Memo found in Rala Waterways

I was doing a quest in rala waterways and stumbled upon a blank npc around M-10 to click on. (near the guard for the blocked off area)

It presents me with a password box that asks "What entity keeps the sacred city safe?".

I have tried a few guesses including:

Sajjaka
    Yggdrasil
    Ortharsyne
    Altana
    Hades
    JoriusYett
    Ygnas

And they were wrong. When you get a pass wrong, it teleports you out to east adoulin on top of a lamp post.

I see there is a key item called "Memo found in Rala Waterways", and it gives you a chart of letters. I copied them from bgwiki 'coz they had them written down:

k v s h o t
    A A B C D E F
    G G H --J K L
    J M ----P Q R
    W S T ----W X
    R Y ---------
    We------------

Someone pointed out that the first letters of the each row are the first letters of the orders of Adoulin corresponding to the Ministers & Grand Chancellor:
    Adoulin
    Gorney
    Janniston
    Woltaris
    Renaye
    Weatherspoon

The top letters of each column are the first letters of the orders of Adoulin corresponding to the Coalitions:
    karieyh
    vocane
    shneddick
    haverton
    orvail
    thurandaut

Has anyone figured out the password?
    (0)
    Last edited by radicaldreamer; 06-29-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    It's important to hold onto your dreams.. Even if it means staying half-asleep.
    -rd

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Not yet afaik. One thing to note if you're trying to crack this is that the answers must be entered in all caps. Towards the end of the thread you mentioned, there's a rather long list of answers that have been tried, but all have failed. There are also a number of temp KIs that were added for one of the new quests that contain ciphers for the chart you posted above.
    (1)

Looking over all the different sites trying to figure this out, and I see they've decoded some letters, that when unscrambled seem to spell out "DISAGREE".

The adoulin website that was recently updated, keeps mentioning that Melvien de Malecroix, a key character in adoulin, has been going back and forth into the library. So of course I went there, and I find a book in the history section, called "Colonization Decree". In there it shows who is for colonization and who opposes it. (who DISAGREEs with it).
    It says the following:
    <Leaders in Opposition to Colonization>
    ...The following page is creased in a peculiar manner.
    Hildebert
    Gratzigg
    Svenja
    Ikhi Askamot

So I believe the password has something to do with those names. I tried their initials and it didn't work.
    I wonder what peculiar manner it was creased in, or if it's just a thing to let you know "hey look here".
    (0)
    -rd

OK found on a Japanese forum, the answer is ERGISADE. Maybe it's a name for something that isn't in the story yet as far as I know.

You get 10,000 bayld for answering it, but if you didn't bring warp then you have to walk out of Rala Waterways 'coz the thing won't warp you anymore.
    (0)
    Last edited by radicaldreamer; 07-10-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    -rd

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by radicaldreamer View Post
    OK found on a Japanese forum, the answer is ERGISADE. Maybe it's a name for something that isn't in the story yet as far as I know.
    Best I can come up with is a mashup of Ergon and palisade.
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Looking over all the different sites trying to figure this out, and I see they've decoded some letters, that when unscrambled seem to spell out "DISAGREE".

You get 10,000 bayld for answering it, but if you didn't bring warp then you have to walk out of Rala Waterways 'coz the thing won't warp you anymore.
    Looks like you answered your own question right there. Rearrange those letters!
    (0)
    Last edited by Rosalie; 08-05-2014 at 01:28 AM.
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!