Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Job Point Suggestion

Very simple one, can job points obtained be used across all jobs rather than each job having to gain their own points? It's clearly shown in the latest survey that most people are dissatisfied with the job point system as it is and I believe the system itself would be greatly improved by just having a collective pool of job points just like merit points.

As a result people would be able to farm job points on optimal jobs and then be able to spend the points wherever they wished. As of now there are some options for achieving job points solo, low tier skirmish for one whereas at least on Cerberus, I never see anyone shouting to form a job point party.

Woh Gates would be superb to burn up job points but solo with trust, accuracy and survivability would be a major issue against lvl 128 mobs, whereas if people could bring their optimal jobs, I'd think something like 3 DD, whm, brd, cor for example and then spend hard earned points on whichever job they'd like, people might actively party up to farm up job points.

While I don't have the jobs leveled, I'd imagine jobs like PUP, SMN, BST and RDM struggle for job points for now, as do several other jobs I suspect.
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    whereas at least on Cerberus, I never see anyone shouting to form a job point party.

Woh Gates would be superb to burn up job points but solo with trust, accuracy and survivability would be a major issue against lvl 128 mobs, whereas if people could bring their optimal jobs, I'd think something like 3 DD, whm, brd, cor for example and then spend hard earned points on whichever job they'd like, people might actively party up to farm up job points.

While I don't have the jobs leveled, I'd imagine jobs like PUP, SMN, BST and RDM struggle for job points for now, as do several other jobs I suspect.
    CP parties are a rarity, you just have to find people that would like to get involved. On Bahamut, they're far from common, however a couple specific people have taken it upon themselves to begin making these parties, and the reception has been overall fairly good. Exp is very fast, CPs aren't bad, and if you plan on crafting, you've got water crystals for days. :P

One thing to mention about it as far as "optimal setup" is it's just not needed, if anything, it's a hinderance. We once tried a buffed setup, 2x Mnk 1x Sam Brd Cor Whm, and everything just died entirely too quick. We were camped at the crabs/pugils/efts area in Dho Gates, and we'd frequently kill our own chain due to repops not being fast enough.

Since then, we've simply began going as 6x whatever. We did 2x Rng Mnk Geo Smn Rdm one day, did just fine. Whm 2x War 2x Blu Brd another, did fine. Blm Sch Geo Brd 2x Mnk, just fine. I'd really suggest giving it a try sometime, the healing needed is very light unless you aggro/link a lot of things for whatever reason, the accuracy isn't that bad at all, could cap with just gear if you really wanted or just eat sushi. The CPs are a bit slower than Woh Gates with a buffed party, but the exp is still really good.

As for the rest of the JP changes, idc, good luck. :P Just chiming in about the CP parties being rare, cause its something that anyone interested in JPs really shouldn't miss out on by stressing over an optimal group.
    (0)

Player

RDM is awesome, we don't struggle. All i hear from your post is whining. You can easily go to non-adoulin areas and kill level 95-100 mobs solo on any job to get your Job Points.
    (0)

Player
    Really the only issue I have with the system is the amount of points gotten per kill/the time needed to get them. Thus far I have Magic Accuracy on RDM to 5, that's 15 Job Points, farming in Woh I often get 1 Job Point every half a hour to a hour at best. I'm not even capped on 1 of my 4 categories I currently have and they will be adding a ton more, we're months into this having been released and I've no real interest in it because the speed at which I get these points when I set out specifically to get them is pathetic let alone when I don't try and just get them casually. I understand why people don't like it being tied to each job, I don't like the sound of it either personally, but I'm not effected by it due to the fact I only play a single job so it's not nearly as bad for me as most thankfully. Either way, I think it should be changed in both speed and in how the points can be spent, at least let a person spend double/triple the points from another job to upgrade one for a job of your choice, for instance 3 RDM points for 1 point in WHM.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    RDM is awesome, we don't struggle. All i hear from your post is whining. You can easily go to non-adoulin areas and kill level 95-100 mobs solo on any job to get your Job Points.
    For the record if you think I was whining then you clearly see something not there as, for it's current incarnation I really couldn't care less for job points, I don't actively try to get them as for the most part the reward for getting job points doesn't outweigh the massive amount of exp grinding it would take to get them.

If you don't agree with my suggestion then fine whatever but the point is I have no interest in gaining job points when I could be doing more important things in the game, by allowing job points work like merit points, at least you would be able to do your usual thing and when you gain the occasional job point you can spend it where you see fit rather than on that particular job you were playing at the time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tidis; 07-02-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    You can easily go to non-adoulin areas and kill level 95-100 mobs solo on any job to get your Job Points.
    That sounds like a wonderful plan. How much CP per hour can we expect doing this?
    (0)

Player
    but the point is I have no interest in gaining job points when I could be doing more important things in the game, by allowing job points work like merit points, at least you would be able to do your usual thing and when you gain the occasional job point you can spend it where you see fit rather than on that particular job you were playing at the time.
    obviously job points aren't that important to you if you aren't willing to dedicate yourself to it. so you shouldn't even be arguing to change them.

All the people out there complaining about Job Points.... there is nothing that says you have to go get them. People played just fine before they were instituted. If people want the added benefit of them... then make the sacrifice and do what you have to do to go get them. If they aren't that important to you.... then don't say anything. People need to stop complaining, seriously. So many instant gratification people around here it makes me sick.

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    That sounds like a wonderful plan. How much CP per hour can we expect doing this?
    depends on how fast you kill.
    (1)

I agree that job points should work like merits, spend across jobs. And they come really, really slow.
    But don't forget that Adoulin RoE objectives give capacity points now.
    (0)

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The old EXP/Merit systems allowed players to level up and max out a Job without ever having to play it. Overnight, a player could go from BRD30 to BRD99 with max merits and be nearly indistinguishable from someone that's been BRD99 for the last year. The Job Point system rewards people for playing different jobs by allowing them to get better at the Job (statistically) as they continue to play it. Likely as a result of the Job Point system, I've seen a few people are pretty regularly do Delve1 as jobs like BLU and RUN.
    (0)

So far (On Phoenix) the only time that I've seen specific shouts for JP parties, was during the double Capacity Points Campaign.

One of the major issues with the system is that a lot of the categories are either downright useless, or extremely situational at best. I actually went out to farm JPs on BLU, just because they have a category that's actually worth levelling.

Sure, some categories will be good when they're capped with 30 JPs, but if they continue to scale as they are, that's 465 JPs per category, or 14 million capacity points. 52 million CP to completely cap 1 job, assuming that they don't add more than 4 categories to each job.

Absolutely ridiculous. It's added just so that people have something to aim for instead of leaving to play another game, while they work on real content.

Bear in mind also that it was stated when the new SP abilities were being considered, that they were going to introduce a way (Job Points) to reduce the timer for SP abilities by/to 30 mins. And we haven't seen these categories added yet, so there's more coming.
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast