Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nostromo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 36

Do people start learning their job at LV99?

I've noticed that many players just join abyssea worm parties to level up to 99, something that requires no skill or knowledge of your job whatsoever. Therefore, I have to ask, do people start learning their job at LV99? If so, there must be a bunch of noobs at endgame.
    (0)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If you use abyssea to get to 99 you'll likely need to skillup. While doing so you make macros and learn the abilities of your job. Use the job in easy content until you feel comfortable enough and have decent enough gear to participate in difficult stuff. It's really not hard to learn a job if you have a general understanding of the battle system and or have seen what others commonly do with the job.

Not sure if I'm feeding a troll or answered a genuine question but either way ~
    (1)

Player
    From a personal experience; I have a general idea how to use any job. Most of the JAs, spells, and traits have descriptions. Hence I just put two and two together. I burned several jobs to 99, but can effectively play any. As far as in endgame scenarios; just read up on the bosses traits, tendencies, and special abilities; they should have no problem if they are geared up to par. Experience is the best teacher of course.

We were all endgame noobs at one point, exp mobs and delve bosses are two different beast, hence someone whom is knowledgeable of their job will still be clueless if they are not aware of boss tendencies and special abilities. For instance, a new player whom whom is great in delve may not have bothered with NI or NNI, hence may be a noob (Inexperienced). Some may be very knowledgeable of their job, but inexperienced in specific endgame content. XI is not that hard though, just choose any of the golden child job and they should be fine hehe^^

I see what you are saying though; there is alot of burning going on and i am guilty of it as well. If they put in the work, these indivuals should be fine; also, some may be veterans or Alts.
    (1)

Player
    Yes some people in endgame are noobs but there is a sort of stepping stone system in the way content is setup that really makes it so that not many unknowledgeable players make it through the cracks. Normally as people progress through these things they become better players and when arriving at the end are good enough to participate and pull their own weight. Also as it's been said once you play a while you generally can figure out how other jobs work anyways so leveling them quickly really doesn't impact your performance, I for instance haven't ever played GEO or leveled it but if I leveled it to 99 tomorrow I'd know how to play the job for the most part just from reading about it's abilities and knowing other GEOs.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    A good player can learn a lot about jobs just by seeing them played. So someone that is already in endgame who then levels up a job and gears it up should be able to have a good grasp of it and will go for the fastest method. In fact I've definitely seen people play jobs in endgame for the first time better than career people. You'd be amazed how many mages think it's too much of a hassle to haste melees or brds to actually ya know keep buffs on people etc. But good players will know to do that even if they had never played it.
    (1)

Most people who aren't retarded will only burn to ~78, then grab the cruor gear and start to join in and help the alliance out while getting the last few levels. Even with how fast it is from 78 - 99 you can learn a lot about the job, and party mechanics. If you're burning a mage, you can join in anywhere from ~50+ though most 119 people now don't even need a cure, but haste is always nice to be buffed with. Or whatever geo spells/songs/rolls you may have learned already.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru_Sylph View Post
    I've noticed that many players just join abyssea worm parties to level up to 99, something that requires no skill or knowledge of your job whatsoever. Therefore, I have to ask, do people start learning their job at LV99? If so, there must be a bunch of noobs at endgame.
    There are a lot of noobs at endgame just as there have always been even when leveling was "hard." But since you likely won't accept that fact I'll just tell you what you want to hear instead.

Yes, everyone who doesn't follow your path to success is a failure and a noob. Yours is the only way, and the world will be a better place once we all start living like you.
    (4)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    There are a lot of noobs at endgame just as there have always been even when leveling was "hard." But since you likely won't accept that fact I'll just tell you what you want to hear instead.

Yes, everyone who doesn't follow your path to success is a failure and a noob. Yours is the only way, and the world will be a better place once we all start living like you.
    how miserably can you be the make a comment like that lol

anyways, as nice as some ppl want to put it, the answer to op question is yes. yes because that is the way the game has changed. you dont need to know anything to get to 99 and get to "end game". the only filter that prevents players from just be carried thru content is linkshell and shouts that require gear (for the assumption of skill level). to do it

unfortunately players now believe that just reading the job's ja or spell description and knowing vaguely what it does makes them a decent player. they also believe that it sould be enough for them to win the game. when in fact it not, never has been and never will be.

knowing that a spell like stun will prevent a mob from acting for a second~/interrupting its current action is one thing, but to know how to maximum the spell itself and which abilities/spell you should stun is another beast in itself. it seems something that challenging is believe to be absolute blasphemy. after standing 12 hours a day, 100 hours a week for the last 10 years in a minimium wage retail job to come home and spend their hard earn money to fail at a video game they choose to play for is ridicouslous. its game and when its so challenging that they have do have to do middle math for their gear and they have to focus on game mechanics for more than 45 mins is absurd.

so they push to 30 then 99, read a few descriptions, and master their skills from spark gathered. hoping that one day they will have all the nice shines, never realizing there is more to the game then just the items they strive for. very rarely you get some who passes thru the cracks , pushing to learn how to maximize their gear for damage, for thier ja or spells. who wants to learn how a mob behaves, how to use a your job to counteract it and manage things like mp, enmity, status ailments, buffs, and dare i say debuffs.

reading the spell description is like kindergarden, you have to learn not only what the ability/spell does but when and how to use it in the party setup and strat, there is distances, directions, enimity balance, defensive tactics and when to start and stop damage. players dont even know how to wipe and reset properly. being aware that if i aoe, im now on the hate list, i can go on and on,

so yes most players are noobs, who never get past this curve, and those who do become so full of themselves they dont want to player with other ppl and teach them.

granted most ppl never want/open enough past thier own ego to learn in the first place.
    (0)

Player
    Mission Accomplished^^ Now we are at one each others throats hehe.

Gonna leave this one, troll senses were tingling from the jump; deuces.
    (2)

Character
    Nostromo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 36
    First of all, I'm not trolling and I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I haven't played this game in a long time and it's changed a lot. There are some changes that I like, while others I find are questionable, such as this. Getting to the highest level doesn't mean much anymore. It's just another job you got to 99. I would argue that someone that went through what they did in the past to get to 75, did know their job more. Just yesterday, someone in my linkshell who got to 66 in less than a day was asking about skills he got at level 10, skills that one would come to master and understand over time, not within minutes or even hours completely. Not to mention how to use those skills with other people. You are supposed to know your job and skills by the time you reach max level, not at max level.

IMO, Abyssea has ruined this game. Where are the people to level with? There are none. Now I have to exp with lifeless trust NPCS, if I don't won't to spam worms in Abyssea. No relationships to be made on the way to max level. It's a cold, lonely experience. Before it was amazing. Everything meant something. Now, it's just a race to max level for endgame content like every other game out there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Maikeru_Sylph; 07-07-2014 at 05:55 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast