Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    The route SE is going is producing longevity for the game, whether you want to or even care to believe it, the effort going into trying to produce the amount of new content in a game like you want is not just unreasonable, but unrealistic (for this player-base). Although you say you are a veteran player, I am inclined to believe the opposite.
    Whatever floats your boat. And I am not expecting anything significant to come out of FFXI. Just not the recycle-fest that is happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    FFXI has always been about horizontal progression, and that hasn't changed.
    Yes, clearly I imagined the whole ilevel system when I overdosed on reality. Clearly horizontal progression hasn't changed....sorry, I stopped reading after this.
    (0)

They tried the disposable ilvl crap approach. It obviously didn't work well in XI.

So hopefully we will never see anything beyond ilvl 125. Otherwise might as well forget higher lvl content exists. If someone wants a retarded gear treadmill they can simply go play XIV, and it's cheaper too.
    (1)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Direct View Post
    No! Do you guys never get sick of living in the past and having rehashed content, and look what were getting next month another shadow lord fight, like we havent fought him enough times already.

I for one am sick of the old content been rehashed, lets move onwards with Adoulin and bring new content what we have never seen before.
    we are getting new content, and in your words "rehashed" content via hard mission battles. the hard mission battles have tough a unique touch to them and are very fun to do (for a while).

we got in one year:
    new content:
    skirmish 1.0
    WKR
    delve 1.0
    skirmish 2.0
    skirmish 3.0
    delve 2.0
    + a fuckton of zones
    Job points

we got in your words "rehashed" content that has total new mechanics and rewards:
    AA fights
    DM II
    Tenzen
    Ouryu
    Stellar fulcrum
    Cellestial nexus
    Gesho
    puppet in peril

I think its fairly balanced between new and your so called "rehashed" content that feels very new to me with the new mechanics.
    (5)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    On the one hand, you can definitely count the hard mode BCs as recycled content because we've done it all before. On the other hand, it's very likely something you only partook in once, maybe a couple of times to help people out. Even more so for newer players who were able to just steamroll through missions, it's definitely a new experience. Aside from that, fighting things at a level 75 cap is vastly different from fighting at a level 99 cap. Just as fighting something at level 25 is a vastly different experience. They're fun fights too, and almost all of them have unique and occasionally annoying mechanics and quirks.

My one complaint is that the gear is generally pretty ugly. The one cool piece that I'm glad made a comeback is the Kyudogi model. The ToAU reskinned gear in particular is very forgettable. In that sense, I'm pretty happy that AF and relic have made a comeback and I am hopeful that they modernize Empyrean gear sooner rather than later.
    (2)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    On the one hand, you can definitely count the hard mode BCs as recycled content because we've done it all before. On the other hand, it's very likely something you only partook in once, maybe a couple of times to help people out. Even more so for newer players who were able to just steamroll through missions, it's definitely a new experience. Aside from that, fighting things at a level 75 cap is vastly different from fighting at a level 99 cap. Just as fighting something at level 25 is a vastly different experience. They're fun fights too, and almost all of them have unique and occasionally annoying mechanics and quirks.

My one complaint is that the gear is generally pretty ugly. The one cool piece that I'm glad made a comeback is the Kyudogi model. The ToAU reskinned gear in particular is very forgettable. In that sense, I'm pretty happy that AF and relic have made a comeback and I am hopeful that they modernize Empyrean gear sooner rather than later.
    the hard mode mission battles are TOTALLY different form their mission battle counterpart. They gave the mobs new abilitys/WS in some cases, in other cases gave them different resist traits forms of mitgating dmg (puppet in peril that takes decent magical dmg but very very poor physical dmg). hell all the new AA battles got the SP2 and empy WSs at their disposal which gave the battles a total new spin.
    Tenzen isnt simple omg zerg him down until cosmic elucidation fight (that would auto-end the mission battle back then), but its a battle until death.
    Gesho is totally fun with all those shadowclone jutsu!
    and ouryu incorporates a total different way to bring him to land (proc the elementals and deal wind dmg to him immidiatly afterwards). There is more. Its not like they just raised the base stats of the mobs to match ilvl 119, they actually had to rewrite the whole script of the battle. The only thing that was reused for those battles was the zone/mob graphics the mechanics itself is totally new for each battle.

So i dont get why people say its "rehashed" content, when infact its just rehashed graphics only with new mechanics and battle/strategy, besides its not like the mission battles are only 3-4 months old, they are multiple YEARS old.

Compare that to FFXIV that gave out 3 different Primal battles out in 6 months for each of them: Normal, hard, extrem. THATS rehashed content.
    (5)
    Last edited by Damane; 06-28-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I was trying to explain that the fights were unique and had interesting mechanics but I forgot to mention that the fights themselves are indeed vastly different from the original missions battlefields, as you said.
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Not to mention people asked for re-done and harder mission fights (ESPECIALLY DM) for years. So, they were actually listening, go figure.
    (1)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    Not to mention people asked for re-done and harder mission fights (ESPECIALLY DM) for years. So, they were actually listening, go figure.
    Totally, I love this idea and I was one of the ones asking for it. Especially the mission battles you can't even repeat them if you want to unless someone else actually needs them. I always wanted another go at the shadowlord and now I can do it!
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They said "relic and empy reforged armors will not follow the same process as artifact reforged armors" a while back, before the relic reforged arrived. So that means we will get empy HQ eventually, they are maybe taking longer because of the set-bonuses and how you can work that at 109/119.
    I've spent so much time/money on the reforged AF/relic now that I'm not sure I would get empy reforged unless it was an exceptional piece. I think the Creed set might still get my attention though lol.
    (1)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Oh come on of course its rehashed content, we farmed af gear from 50-60 we farmed dynamis gear and now were farming it all again, what about if they ever take the ilevel cap to 140 are you going to cry and stamp your feet for af/relic ilevel 140 armor next time around ? When does it end.

The game is a complete bore fest right now, log on get merits go and do a bcnm fight, rinse and repeat.

What i really love the best however is all these people screaming for af/relic/empy gear to be 119, yet when relics first took a hit half the playerbase wanted them to die, funny now that everyone has the orginal af/relic armor they suddenly love this old gear rehashed crap.

To the person who mentioned Tenzen, he is a pure joke right now, outside buffs go in and he's dead on vd in under 5 minutes it's a compelte zerg just like how he used to be regardless if we actually kill him or not at the end of the fight it's just a zerg.

All i want is new content with new gear, none of this reforged armor we already spent time getting, new gear, new fights, brand new unseen unfought content.

Maybe i should shout/scream/cry beg like a cretin for my hnm gear to be ileved, 119 ebody/dalmy, go go hnm return.
    (1)
    Last edited by Direct; 06-28-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast