Thread: EXP/Gil please

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I help people without getting direct rewards for it. I would help even more people if I did get direct rewards for it.
    Only help people with COP BCs, you get ZP frop those. lol
    (0)

Some fights do have rewards for doing them again. The ACP/MKD/ASA ones do, wanna say a lot of the COP/ZM ones do too. Been a while since I had to assist with those lines.

Have to bear in mind that helping people out with a lot of these do actually benefit you, just maybe not directly. For example, getting someone to Sky or Sea, for example provides someone else in your shell to do events with in those zones. Getting someone's Genkai's done gets them leveled up so they can do more stuff with you on your level.

It's called... paying it forward.
    (2)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Makes me think of that I have just been helping a random PLD to finish windy missions for the sole reason that it was driving me crazy that the poor guy didn't have a single refresh atma. lol
    (2)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not sure how I can quote many ppl in one post so I'll just cut and paste as I give answers. If you know how to reply on more people than one, please, answer this thread XD <3 I have alot of people I want to answer^_-

-------
    RAIST
    " Some fights do have rewards for doing them again. The ACP/MKD/ASA ones do, wanna say a lot of the COP/ZM ones do too. Been a while since I had to assist with those lines.
    Have to bear in mind that helping people out with a lot of these do actually benefit you, just maybe not directly. For example, getting someone to Sky or Sea, for example provides someone else in your shell to do events with in those zones. Getting someone's Genkai's done gets them leveled up so they can do more stuff with you on your level.

It's called... paying it forward. "

Answer:

No, this is called working, being bored, wasting time (for me) etc, to have fun later. I respectfully disagree with you cos I know alot of people who is doing things your way. And I usually say "If it works for you, go for it!".

But, I play a game to have fun. Like I said, I dont like to help people with stuff that I dont like doin. When I am IRL and at work or with friends and family, then I see the logic you say, but never in a game. If you play a game to "work" to have fun, then something is wrong IMO. After being in a Limbus LS for 9 months and only doing one Proto-Ultima, I realized, this isnt something thats worth doing. I dont wanna kill Proto-Omega 40 times, and THEN 1 Ultima... After all that work (helping), its not worth it.

And yes, I do realized that some of the missions and such have rewards (just like I said when I posted), but IMO not nearly enough. Like the Avatar quests. If you help someone with avatar battles, you get 10k gil. And thats not bad. But the time it takes to get to all the cloisters, I could have spent other places like Abyssea, getting much more Gil. I used to join alot of BCNM fights when I was broke, especially Operation Desert Swarm. If 5 people had a orb, I would get 20k. Sometimes more, depending on how many Rare/Ex items I got that I could sell to NPC^_-

As for your statement about ZM missions have rewards for doing them again, I cant really find anything on the wiki about that. It could be nice with a link or something^_^ Only one I could think of is if you want to change the "Divine Might" Earring, that could be a "reward". But I dont really count that in cos I am perfectly happy with my reward, so I dont have to change it.

Some of the misisons in CoP give EXP to repeaters, like 1500 exp. It can take 3-5 hours finishing a mission, especially "The Mothercrystals". That mission makes 4500 exp. The small exp you get from killing stuff on the way up to the boss I dont really count in. If you want to, then ok, but bottom line is that all those hours helping someone and you get 4.5k exp.... Thats the same exp I get from 1 OPS quest in Abyssea. So I am saying that the time you spend in helping others should be compensated in one way or another. The reward for redoing quests in CoP is 1000 exp to 2000 exp. (only the last mission gives 2k exp reward). IMO, thats not nearly enough.

When it comes to the Add-ons, its kinda the same as CoP. You just might get a gear you want with the stats that you want by repeating the same quest over and over. I get it and I am not very against it, but I dont rly like repeating something over and over months after months to get the gear/stat that you want.

As a round-up, if helping others gives you satisfaction there or later on and thats good enough for you, then I repeat: Go for it! ^_-

----------

Octaviane

"There will come a time I am certain that you will need help with something major, we all do. When that happens your attitude will gain you nothing/no help/zip/nada. I personally do not like players who constantly ask for/receive help and give nothing back, or who switch between a multitude of shells asking for help when they can't get it from one or another. The reward for giving back is personal satisfaction, that should be enough. "

Answer:

Well, obviusly you didnt read my thread properly and you are btw wrong. My "attitute" has gotten me very far. I have played 6 years, and so far I have finished all nation missions, ZM, CoP, ToAU, WotG, Abyssea, lots of quest. And how have I done this? I have been with people who wants the same. When I shout for CoP missions, I get people that needs it, write theyr name down and continue with them in a Static til we are done. Thats how I get people to do something "major".

If you get LS members to help you with missions(that dont need it), and then you help them back, thats fine. But dont tell me that "my attitude" is wrong and will get me "nowhere/zip/nada/. Cos it has and I am enjoying the game very much cos of the different ways you can do something.

When I join a LS, I tell them "I am only here for the social part. I dont expect anything from you, so dont expect anything from me". Its perfectly fair and should be respected. If they dont like it, I dont join. If they do (and yes, many people only have social LSes and do respect this), we know where we stand. I never ask anyone for any help. I ask "Mission-name, do you need it?" If they do need it, I try and static. If they dont, I refuse help^_-

So the only thing I agree with you here is the sentence: "I personally do not like players who constantly ask for/receive help and give nothing back, or who switch between a multitude of shells asking for help...". GAWD, I HATE that. If someone helps you, you should help them back... Thats why I never ask for help and find people that needs the same things I need^_-)

----------

chubrocka

"Please go back to WoW or whatever selfish solo style game you came from.
    Oh wait you also soloed CoP fully and zillart, dynamis, limbus, sea........................hnm's bcnm's maxing rank in all nations.. I wish i was as good as you... Ill stick to my pay-it-forward way of play and LS..must have cost you millions of gill to finish on your own.. or paying for it, or....................

Remember finding people around like that and doing major LS /blist or hunting them and MPK all day.. "

Answer:

"Remember", that the arrogant attitude you have shows that you dont really respect other peoples playstyle. I played WoW, and I have to say that it is soooooooo boring 90% of the time. It takes me months to get a lvl cos I dont like to play that often. Its too repeditive and predictable.
    FFXI is a teamgame. You need people (mostly) to finish something. Thats why I find people that needs the same things I need. If that takes a few shouts in Jeuno to get, thats fine, but it beats being in a LS that only focus on helping eachother all the time IMO.

If I join a "Help-others-LS", then FFXI becomes just like WoW. A repedetive cycle on redoing missions and quests. So, I say to you:
    "If you like repeating stuff, go and play WoW. There are tons of disrespectful people there^_-"

As for your comments on that I "soloed" all my missions, take the time time to read my thread. Look at my answer to Octaviane.

As for the rest of you out there, if you like playing FFXI in a certan way, untraditional or traditional... Go for it! Whatever works for u

Notice;
    Please keep this thread "nice". It's not good to have people around who dont respect others opinion. I have a saying that goes; "I agree to disagree with you" and then I leave it at that. When you have something to say, stay constructive and know that not all dont play FFXI for the same reasons you do

<3
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaych; 04-11-2011 at 01:24 AM.
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Jesus!!

I need to shorten my answers >_>
    (0)
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?

Character
    Gropitou
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaych View Post
    Jesus!!

I need to shorten my answers >_>
    You need to move on, spending that much time on an answer shows you're more into the forum than into the game.
    (2)
    Down with PS2 Emulation / Give us PS3 Native software

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Lol.... It shows that I have something to say. Gotta love /sarcasm. Not gonne "move on" cos someone disagrees with me...

And you know, there is this thing called Windowed mode. You can play FFXI then tab to internet explorer and post on forums. I am one of the lucky ones who can multitask^_-
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaych; 04-11-2011 at 03:18 AM.
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:

@Kaych
    you REALLY need to read my sig. At the end of your wall of text, you FINALLY espouse the general message of it, yet you don't seem to be following it too well in practice.

For some clarification in your answer to me--I never stated that ZM's did give rewards:
    wanna say a lot of the COP/ZM ones do too. Been a while since I had to assist with those lines
    And you can quote text by using the quote and /quote html tags.

And now my wall of text, but trust me, it serves a purpose:

This game was designed to be a co-op experience. While a lot of the content has always had the option to solo/low man, the big stuff was designed to virtually require teamplay, as it is SUPPOSED to be a MMORPG. If you want to be selfish and do only what you need to do, and only want to help others if there is something in it for you--then by all means MERC yourself out. I would hazard a guess that the majority of the FFXI community believes in helping friends out (or complete strangers in an effort to make new friends) simply because either that is the type of people they are, or they understand that it WILL benefit them later in the game. Chaulk it up to generating good Kharma, or people understanding they will need a high level RDM, WHM, or BLM with refresh atmas, having a RNG might be good for quick ACP runs for ls mates that still need the final fight--whatever they may feel may be a benefit for themselves or their circle of friends.

Here is something for you to consider that has been going on in my circle of friends. One of our Resident BST/PUP (only two jobs he ever took to 75) just offered to level BRD for us to use as our regular BRD was tired of it and wanted to level something else. So, they formed a static and ran his BRD up. I took him farming for scrolls--sold the drops we didn't need, made a nice chunk of gil, and I upgraded some gears for other jobs. Was getting a Sahagin key and farming for hours a pain in the butt, even they I didn't need anything from there? yes. Did I get something in reward for my time--yes(earned gil on the side and upgraded gears). Did it benefit the group? yes--he got his BRD leveled, got his songs, and got to spam songs as I tanked and got skillups--30+ people will benefit from having his BRD with propeer tools/skills available for events. Would I personally have benefited more by spending my time working on only my stuff like completing my AF3? Maybe--but...on the other hand, he also needs gear for his BRD, PUP, BST. Guess what... a lot of the stuff he needs comes from mobs/quests that also drop SMN, and BLM, (maybe some BST too, forget) which I need. Guess who gets to come along on my farming sessions? A player with 90 BST/PUP/BRD.. mighty convenient for me, eh?

now I'm not THAT opportunistic. This particular player has been an in-game friend of mine for ages--he dragged me a long and made me finish ZM, and if not for his help, I wouldn't have CoP done, nor most of my TAU, Nyzul, nor ALL of my WotG (we efen DUOED a lot of it when others were insisting on cookie cutter party setups). Yes, we've died a lot. Yes, we've given up on some and put them off until we could get more help. But, the point is.. if neither of us had been willling to make some sacrifices (ie time, suffered loss of xp and gil on items and such)--we would not have formed a friendships that has allowed us to progress far beyond where we could go solo, and since we were doing it with FRIENDS we had a helluva lot of fun doing it. These friendships have extended to outside of the game, even though we are hundreds of miles apart. So in the end, I guess you could say I have not only benefited in game, but have benefited in my personal life as well.

Now.. for the real clencher. Want to know how this great series of relationships started? I was in a party in Qufim when I first started playing. Dind't have a main LS--only stayed in one event pearl that I picked up doing a Rank mission in a pickup. The party leader wanted to move to khazaam and I didn't have access. We needed a WHM, and I couldn't go. The party was all in the leader's LS. He pearled me and they took me to get my keys, and we went to the jungles and exp'ed. Eventually, he had to leave the game due to RL issues and the shell dissolved (married, moved, started planning a family). The shell dissolved. A small band of us stayed in touch for while via Friendslist and hopping between other shells we had, getting pearls for eachother until one of us found a good shell and we all eventually reunited. In some cases, our old LS takes over the events for the day simply because the majority of us are from that former LS. We more or less merged two shells together in sense, and have expanded our circle of friends into something even greater then what we had before.

And, it all started becuase a complete stranger that picked me up from a search for a WHM to do a Qufim party offered to help me get my Kazahm pass.

So, in summation:never underestimate the value in helping someone else just for the sake of helping them out, you never know just where it may lead.
    (0)
    Last edited by RAIST; 04-11-2011 at 08:27 AM.
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

getting a tarutaru to help you is easy just shake a cookie in front of them then when they get close stuff them in a sack and tarunap them. LOLZ all jokeing aside he has a very big point i would bring in 3 and 4 new people into linkshells my friend owned spend tons of time nurturing them takeing them under my wing doing quest and missions getting there jobs and subjobs then poof they quit or move on. After a while (4 years) i stopped doing it. There was nothing in it for the time spent i would still adopt a taru from time to time and look after them. But when i started getting heavy into end game i just didnt have time for it anymore that and my personal life got busy. i would like to see gil items or exp in respectable quantities another option is items that can be used to augment or improve nations armor gained in conquest or other events thats just my thought
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gropitou View Post
    You need to move on, spending that much time on an answer shows you're more into the forum than into the game.
    I'm not sure I understand. >.>
    (0)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast