Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Rice balls, Are they used any more? Should the Devs add new ones or...

Alter the Effect on the Samurai Artifact hands at iLev 109 and 119 to aply to "sushi" instead? Or both?

If the boost to riceballs are no different than in the past. Then is there any point in keeping the effect "Enhances effect of Rice balls" on the reforged hands?

For years now I really have not seen many Samurai using riceballs. Mostly it's Sushi or some other meat or bun. Given that many are using the 109 or 119 Af hands now. Are any of the riceballs even relevant to anything in SoA for Samurai? If not then what would be the best way to get the devs to at least relook at the effect.

All i can think of is either adding new recipies or altering the existing effect to make them on par to the iLev of the Af like "Enh. effect of Rice balls II". Where it could add some amount of +Stp, +dmg or +acc to weapon skills to some or all rice balls.
    (0)

Character
    Nuance
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I personally would love some more input from any and all career SAM on this. The rice balls have been a SAM oriented thing for a long long time. And sadly none have ever been really worth using as you must have the corresponding gear on at all times to enable the bonus. With the introduction of wakido+3 I could see them being used in this fashion but still fall short ultimately. I would love to see more recipes for different types of rice balls that would make them a viable choice for use on Sam. Currently I use attack food or riverfin for everything I do now. Would absolutely be all for food that would be a go to food for Sam.
    (0)

Player
    Has anyone tested to see if the +2/+3 hands still gives the same effects as the +1?
    (0)
    “That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.”

Character
    Nailah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I wrote the following elsewhere:
    If I remember right, you will need to keep the item with the enhancements" equipped in order to recieve the additional effects of the rice ball. This has always been hard due to the fact that the wakido kote mostly was subpar in almost any given situation. But now, where it basically is the best TP item out there, it might hold some merit to keep a few rice balls on you.

The issue that arises yet again however is the fact, that normally you would WS in something else and hence lose the rice ball effect for weapons skills. Therefor it ultimately comes down to whether or not the boon of "greatly enhances rice balls" during the TP phase outweighs the loss of normal attack food (which would be active during WS and TP phase) or performing WS using the wakido wakido kote +3 for WS (which might not even be that bad if you really need acc).
    This post is written based on the fact, that the +2 hands do still have the SAME enhancement for riceballs, whereas the +3 version has "greatly" enhance the effect of riceballs, which simply means, that it counts the bonus twice.

Example:
    Ojo rice ball without enhancement gear:
    HP+50 DEX+5 VIT+5 CHR+5

Ojo riceball with enhance riceball effect:
    HP+50 DEX+5 VIT+5 CHR+5
    +60att +40def +2%TA

(so nice that they added food descriptions)

Ojo rice ball with 2 enhancing pieces of gear or +3 hands:
    HP+50 DEX+5 VIT+5 CHR+5
    +120att +80def +4%TA

Crazy option: Hands +3; Roshi jinpachi, Nobushi kyahan all at once:
    HP+50 DEX+5 VIT+5 CHR+5
    +240att +120def +8%TA
    That said, especially for AG Masamune users this might be a viable option while they have the aftermath for triple damage going on. Of course you will have to WS in the +3 piece however and potentially lose out on 5% WSD (if you have it) and the like or weaponskill without any impactful food boni. One situation rice balls certainly would be king now is, if you farm lowlevel content, where attack and accuracy are capped off anyway and you would only really benefit from multi attack food. I personally wouldn't waste food on lowlevel content though :-P

The same is true for all GKs but due to their lower TP phase damage, it becomes even less justifiable using the rice balls. Koga in particular will maybe get the least out of thoe rice balls, since you should be using AM3 already and therefor work with diminishing returns on multi attacks.
    (1)

anything that isn't lv119 will reduce your ilv and also reduce your dmg over all. in other words, it'll affect you overall stats against higher teir mobs and make you more suseptible to their attacks., if your gonna do it, it'd have to be the +3 alone, however since theres foods that give +180 att, this rice ball would mainly be used for triple attack and the +3's native acc and bonus acc from the set value. I heard a rumor that the +4 hasso from the +3 adds to str value, so it might end up compensating if its a +4% value increase.(Needs more testing pretty much)
    (0)

Character
    Nailah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Noted the word "crazy" in there? If not, I wanna point out its existance there and that by no means I am calling it an effective set of gear. I am merely giving food for thought with the most extreme possibility but everyone should know, that below level 75 equipment isn't exactly recommended for content classified as 119+.

That being said, the oh so important ilevel doesn't exactly matter outside of the stats the equipment itself has. Were I to wear a +20 str piece that is 115 and then a +20 str piece that is 119 nothing but the other stat vomit would change aside from it calling me 118 now. The level correction formula has been taken out for a while now. So I couldn't care less whether or not it reduced my ilvl or not. The stats I am missing from it simply being better gear are a different matter altogether though.

