Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rendra
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Dragoon's Future as DD

Can we get some insight on Dragoon's future?... This job has always had issues trying to keep up with current DD's SAM, MNK, WAR and DRK. for 1, Drakesbane didn't even get a buff when some of the other Mythic WS's did... Which pushes DRG to the back even with Mythic Holders... The Dev's call it a pet job, but yet the pet doesn't put out the dmg SMN's or BST's put out. so there for it lacks in that department as well. This is one of my favorite jobs in the FF series and in this game it seems to be treated the worst for a DD job... when in fact in the other FF games this job was favored in that department.

I would like to see some new JA's maybe an attack type effect which increases DRG's attack power. similar to WAR's Berserk. splitting the Jump Timers like we were promised. Removing the Attack Penalty on Drakesbane.

There is so much that can be done to this job to bring it up to the standard DD's even if you decide not to increase the DMG of the DRG at least up the power of the Wyvern's normal hits and breath attacks to compensate for that lack of Damage that you're not giving the DRG.

I was hoping when Matsui took over and he had his Wyvern avatar that he would've favored DRG and brought it up to par... but I guess I was wrong D:
    (10)

Agreed.
    Like Martel mentioned in another post, we could REALLY use our Empyrean set reforged.
    Seeing SAM get a buff while no help for Drakesbane was sickening.
    I'm not sure whether to be hopeful for the promised pet job buffs that are coming.
    (0)

In case you missed this...

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

As an overarching theme for job adjustments we are planning to make attack adjustments to damage dealing jobs based on monk’s current attack capabilities.

One aspect of this overall adjustment plan was the skill chain and weapon skill enhancements that gave samurai more power.
    • Beastmaster, dragoon, and puppetmaster
      To give a rough overview of our plans for these three jobs, we’re planning to boost the combined damage over time capability of the master and pet so that it is greater than that of your standard damage dealer as there are certain costs associated with maintaining pets.

As such, the development team is looking into the following adjustments:
      • Implementation of higher-tier mochi
        By adding new mochi, a pet’s attack and accuracy will be supplemented further.

• Improvements to the power of special abilities
        Just as we increased the damage value of pet’s special abilities in the January version update, we’ll be making further adjustments to this again as we move forward.

The team has been assigning priority to the various job adjustment tasks at hand, so please stayed tuned for further details for each of these adjustments.
    This might mean that wyvern breaths will actually do some damage. Though progbably not, seeing as 90% of mobs around take significantly less breath damage in an attempt to prevent K Club DRKs from zerging everything down.

It would be nice to see all of these breath resistances gone now though. I mean, nothing worth zerging now could even be done with a K Club DRK due to the lack of ilvl on it, and therefore -242 skill so it would never be able to hit!

I think that if breath damage was raised to be on par with or at least ~50% of the DRG WS damage, it would be sufficient.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Actually, pretty much every NM/mob since a good while before Adoulin release has taken full breath dmg. It's pretty easy to tell with atonement.

However, just because they don't have breath damage taken%- doesn't mean they won't resist wyvern breaths into the ground. Which is largely what tends to happen.

Also, I've never seen anyone suggest that Souleater was breath dmg. Is there some testing on this you could link me to?
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I can't believe that drakesbane didn't receive a buff still. I mean that ws isn't that amazing unless you have a mythic right? Oh well, I hope Drg's get something cause they deserve it. Let's just have a larger wyvern that deals a crap load more damage. Then Drg could be considered a pet job...
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    I can't believe that drakesbane didn't receive a buff still. I mean that ws isn't that amazing unless you have a mythic right? Oh well, I hope Drg's get something cause they deserve it. Let's just have a larger wyvern that deals a crap load more damage. Then Drg could be considered a pet job...
    Probably the worst thing that could happen to DRG is to have to rely more on their pet for damage. We've all seen how that goes. The pet is precisely the reason why DRG is falling behind, just like other pet jobs. SE doesn't know how to balance pet jobs, so we get punished. Or the devs think pets are powerful, but they not (see:Knights of the Round comment for how out of touch the dev team is).

Anyway, not a DRG but I totally feel for you guys.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, poor drg.
    (1)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Another thing about DRG that sets it behind other 'pet' jobs;
    A wyvern can barely be used in most endgame due to AOEs. (If a wyvern is hit by even 1 or 2 powerful AOE moves, the Wyvern will die and you'd go without a wyvern for a long period of time.)
    (3)

OMG yes, I have repeated that over and over - we need a reduced Call Wyvern timer, stackable Dawn Mulsums, and stronger defense on the wyvern. Spirit Link and Steady Wing does not help.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Also, I've never seen anyone suggest that Souleater was breath dmg. Is there some testing on this you could link me to?
    Actually, I just couldn't fathom any other reason as to why so many mobs and especially NMs had so much breath damage mitigation. Assuming that it was due to the souleater nerf was the only thing that seemed to make sense to me.
    (0)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast