Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    An example of this is Empyrean gear. Currently the theory seems to be that Empyrean will be introduced after the level increase, thus allowing players to have Empyrean gear already at the new cap rather than having to upgrade it to 109, 119, then finally the new cap. The thing is it'd actually be better for SE to do it now and have us do that. It creates more content for 119, it allows them more content to later potentially recycle or at least to keep the players busy, and it by itself would be an update many players would participate in the content for without a doubt since Empyrean gear for almost every job would be amazing.
    The problem is that, as far as existing Empyrean gear, you could literally just slap iLevel 109 on the +2 set and call it done. (Trying to shoehorn some additional stat boosts in there is going to make it outclass pretty much everything else at 109 anyway, as well as some stuff up into the 113-115 range.)

So if they're adding in NQ/HQ reforged for Empyrean gear, there are two options that make sense:

* NQ is 113, HQ is 119; or
    * NQ is 115+, HQ is 120+.

The former... is even narrower in scope than any sidegrade introduced since iLevel (and, really, is narrower than a lot of sidegrades before iLevel), while the latter basically is "and now we have to add in +2 reforged AF/relic to maintain variety" (among other things).

I just wish SE would switch over to a system more like Skirmish's for upgrading all event items - you obtain a KI in the new event, you can turn it in along with a drop from an older event to get an upgraded version - because even though that means any intermediate upgrading gets lost, it keeps gear reasonably up to date.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Just a question of curiosity on if there's been any updates or new news on the empy!?

Yeah, My question is will we be getting any more news on whats going on with this thus far, Will we be hearing anything more on this anytime soon!? I wonder if anyones heard any more news on this happening and involvements in processes going on as well!? { Thanks!}
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It would be nice if there was! Dancer's new flourish recasts and buffs are nice and useful, but they would be nicer and more useful if we had 119 Empyrean head+bodies to go with them.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I know they had said a few times in a past they were hesitant to do any more "upgrade past equipment" things anymore, but I think with Empyrean Armor that should be an exception, and RUN/GEO still need those Empyrean sets we were teased for from that concept art.

I also would think it'd be kinda cool if they could make Pulse items outside of maybe one or two relevant again, but I'm sure most people would hate that because of how few people actually own those. I guess I just kinda liked looking at those.
    (0)

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

While I can't give you a specific implementation time at the moment, rest assured that Empyrean armor reforging is on the way!

Prob another event specific for 4-5 jobs in the game only.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    I sure hope not. That might be what is taking so long. I HOPE they realize that ALL JOBS really need empy armor. Would be nice if we could all participate in the event dropping the needed items. A new voidwatch would be nice, would simultaneously create more supply of cinders, dross and plates while also giving everyone the opportunity to participate.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    I'm hoping they stay with the current mechanism. I've been stockpiling rather than using my chapters in anticipation of this, especially for the bard set. As Olor said before not really any great JSE off AF or Relic for that job. and even the stat vomit as others call it is nice, because trying to perform at peak without 20 levels worth of that leaves us lacking, it doesn't add a lot but it does add to skills, so for example it might help me land Frazzle off brd/rdm without needing a threnody 1st on boss mobs, handy if you don't have a rdm main in the group and other casters have better things to do, like healing the tank.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    The problem is that, as far as existing Empyrean gear, you could literally just slap iLevel 109 on the +2 set and call it done.
    Not the Raider's, even the Eminent set outclasses it massively.

Then again THF-centric sets have never been good and I doubt that will change with the ilev 119 Raider's what with all the glorious evasion AGI and +steal/mug/larceny/treasure hunter they will most assuredly pile onto it at the expense of stats which are actually useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I'm hoping they stay with the current mechanism. I've been stockpiling rather than using my chapters in anticipation of this, especially for the bard set. As Olor said before not really any great JSE off AF or Relic for that job. and even the stat vomit as others call it is nice, because trying to perform at peak without 20 levels worth of that leaves us lacking, it doesn't add a lot but it does add to skills, so for example it might help me land Frazzle off brd/rdm without needing a threnody 1st on boss mobs, handy if you don't have a rdm main in the group and other casters have better things to do, like healing the tank.
    The thing that annoys me about ilev is that you are literally better off wearing statless ilev119 gear than non or lower ilev gear with good stats. ilev > anything else basically.
    (1)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 10-16-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

While I can't give you a specific implementation time at the moment, rest assured that Empyrean armor reforging is on the way!
    Bump, Almost 7 months since you've stated Empyrean armor reforging is on the way, Happen to have any new/up to date information on this?
    (4)

Character
    Allestra
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    would love to have this happen

Please add soon SE

many thanks ♥
    (0)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast