Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: EXP/Gil please

this thread still going?
    (0)
    1. True Gamers plays to have fun.
    2. True Gamers don't play to waste time.
    3. True Gamers Aren't wasting time if they enjoy the contents they play while progressing.
    4. Gamers Love to see progression based on time/effort they put into challenges.
    5. Gamers plays for challenging Elements, and Wants more Enjoyable contents.
    6. Gamers don't play for Time Sink Elements, and Don't want A game to be a Chore!
    All Gamers Unite!

Obviously not, are you high?
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    Call me selfish, but I dont really like helping people out, unless I get something from it

This can be a problem in LSes when people ask me to help out with missions or quests that I have already done. When I play a game I play to have fun. I dont play to help others have fun. Then it becomes a work, sort of.
    So you don't even help your own linkshell members progress. Wow...just wow. I can just imagine you being the sort of person sat in Jeuno twiddling your thumbs, who turns a blind eye to people shouting or begging for hours on end for aid for the same quests and missions you yourself was stuck on years ago, while scouring the spam of /sh and /yell for someone asking for aid and offering a 100k+ reward.

When Abyssea got introduced and I started EXPing there, people open chests of over 1k EXP, and the Bastion ond OPS give crazy EXP fast. I think that cos of this, it should be possible to get this kind of EXP as fast in the old areas also via missions/quest.
    Now THAT I can agree on.
    (0)
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Yeah, I think i tried to make that point earlier. In a game where 200k/hour is possible , does it really do any harm to get 10-15k exp for a mission that takes well over an hour to complete? Afraid of people exploiting it to "finish" helping with the same mission 20 times in an hour? Just limit it to once per day per mission battle (isn't that how it is now anyway?). I think these rewards should probably even be in place for people doing the mission for their first time.

Getting 10-15k exp from a battlefield that took them quite a while to get to would probably still be even more interesting to actually do than repeating the same boring page in the same boring dungeon 5-6 times even if it granted them a bit more exp.

Nowadays, exp for new players is fast, sure, but I've heard from many that the book burning is still pretty boring. I feel pretty confident that many of the persons complaining about that would welcome a change where they could get several levels doing a mission for their first time instead. I mean, is it really that crazy an idea to let new players level up their first job mainly from mission exp, rather than grindgrindgrindgrind for 10 hours in CN on a magical exp-vomiting tome?
    (0)

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    Everyone talks about teamwork...then the next breath they say but Im not doing it for nothing. Thats not teamwork, thats looking after yourself. If you want rewards for helping people, and only help people if there is a reward, no wonder you are having to wait for others to catch you up. Its about getting everyone to some place they can be useful to you not just about getting something.
    (0)

Character
    Katsurakotonoha
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    the reason i made 2 characters is to help people
    and because that´s what this game is all about
    and to be fair i even got money for the help or items and stuff but mostly i say no thanks helping others is what makes me be here playing
    (0)
    Since abysea came out i seen an overgrowing number of people dont even know how to play the game correctly
    party´s are now obsolete now and my only way of getting exp are 1.- solo or 2.-GoV Burning
    wish i could party again

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    So you don't even help your own linkshell members progress. Wow...just wow. I can just imagine you being the sort of person sat in Jeuno twiddling your thumbs, who turns a blind eye to people shouting or begging for hours on end for aid for the same quests and missions you yourself was stuck on years ago, while scouring the spam of /sh and /yell for someone asking for aid and offering a 100k+ reward.
    You are partially right.

1.) Like I said earlyer, I have a social LS, so people dont ask for help (including me), so yes I dont help my Linkshell for obvius reasons.
    2.) Yes I turn a blind eye to people in need if it is something that I dont wanna do.
    3.) I was never really "stuck" on anything, except the Airship battle and Snoll battle from CoP back in the days (thats cos we always lost, not cos I couldnt find people). What I do with my playtime is this: "- I wanna finish this mission. I will shout for it. - I wanna Abyssea. I will put my flag up. - I wanna do some BCNMs. I will shout for it. - Ooh, whats that I see? A shout for Shinryu. I'll join that!"
    It's not like I am standing in Jeuno, all friend-less, "twiddeling" my thumbs. You just phail to see that my playstyle works for alot of people. ( Like the LS I am in)
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlan View Post
    this thread still going?
    I started to wonder that myself XD
    There are too many trolls and non-constructive replies, so kinda hard to debate anything^_-
    (0)
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruka-Ash View Post
    the reason i made 2 characters is to help people
    and because that´s what this game is all about
    and to be fair i even got money for the help or items and stuff but mostly i say no thanks helping others is what makes me be here playing
    When SE made the game, I can't remember that they said that it was made to "help people". Thats just you assuming and making your own facts.
    But the game game is based on alot of teamwork, which is a TOTALLY different thing ^_-
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaych; 09-22-2011 at 02:56 AM.
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9