Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Soooo.... apart from the general "we should get this because our other spells follow a pattern" rule, what reason is there for actually wanting this spell?
    (2)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Soooo.... apart from the general "we should get this because our other spells follow a pattern" rule, what reason is there for actually wanting this spell?
    I don't know what kind of answer you might want to hear, but I just enjoy casting light-based elemental spells as PLD. We've seen other elements increase (like Fire/Ice with Firaja, Blizzaja) and yes Holy 2 was added...but Banish kind of just stopped at 65.
    (2)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'd like PLD to get Banish III, not just because of spell progression which is part of it but they are Undead Killers. I'm kinda sad that's not emphasized more. They have a host of undead-killer JAs and augments to Holy II. I think it would be reasonable for them to get Banish III.

WHM should definitely get Banish IV and Banishga III. Since Banish III already lowers the special defense down to nil amounts, except on hounds where it actually deals more damage than normal with Banish III. Banish IV should do enough so that all weapons get a damage bonus for 60 seconds versus Undead. I think it would be pretty cool. Seems odd that Light Elemental can cast Banish IV already but WHM and/or PLD can't.
    (2)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Did as in past tense. Iirc the original dats for the scroll had rdm on it but by the time they raised the level cap high enough for rdm to learn it they changed it.

Anyways no reason they shouldn't get it. With af3 pants and agas and solace whm is firmly ahead regardless of cure V/VI
    I am a bit surprised RDM at the very least hasn't gotten Cure V myself. Considering the statement above.
    Sure wish we'd get some word back from the Dev.'s on this matter. Also, there should be more of a reason to use Banish spells to begin with.
    Not sure about you guys, but PLDs hardly have a purpose to even use them at this age of the game. If it comes down to a damage spike purpose, we all know Divine Emblem+Holy II would
    be the ideal combo. I personally do just that. I even carry a MAB build for just such an occasion.

Just a shame how the cooldown of Divine Emblem is set at 10 minutes. Sure would be wonderful at 5 minutes, but hey, we can't get everything we ask for I suppose, eh? ^^
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I can't even give you an answer to this question, but they were placed into our arsenal for a reason. However I see no purpose to any of the Banish spells really. I could at least vouch that I have tried time and time again to make a use for them, but to no avail. I would love to see a rework on the spells and perhaps a increase in potency of some sort. There are quite a few spells out there lacking in a rework. I want to say SMN spirits are a few, but those really are just there for that quick-ease of aggro and MP restoration.

I can only say that Holy and Holy II were always more of the go-to spells in the PLD and WHM arsenal for that decent damage spike. Especially if you run a MAB set for them. I like to do just that personally, but even then, it still makes it hardly worth it if the current endgame content is either 90% resistant to light or just extremely evasive to nuking magic. Doing all of those high-tier battlefields I notice the same exact problem. Enlight damage is greatly reduced on them, going no higher than maybe 10 or so damage on-hit.

So it comes down to more than just needing Banish III for PLD, it comes to needing rework on the spells themselves. That much is certain.
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I'd like PLD to get Banish III, not just because of spell progression which is part of it but they are Undead Killers. I'm kinda sad that's not emphasized more. They have a host of undead-killer JAs and augments to Holy II. I think it would be reasonable for them to get Banish III.

WHM should definitely get Banish IV and Banishga III. Since Banish III already lowers the special defense down to nil amounts, except on hounds where it actually deals more damage than normal with Banish III. Banish IV should do enough so that all weapons get a damage bonus for 60 seconds versus Undead. I think it would be pretty cool. Seems odd that Light Elemental can cast Banish IV already but WHM and/or PLD can't.
    I could not agree more with you. Banish spells and perhaps Holy spells too could use a bit of reworking. It just comes down to SquareEnix and their list of priorities though, which is a shame. Things like this will more than likely never see work anytime soon. Such is the sad life with much of the old content of the game, just a lot of recycling content now.. Sure would like to see work done to make Ballista a go-to event again for the sake of killing time and still getting a bit of something for your effort while also enjoying yourself in friendly competition again. Ah...the good old days are long gone though, the greatest moments of my FINAL FANTASY XI time were on the battlefield in a massive clash of player vs player. Good night, sweet prince: Ballista..
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwydion View Post
    I don't know what kind of answer you might want to hear, but I just enjoy casting light-based elemental spells as PLD. We've seen other elements increase (like Fire/Ice with Firaja, Blizzaja) and yes Holy 2 was added...but Banish kind of just stopped at 65.
    I think his point was he just doesn't see why any paladin would want banish 3. It would just waste a lot of our mp for mediocre damage.

Now where I would agree with you is if you ask them to give us Banishga or Diaga. Any Area spell that would allow us to quickly initiate threat over multiple monsters would be useful to me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-04-2015 at 03:27 AM.

Character
    Akivatoo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    maybe have Flash-ga is better thing to have than banish 3 ^^
    (4)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Akivatoo View Post
    maybe have Flash-ga is better thing to have than banish 3 ^^
    I would love to have Flashga.
    (2)

Player
    There's no reason NOT to give them Banish3 and there's a few reasons to give it to them Progression/Anti Undead, not that it has any real use, but yeah, put me in the Flashga yes please camp.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast