Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

Skillchain Adjustments [dev 1216]

I'd like to see some more transparency on the changes they made to Skillchain potency. I frequently use skillchains and my damage is now wildly inconsistent. Sometimes my Light skillchains will land for 4/5 of the original damage, and recently I had one hit for +60%. I have no skillchain modifying equipment or subjobs on.

It was mentioned in the update notes that there have been adjustments to Skillchain damage. I'd really like to see these adjustments detailed so that I can plan my chains around them.

Thank you!
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The reason that this is the case, as I recall, is based on mob elemental resistances. Since they no longer determine their ability to resist Skillchains in the old-fashioned way (50%, 25% etc resists) now they are used to determine damage. A mob with a higher resistance to a skillchain element will take reduced elemental damage, while a mob that is weak to that element will take boosted damage. I believe there was some review of this on BG somewhere, but I'd have to dig it up...

Either way, this may be the cause for the difference; do you remember what mobs the SCs varied on, and if it was consistent?

Edit: Found a little extra information and it is tied to species rather than straight-up elemental resistance, so threnodies and such won't buff your SC damage.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

3. 07-10-2014 02:29 PM