Lastly: No, that weird rumor is false. The only change the Hasso+ on any of the pieces cause is the haste value. Hasso yields Acc+10 STR+34 and variable haste depending on gear (for a level 99 SAM with full job points in Hasso).
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leylia View Post
    Noted the word "crazy" in there? If not, I wanna point out its existance there and that by no means I am calling it an effective set of gear. I am merely giving food for thought with the most extreme possibility but everyone should know, that below level 75 equipment isn't exactly recommended for content classified as 119+.

That being said, the oh so important ilevel doesn't exactly matter outside of the stats the equipment itself has. Were I to wear a +20 str piece that is 115 and then a +20 str piece that is 119 nothing but the other stat vomit would change aside from it calling me 118 now. The level correction formula has been taken out for a while now. So I couldn't care less whether or not it reduced my ilvl or not. The stats I am missing from it simply being better gear are a different matter altogether though.

Lastly: No, that weird rumor is false. The only change the Hasso+ on any of the pieces cause is the haste value. Hasso yields Acc+10 STR+34 and variable haste depending on gear (for a level 99 SAM with full job points in Hasso).
    Before there is any confusion, the level correction not being affected is only for Adoulin,legion,escha/reisei. (Which is pretty much all the current good content with the exception of endgame unity and high teir fights)
    ref: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/PDIF

Hasso + gear doesn't affect haste except for empy pants
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Wakido_Kote <--- testing done disproving haste from hasso on Wakido
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Kasuga_Haidate_%2B1 <-- this is empy pants
    (0)

Character
    Nailah
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I don't think you should rely on information over 4 years old. Just in case, I went ahead and "tested" the wakido kote +3 and its effect on hasso again. In order to do so I wailed on bedrock craigs with my shinai for 4 consecutive full hasso buffs aka 20minutes. Once with Wakido Kote +3 equipped and once without (using sakonji kote +1 with the exact same haste value). Gear haste in both cases has been 28% since no other piece of gear was changed in order to not make some whacky difference there causing the results to change. The results are as follows:

273 attacks performed in 225 attack rounds within 19minutes and 53 seconds (Sakonji Kote +1)

and

294 attacks performed in 242 attack rounds within 19minutes and 57 seconds (Wakido Kote +3)

So the "Hasso +4" from the Wakido kote +3 is most defenitly affecting the haste portion of hasso.

With this however, I am done talking about Hasso because it isn't relevant to the topic at hand, whether or not rice balls can still be useful in nowadays endgame. Especially with the str rumor debunked, even though I am not 100% sure where that even comes from and how it would affect rice ball performance in the first place^^

TLDR: for a career SAM opinion of rice balls, check my first non-derailed post
    (0)

Character
    Folken
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Songen View Post
    Before there is any confusion, the level correction not being affected is only for Adoulin,legion,escha/reisei. (Which is pretty much all the current good content with the exception of endgame unity and high teir fights)
    ref: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/PDIF
    Your average item level does NOT change your effective level for level correction. Anything pre-adoulin uses 99 as your level for the purposes of level correction.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Leylia View Post
    I don't think you should rely on information over 4 years old. Just in case, I went ahead and "tested" the wakido kote +3 and its effect on hasso again. In order to do so I wailed on bedrock craigs with my shinai for 4 consecutive full hasso buffs aka 20minutes. Once with Wakido Kote +3 equipped and once without (using sakonji kote +1 with the exact same haste value). Gear haste in both cases has been 28% since no other piece of gear was changed in order to not make some whacky difference there causing the results to change. The results are as follows:

273 attacks performed in 225 attack rounds within 19minutes and 53 seconds (Sakonji Kote +1)

and

294 attacks performed in 242 attack rounds within 19minutes and 57 seconds (Wakido Kote +3)

So the "Hasso +4" from the Wakido kote +3 is most defenitly affecting the haste portion of hasso.

With this however, I am done talking about Hasso because it isn't relevant to the topic at hand, whether or not rice balls can still be useful in nowadays endgame. Especially with the str rumor debunked, even though I am not 100% sure where that even comes from and how it would affect rice ball performance in the first place^^

TLDR: for a career SAM opinion of rice balls, check my first non-derailed post
    Your tests are incomplete, as it doesn't count for any variables that might amount, you have to compare to the non hasso swings, not on itselfs.
    That doesn't mean it doesn't have haste at all, however you need to take into account is a 7.5% increase, not a 4% as would the gloves suggest which means something else could have factored in such as trust haste or reive bonus's

Quote Originally Posted by Folken View Post
    Your average item level does NOT change your effective level for level correction. Anything pre-adoulin uses 99 as your level for the purposes of level correction.
    no idea where your getting anything pre-adoulin uses 99 as your base level, if that were the case you wouldn't beable to do any high teir fights solo at all due to the first set of levels start at 113 (Thats notorious monster 113, which is stronger than a normal mobs 113), it would be a 14 level difference, and some of the higher ones go into lv145 for unity fights, its hard enough to do sarama(lv135 NM stats) with lvl 119, i can't imagine the penalty if its from lv 99 (Even with the stats from gear it wouldn't prevent the massive dmg difference you'd experience)

Unity and high tier fights both use original areas, thats why they weren't affected with the escha/reisei/adoulin nerf
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast