Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I think the part where he said he was actually using GH before subbing to Scorpion Queen said it all, but I digress...

First and foremost you don't have a 5 hit because you don't WS in a 5 hit, which is the major reason why WAR's go for a 6 hit in order to up their WSDMG and damage/hit. (This is somewhat of an argument between more than a few people which is irrelevant to what I am saying because this person does not have a 5 hit)

Waist/Neck are debateable inside/outside, since he's talking about inside elemental gorgets/belts increase fTP by 0.1 and gorgets increase accuracy, 2.0fTP mod for STR etcetc.

Blitz ring and Bullwhip belt allow you to TP with 4/5 set like a Zelus would and since you only have a 6hit build this would be the preferred option. You do need to add 1xSTP for your WS build when doing so to maintain your 6hit outside Abyssea or without crap Atma's, but you used GH so meh.

Could be a lot worse but most of what's wrong is easy to obtain/Auction House/sillyness.

Zerk Up/Down set

Zahak's/Byakko's/Thundersoul/Pixie w/everything else posted is +61DEX, which should be in the 140range and capped dDEX for anything outside Abyssea. Some things potentially not, but there are gear swaps I'd make before taking off Zahak's.

Edit: Grim for good measure

5hit+5hit WS Gear+Food + Correct Atma's

WS Dmg: 3236
    Set DPS: 612.533
    Full DPS: 697.066

6hit

WS Dmg: 4339
    Set DPS: 757.226
    Full DPS: 793.253
    (0)
    Last edited by Rearden; 07-02-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/198866 - TP Everywhere. Only real upgrades I can see are Adaman/Armada Hauberk with 4+ STP and 2 DA, or possibly Shadow/Valkyrie Cuirass with +2~3 TA and a Rose Strap. However that crap is incredibly rare, even more so now with the HORRIBLE drop rate on HQHNM pop items, and no one doing Einherjar.
    input /equip ring1 "Rajas Ring";
    input /equip ear1 "Brutal Earring";
    input /equip feet "Rvg. Calligae +2";
    input /equip legs "Rvg. Cuisses +2";
    input /equip hands "Rvg. Mufflers +2";
    input /equip ear2 "Ravager's Earring";
    input /equip body "Rvg. Lorica +2";
    input /equip neck "Ravager's Gorget";
    input /equip sub "Claymore Grip";
    input /equip ammo "Ravager's Orb";
    input /equip ring2 "Blitz Ring";
    input /equip main "Ukonvasara";
    input /equip head "Zelus Tiara";
    input /equip waist "Goading Belt";
    input /equip back "Atheling Mantle";

~~~

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/201745 - Berserk Up WS inside Abyssea. Only real changes to be made would be legs, where perfect trophy pants (+2% WS damage, +3% Crit Rate) would be better. Ring of course is meh, but usable on three jobs, so +2 inventory.
    input /equip waist "Thunder Belt";
    input /equip neck "Thunder Gorget";
    input /equip back "Cavaros Mantle";
    input /equip ring2 "Spiral Ring";
    input /equip hands "Heafoc Mitts";
    input /equip body "Zahak's Mail";
    input /equip head "Ravager's Mask +2";

~~~

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/211166 - Berserk Down, again only upgrades are HQ Grim, Trophy legs, and Ring.
    input /equip waist "Thunder Belt";
    input /equip back "Atheling Mantle";
    input /equip ring2 "Spiral Ring";
    input /equip hands "Heafoc Mitts";
    input /equip body "Grim Cuirass";
    input /equip neck "Thunder Gorget";
    input /equip head "Ravager's Mask +2";

I don't have outside sets because let's face it, there's nothing out there. (Besides KS99 and Einherjar until my brain melts out).
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    For the record, Bier outparses all others zerk up/down, and elemental outparses zerk down, ravagers zerk up. Solid otherwise
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Rearden View Post
    For the record, Bier outparses all others zerk up/down, and elemental outparses zerk down, ravagers zerk up. Solid otherwise
    I neva knew, I'll probably test those out. Not too much time to play at the moment though.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I didn't either, but I played around with it while looking for a friend. Found some interesting things out about Blade: Hi as well
    (0)

Player
    Now with the latent discovered Rancor Collar is also a choice if you get your hands on one.
    (0)

Character
    Rearden
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Rancor adds about 160 to the WSDMG for the numbers I posted above, zerk up/down
    (0)

Character
    Aurara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    I hope you're not serious.

Twilight mail is not crap outside abyssea, depending on your target. If you can cap dDEX with the 5 more dex it has over zahak's, you'll be getting more crit rate than the 3% Zahak's gives. Most of the time though Zahak's will win, although you should be using Grim Cuirass if Berserk is down (unless you know you are already capped on attack, which you probably won't be).

If you are serious about Moonshade with regain, flame > keen then none of this will get through to you because you are stubborn or mentally challenged.
    Ok obviously you have 0 understanding of how war works, or Ukko's Fury for that matter. I confirmed what you said, and if you're fighting something like a voidwatch NM on war twilight body will win. However you are wrong about moonshade with regain and flame>keen ring. Blitz would be better, but i'm lazy and haven't bought it yet. Stop being ignorant bliz/rajas is best combo.

Ukon/Claymore/Ravager's orb
    Zelus/Rancor/Brutal/Moonshade
    Armadaberk with 6 STP/3DA/Af3+2/Rajas/Blitz
    Atheling/N.sash/Af3+2/Af3+2
    Best TP set for war, It's what i'm striving for. Stop with the name calling, because it's obvious you don't know everything you're talking about.

Edit:saving face i was wrong about flame>keen(or pyrosoul>keen for that matter) but i am right that blitz>all for TP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aurara; 07-04-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurara View Post
    Ok obviously you have 0 understanding of how war works, or Ukko's Fury for that matter. I confirmed what you said, and if you're fighting something like a voidwatch NM on war twilight body will win. However you are wrong about moonshade with regain and flame>keen ring. Blitz would be better, but i'm lazy and haven't bought it yet. Stop being ignorant bliz/rajas is best combo.

Ukon/Claymore/Ravager's orb
    Zelus/Rancor/Brutal/Moonshade
    Armadaberk with 6 STP/3DA/Af3+2/Rajas/Blitz
    Atheling/N.sash/Af3+2/Af3+2
    Best TP set for war, It's what i'm striving for. Stop with the name calling, because it's obvious you don't know everything you're talking about.

Edit:saving face i was wrong about flame>keen(or pyrosoul>keen for that matter) but i am right that blitz>all for TP.
    It's funny how you think I'm ignorant, but you still defend Moonshade Earring on a 6hit WAR. Check my sets above, I actually use Blitz. I was giving cheap upgrades from what you were using, not saying that Keen (or anything other than possibly Oneiros Ring if you have MP merits over 10, though that wouldn't be better at capped magic haste, but better under the effect of both hasso and Haste Samba) is ever better than .39% haste.

Still, Moonshade is QUITE bad unless it takes you from 7->6hit or 6->5hit. It's a good macro in piece if you have to back away from the mob, that's for sure. Worth having with regain if you main DD jobs, however for actual TP it's only useful if it changes your xhit.

That set you have posted is NOT best TP set for war.
    1: You're 1% over haste (27%)
    2: 3DA on Armada Hauberk is either so rare you might get one per server, or not possible.
    3: Lose N.Sash, get Goading Belt. Then there's no need to use Moonshade, as you will be comfortable in a 6hit. You lose 3~7 Attack (depending on your Moonshade Earring) from losing Ninurta's, however you gain 1% Double Attack (Ravager's Earring).
    4: Moonshade Earring is too unreliable, because you have a small chance that you won't get full TP feedback from Ukko's, and if you are hyped up on Marches+Haste+Haste Samba+Hasso, then you will occasionally only get 1~2 ticks from regain. The loss of an extra hit between 6~7 hits is actually pretty large, and you might as well lower your accuracy like 10%.
    5: Rancor Collar on TP is a toss up, because you lose 2% Double Attack leading to, albeit a small amount of, less WS's. The DPS may or may not be higher.

Otherwise it's a fine set. I would go for Adaman Hauberk with 4+STP and 2DA MINIMUM, or else not use it at all, but that piece is still out of the picture for me personally.

~~~

On another note, and without double posting, what do you guys think of this set:

Ukon90/Rose/Orb
    Zelus/Ravager's(or Rancor, depending on parses)/Ravager's Earring(Possibly Centaurus earring)/Brutal
    Valk. Breastplate(with 3% TA)/AF3+2/Oneiros/Rajas
    Atheling/Goading/AF3+2/AF3+2

Note: Requires 10 MP merits.

This set is still a 6 hit, however you lose(From the normal armada hauberk set) .39% Haste, 2~4% DA, 3%(Or gain 2% if you put on Rancor Collar instead of Ravager's Gorget considering TA will lower DA rate) Critical Rate, 13~15 DEX, 2 Accuracy for the gain of 5% TA, 10 Attack, 2 Regen. It's a lot to lose for 5% TA, but in perfect buff situations (Hasso+Haste Samba+Marches+Haste) I think it will out perform the common setup. Obviously it's a lot harder to obtain, since Haedan ABJ are much more expensive/harder to come by, and apparently 3% TA is very rare.

If I had access to it I'd try it out.
    (0)

Character
    Aurara
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/217122
    This is the set i'm aiming for, i was a bit wrong cause i wasn't going from memory. But this is hands down the best TP set for war. Moonshade earring is the best earring for this slot. Arguing it isn't is just plain silly. And as to your set, it probably won't out do the set i posted. I'm not here to call names, or destroy credibility. I'm saying what i know best, and i know this because my friend(this is what they use) math'd it out and this set is the best TP for war.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast