Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Copper ore to ingot, copper+zinc ore to brass ingot are both very good starter recipes and will make a good amount of money for a low level player. Look into farming silk thread from crawlers as well, they still sell well and for a decent amount.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Copper ore to ingot, copper+zinc ore to brass ingot are both very good starter recipes and will make a good amount of money for a low level player. Look into farming silk thread from crawlers as well, they still sell well and for a decent amount.
    Please understand I am ignorant to your terminology. When you write 'to ingot' and 'to brass ingot' does that mean I have to put them into a crystal to turn it into something? Also: I don't know where to get those items in the game. Can you tell me? If it's the auction house then I can not do it until I hunt more bees.

My playtime says 3 days and 7 hours (and that's not accurate because I left computer on overnight) I haven't explored everywhere yet and hunted all the different monsters. I'm trying to expose myself to as much as I can but this game is so HUGE that it is difficult even know some little things because I haven't discovered them, or nobody has taught me. I am very thankful for these forums in addition to the linkshell users. Without other people to help (directions to Jeuno are a *huge* help to me and so are all these good tips) this game would be overwhelming because it's so rich with things to do and it would take much much longer to make these discoveries independently. Sorry if all my questions are annoying and might seem silly, but I am trying to learn as much as possible from everyone so I help myself and teach others if I am able to.
    (0)
    I am "Super" on Leviathan.

Player
    Hey, I recently returned to the game with a fresh character and the way I'm making gil is farming goblin thugs for wild onions. You could farm them in gustaberg while farming bees or you could go to Outer Horutoto Ruins in E. Sarutabaruta which is packed with them. They sell for 15k a stack on your server and while they don't have the best drop rate it's a way to do some decent low level farming till you can take on the bigger stuff.

Also, you have to go to Jeuno to buy/sell for now. They do plan on merging the AHs since the starter towns are pretty empty.
    (0)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Go to your home town, talk to the people and get quests from the towns people, they psy gil for completeing them.
    (0)

Character
    Spero
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Do your town missions, some of them pay in gill or equipment, also for kills you get conquest points you can usr for equipment from gate npc.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamer View Post
    Please understand I am ignorant to your terminology. When you write 'to ingot' and 'to brass ingot' does that mean I have to put them into a crystal to turn it into something? Also: I don't know where to get those items in the game. Can you tell me? If it's the auction house then I can not do it until I hunt more bees.

My playtime says 3 days and 7 hours (and that's not accurate because I left computer on overnight) I haven't explored everywhere yet and hunted all the different monsters. I'm trying to expose myself to as much as I can but this game is so HUGE that it is difficult even know some little things because I haven't discovered them, or nobody has taught me. I am very thankful for these forums in addition to the linkshell users. Without other people to help (directions to Jeuno are a *huge* help to me and so are all these good tips) this game would be overwhelming because it's so rich with things to do and it would take much much longer to make these discoveries independently. Sorry if all my questions are annoying and might seem silly, but I am trying to learn as much as possible from everyone so I help myself and teach others if I am able to.
    Copper and zinc ore are common drops off low level worms. You can craft them into ingots:

Copper Ingot: 4x Copper Ore, Fire Crystal (Goldsmithing level 3 skill cap)
    Brass Ingot: 3x Copper Ore, 1x Zinc Ore, Fire Crystal (Goldsmithing level 9 cap)

If you do this I would do copper ingots until goldsmithing is at level 3, then work on brass ingots. FFXIclopedia is a vital resource for crafting recipes.
    (0)

Player
    Sell Crystals.. Wind crystals especially
    (0)

Character
    Rinzler
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 34
    Doing the missions might be a little tricky until high level, but once high level its very easy as its all uncapped now.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2