Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Movement Speed on Tatsumaki Sitagoromo and Fajin Boots

The actual movement speed bonus received by wearing these items (Fajin Boots and Tatsumaki Sitagoromo with the appropriate augment) is less than advertised.

Tatsumaki Sitagoromo have +8% on their description, yet they only give a +6% movement speed bonus.

Fajin Boots have +18% on their description and only give +16%.

Not sure if this is a localization issue, since other languages have the same info on it, but it's still wrong. Other comparable items don't seem to be affected by the error. Both Trotter Boots and Hermes Sandals have an actual +12% effect, matching their description.
    (3)
    Last edited by Arcon; 06-27-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: I had +6% listed as the actual effect, but it was +16%
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Dev Team
    Good day, Arcon!

Thank you for your report.

With regard to the Fajin Boots, both the EN and JP help text state 18%, so this isn't a localization issue. I have, however, forwarded your report to the planner in charge, and I'll respond back as to whether the speed is wrong or the description is wrong.

For the Tatsumaki Shitagoromo, however, I'm not seeing any movement speed bonus in the description for either the JP or EN help texts. I'm assuming you are referring to the augment that can be placed on them. Either way, I have forwarded this to the same planner.

I'll keep you updated as soon as I hear more information.

Thank you!

Unelonborro
    EN Localization Team
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I made a minor edit, I had a typo above: the Fajin Boots give 16%, not 6% as I originally wrote.

And yes, I was referring to the specific augment for Tatsumaki Sitagoromo. Thank you for looking into it.
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Dev Team
    Good day, Arcon!

QA looked into this issue and discussed it with the planner. The conclusion is that the help text is correct, but the items in question were not providing the proper movement speed increases. This should be fixed now--I'm hoping it made it in time for July's patch, but if not, it should definitely be in for August.

For the curious, this bug occurred because not all items were properly updated when we increased base movement speed several patches prior.

Thank you, and Goddess-speed!

Unelonborro
    EN Localization Team
    (5)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Great to hear, thanks!
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