjoy playing FFXI more than we already do. For the time being, all we can do is speak out about how we feel on this matter and continually bump the thread.

I sincerely hope something can be done. Thank you for reading.
    (4)
    Last edited by MakkotoParinne; 08-01-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MakkotoParinne View Post
    Thanks for keeping the thread continually bumped.

While we wait for a response, I figure we could all elaborate on what race we would like to change to and why, but first, I'd like to preface with a little more insight about how I feel about character customization.

Currently I play an Elvaan female with blonde pigtails, Parinne. She was inspired by an original character I had come up with years ago, while writing a story with a friend. I do love her dearly, however, I have become bored of her appearance, and no longer identify with her as a character, much like I stopped identifying with Makkoto years ago.

What we identify with over the years will change. People want their avatar to represent a part of who they are, and who they have become. Many who play FFXI are adventuring as characters they have created while they were teenagers, even young children. A lot can change in the span of 12 years, even a single year, and our avatars should have the capacity to reflect that, much like FFXIV.

The character I would like to change to is a female Hume named Amaris, with short, blonde hair with the flip in the front. Some time ago, I had sent her onto the test server (RIP Undine). I enjoyed her fierce, yet pretty, look, and her expressions. On the test server, I could easily acquire gear for her, and used her as a conduit to practice jobs that I did not have the time or money to play on the public server. (I was NOT polished with my technique or familiar with the game mechanics back then)

Over the course of months, I used this new character, Amaris, to build my skill and meet a good friend in the process. Amaris was the character I used for the Heroine's Holdfast test server event, and there were even screenshots taken of me playing as her, fighting Lion!

This new character clicked with me, but I couldn't level her up on the public server, as that would take many months of hard work to even catch up to the same level as Parinne. This would set my family and friends back who were ready to progress further. This is even more impossible nowadays, as in these last few years, I have made even more progress on Parinne. Missions, quests, gear, the prerequisites would take weeks to reaccomplish for a new character, forcing others to assist in Abyssea leveling for hours and babysit me through limit break quests. All of the skill levels, purchased/farmed spells, and nontransferable gear would be lost.

As stated in my original post, as of June 5th, FFXIV players can now purchase race changes in bulk, to use whenever they feel like it. Many players are in the same boat as me, their avatar does not represent who they are, or hold as much significance as it did when they created it.

I implore the community representatives and development team; please give us a response! We who want a name/race change are willing to pay for it, to give your company more money so that we may enjoy playing FFXI more than we already do. For the time being, all we can do is speak out about how we feel on this matter and continually bump the thread.

I sincerely hope something can be done. Thank you for reading.
    I'd like to switch to elvaan because they just have cooler animations when fighting. I'd pay a few bucks for it. I could do it for free if I so chose. I don't see the problem with a ps2 tax. They've been taxing everyone else for years.
    (0)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I would stay hume but change my appearance as I made a random character when I first started the game just to test it out, after a week I realised this game is awesome but thought a week is to much time to start over ( lol ) 6 years in I wish I had picked diff
    (1)

Player
    I tried coming back a while ago on a new char, the truth is that is a horrible task these days. Getting a new char to a decent level in terms of unlocks and gear is a sickening task, especially when it's just as annoying to get old outdated stuff done.

I'd appreciate being able to race change so I can have a new perspective on the game after so many years.
    (1)

Character
    Radames
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 16
    Sheesh, can the devs at least acknowledge this with a reply? Seriously wtf...
    (0)

Didn't think there were this many people who wanted this. Why the DEVs don't want free money? lol
    (2)

Player
    I~ want to change my face, nothing more personally, but I do support this!
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    There is bound to be something "wrong" with with it, like programing or the way data was originally created. That is the excuse they use for a lot of the older systems they don't want to bother with changing. That being said, I would love to see the ability to change race/name/appearance. I mean I love my Tarutaru, but my hairstyle is so 2002! Please SE introduce a way for us to customize ourselves in this game!
    And some NEW options might be nice too... like a Mohawk haircut for each of the races! ... (maybe fix the appearance bugs that are around too while you're at it, too much? okay screw the bugs).
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Didn't think there were this many people who wanted this. Why the DEVs don't want free money? lol
    Likely because the customers who are asking for it are in the wrong regions.
    (3)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast