Thread: EXP/Gil please

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

EXP/Gil please

Call me selfish, but I dont really like helping people out, unless I get something from it

This can be a problem in LSes when people ask me to help out with missions or quests that I have already done. When I play a game I play to have fun. I dont play to help others have fun. Then it becomes a work, sort of.

So, what I would like implemented is a bonus for people whom has finished missions, quests etc and wants to help others finishing them. That "bonus" could be a great deal of EXP or Gil. Not just 500 exp, but maybe even 5 000 or 10 000 EXP depending on the difficulty of the missions/quests. Gil should also be an option, like in the Trial quests for when obtaining a Avatar.

This way, it could actually be much easyer to get people to help you with missions and also people didnt have to feel like they "work" to help other^_- They would actually benefit from it.

When Abyssea got introduced and I started EXPing there, people open chests of over 1k EXP, and the Bastion ond OPS give crazy EXP fast. I think that cos of this, it should be possible to get this kind of EXP as fast in the old areas also via missions/quest.

The first time you finish these missions/quests, you usually get a good reward. (usually>_> Nation missions, I am talking to you *cough*. Gil is nice though^_-) But when you help out, u dont really get anything.

Please SE, revamp!
    (3)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Wow you are a terrible person...
    (24)

Character
    Dazusu
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    I dont play to help others have fun. Then it becomes a work, sort of.
    Please, invest in a single player game. That way the rest of us don't have to deal with people like you.
    (25)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I agree we should get something for re-doing quests.... but i still help people when there is no gain o.o
    (4)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Dont get me wrong. I love teamplay, but what the usual case is that when you help someone (atleast in my cases), you dont get help back. Then there is drama in the LS. During my 6 years of playing FFXI, I havent been in one LS where this hasnt happend at one point. There is always someone who steals, start flaming when they dont get theyr way, etc.

And when it comes to the "I-dont-help-people-unless-I-get-something-out-of-it"-statement, well, in return, I never ask for help^_- That dosent make me a terrible person. I am just glad to avoid the drama that usually accurs in these situations. But, it would help though if you got a "carrot" by repeating missions and quests. That way, helping others would not only give personal satisfaction for many people, but alost a "bonus" for all as well^_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    I agree we should get something for re-doing quests.... but i still help people when there is no gain o.o
    Thank you for your constructive answer^_-
    (1)
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You are welcome.
    (1)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Character
    Chaani
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If this is the "usual case" for you, you need to find different friends.
    (5)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well, the point is of this thread is not about me not wanting to help people, but if you like the idea that quests and missions should give a "bonus" to the ones who have already finished them^_-
    (1)
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:

Character
    Kuwabaraone
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    So you're saying increase the incentives upon completing, say, a BCNM or ENM then? Why not just merc then? You 'help' others and rake in profit upon completion. Only flaw is that you risk loss due to the abilities of your 'client', assuming they don't know what they're doing. Mercing isn't just limited to Gil/EXP, you can also use it as a means to farm mats for synthing and possibly craft on the downtime, thus continuing the stream of income. Up to you, really.

KB1

PS. Drama will always exist, as we are people. Simply face forward, and do your best to deal with it when it comes.
    (2)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuwabaraone View Post
    So you're saying increase the incentives upon completing, say, a BCNM or ENM then? Why not just merc then? You 'help' others and rake in profit upon completion. Only flaw is that you risk loss due to the abilities of your 'client', assuming they don't know what they're doing. Mercing isn't just limited to Gil/EXP, you can also use it as a means to farm mats for synthing and possibly craft on the downtime, thus continuing the stream of income. Up to you, really.

KB1

PS. Drama will always exist, as we are people. Simply face forward, and do your best to deal with it when it comes.
    Or "simply" avoid it. If I dont have to be around it, I dont see why I should "deal" with it^_-

U sure talk difficult for me. Not sure what you mean by incentives, mercing, or who the "client" is>_>

But enneway, what I am talking about is if I help with BCNMs, Avatar battles, etc, I get something from it, like gil or weapons and other stuff, or synthesice as you said. These rewards, I can sell, use or w/e. (Like I explained, gil and exp was examples of a "bonus" you could get from helping others. It dosent have to be those two, but I thought a "bonus" pretty much coverd it all >_>)

Now the rewards you get from BCNMs and such should also become avalabe when you help people kill Snoll again, defeat Shadow Lord again, or the help with Airship battle again... These missions dont give anything/or give small amounts of exp and such, to the ones that help. Gaming is about having fun. If you think its fun to help others progress in theyr missions, go for it! But I dont. I have already done the missions and dont need to repeat it>_> I dunno how many times I have heard "Damn, I wanted to EXP today, not spend all day camping this NM, repeating this mission" etc.

So I know I am not alone about this matter and, in light of Abyssea where you get insane EXP from Bastions and OPS, I dont think its much to ask for from SE to implement this "bonus" for helping with missions/quests. Its not like you can abuse this by repeating them over and over. When you do a mission you progress and need to move on in the story. (and think about it, in Abyssea you can enter at lvl 30... If thats not abuse, Iunno what is>_>).
    (0)
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast