Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainehx View Post
    Before the update with the Relic/Af reforges both times the log in campaigns featured... guess what? Relic/Af/Items to upgrade to +1 and +2.

The last campaign gave +1 papers for empy gear... The current one gave empy +1 papers also......

I think its a safe bet well see the next 2 log in campaigns featuring the +2 items, and then the empy reforge update.
    This has been happening for.... I wanna say 8+ campaigns now. They've typically alternated +1s > +2s > +1s > +2s, with a few campaigns here and there that lacked them.
    (0)

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We wont see reforges for Empy armors until Run Geo get their equivalent armors. We jsut got mythic weapon equivalent so Hopefully its pretty soon. cant think of much gear thats between when we got the original mythic weapons and when we got the original empy (abyssea).

I jsut hope geos empy armor is that armor from the concept arts we saw where it was the classic blue robe with a blue hood.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Direct View Post
    No! Do you guys never get sick of living in the past and having rehashed content, and look what were getting next month another shadow lord fight, like we havent fought him enough times already.

I for one am sick of the old content been rehashed, lets move onwards with Adoulin and bring new content what we have never seen before.
    If Empyrean wasn't reforged my RDM would still be using Estoqueur's +2 for tons of Enhancing spells including the legs and cape in every single enhancing related set. Sorry, but yes I rather live in the past a few more months for that set to upgraded at very least. I'd rather live in the past long enough for items like Rajas/Tamas Ring to be upgraded and the ToAU Rings to be upgraded as well. There's a lot of things I'd love to see brought into today's game, rather than what would come in Adoulin which would surely not replace these things as full spiritual successors.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    If Empyrean wasn't reforged my RDM would still be using Estoqueur's +2 for tons of Enhancing spells including the legs and cape in every single enhancing related set. Sorry, but yes I rather live in the past a few more months for that set to upgraded at very least. I'd rather live in the past long enough for items like Rajas/Tamas Ring to be upgraded and the ToAU Rings to be upgraded as well. There's a lot of things I'd love to see brought into today's game, rather than what would come in Adoulin which would surely not replace these things as full spiritual successors.
    Instead of unique and distinctive RDM gear, wouldn't you prefer yet another Chasuble? Stop living in the past!
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Direct View Post
    No! Do you guys never get sick of living in the past and having rehashed content, and look what were getting next month another shadow lord fight, like we havent fought him enough times already.

I for one am sick of the old content been rehashed, lets move onwards with Adoulin and bring new content what we have never seen before.
    I've been saying this all along, too. If the current trend continues, getting Dynamis v3.0 and Neo-Neo Nyzul is not far-fetched. Then comes Legion v2.0 and Neo-Voidwatch, followed by Neo-Delve in a couple of years. After all, why spend time and money making new content when your playerbase's standards are so low they'll keep paying you to tamper with a few lines of code to recycle content from a decade ago?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName5786 View Post
    I've been saying this all along, too. If the current trend continues, getting Dynamis v3.0 and Neo-Neo Nyzul is not far-fetched. Then comes Legion v2.0 and Neo-Voidwatch, followed by Neo-Delve in a couple of years. After all, why spend time and money making new content when your playerbase's standards are so low they'll keep paying you to tamper with a few lines of code to recycle content from a decade ago?
    If it means that the items I love and spent time getting can continue to be useful, why not? Why would I want most of the game to be completely useless? Why would I want there to be only 1 or 2 events worth doing ever? That sucks. If you think that SE is going to add enough content to replace all that content in any kind of update, you're dreaming. I'm realistic about the age and the size of the playerbase of this game. When SE allows us to upgrade new armors it doesn't just create content to be done - it also gives players a reason to do existing content rather than having it sit there useless.

Like I hadn't done any AF quests after my first job - I was just focused on burning jobs up to max level so I could use them to play with my friends. Since it was mostly completely useless and anything that wasn't was just super-min-max-situational there was absolutely no reason to get any of it. Now, even if the gear isn't best in slot, it has high enough stats to be wearable. Now I have a reason to go back and get that armor and experience those storylines than SE spent a lot of time and resources creating. I don't see how that is a bad thing. Having really neat gear that reflects our job sitting in mog storage is stupid. I'm glad SE has upgraded it.

I'd personally like them to upgrade more. I think NNI and Salvage and VW and Meebles gear should all be upgradeable. That way there would be more reason to do those events.
    (6)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    If it means that the items I love and spent time getting can continue to be useful, why not? Why would I want most of the game to be completely useless? Why would I want there to be only 1 or 2 events worth doing ever? That sucks. If you think that SE is going to add enough content to replace all that content in any kind of update, you're dreaming. I'm realistic about the age and the size of the playerbase of this game. When SE allows us to upgrade new armors it doesn't just create content to be done - it also gives players a reason to do existing content rather than having it sit there useless.
    This has nothing to do with items. We can be as nostalgic as we want with the /lockstyle feature now, but wanting "items we love" to be useful forever is like thinking that your favorite food when you were 10 will still be your favorite when you are 30. It's not so much that I want most of the game to be useless, it's the fact that most of the game is useless. Anyone who has been to the [S]/Abyssea/ToAU/CoP zones or simply spent any time outside of Jeuno/Adoulin would know that Vana'diel is empty.

I'm very realistic about the age of the game, and I'm certainly not dreaming. They are charging us the same price as WoW and all of the other MMOs out there, so they need to provide the same quality of content. Adoulin is an expansion pack, so the content should be focused on Adoulin and expanding its story, not recycling everything from previous expansions. Change, that is, a departure from old content, is not a bad thing. To quote Winston Churchill (I know it's a bit much on a gaming forum): "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I'd personally like them to upgrade more. I think NNI and Salvage and VW and Meebles gear should all be upgradeable. That way there would be more reason to do those events.
    It took me about 1.5 years to get Orunmila's Torque, making several statics, waiting for the static's members to all be online at once, getting to Umagrhk after 1.5 months and then wiping, losing on rolls, etc. When I see that rare shout for Meebles now, I get flooded with a sense of dread. Let's just say some of us have done old content to shreds and don't look forward to repeating any of it, only this time with an ilevel attached. Don't even get me started on Salvage and Dyna.
    (2)
    Last edited by AppropriateName5786; 06-28-2014 at 03:28 AM. Reason: clarity

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AppropriateName5786 View Post
    This has nothing to do with items. We can be as nostalgic as we want with the /lockstyle feature now, but wanting "items we love" to be useful forever is like thinking that your favorite food when you were 10 will still be your favorite when you are 30. It's not so much that I want most of the game to be useless, it's the fact that most of the game is useless. Anyone who has been to the [S]/Abyssea/ToAU/CoP zones or simply spent any time outside of Jeuno/Adoulin would know that Vana'diel is empty.

I'm very realistic about the age of the game, and I'm certainly not dreaming. They are charging us the same price as WoW and all of the other MMOs out there, so they need to provide the same quality of content. Adoulin is an expansion pack, so the content should be focused on Adoulin and expanding its story, not recycling everything from previous expansions. Change, that is, a departure from old content, is not a bad thing. To quote Winston Churchill (I know it's a bit much on a gaming forum): "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often."

It took me about 1.5 years to get Orunmila's Torque, making several statics, waiting for the static's members to all be online at once, getting to Umagrhk after 1.5 months and then wiping, losing on rolls, etc. When I see that rare shout for Meebles now, I get flooded with a sense of dread. Let's just say some of us have done old content to shreds and don't look forward to repeating any of it, only this time with an ilevel attached. Don't even get me started on Salvage and Dyna.
    The route SE is going is producing longevity for the game, whether you want to or even care to believe it, the effort going into trying to produce the amount of new content in a game like you want is not just unreasonable, but unrealistic (for this player-base). Although you say you are a veteran player, I am inclined to believe the opposite. FFXI has always been about horizontal progression, and that hasn't changed. The content isn't just being "rehashed" because of laziness (even if it is, obviously it's working, you are still giving them your money even though you don't want it), but it allows them constantly keep with their horizontal progression. Now, they COULD make enough new content to keep the horizontal progression alive in new content, but like I said previously, its unrealistic. It also defeats from FFXIs idea of always making everything relevant, even in aby days, some of the "older" gear you would call it was relevant, in order for them to keep that sense of direction in play with the new system, they HAVE to rehash. Most people know this when they come and play FFXI.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Instead of unique and distinctive RDM gear, wouldn't you prefer yet another Chasuble? Stop living in the past!
    My want for old gear extends solely to that which has no replacement and will likely see no replacement elsewhere. The chances of a gear set being non-Empyrean and yet still giving enhanced Composure and enhancing magic duration is so unlikely it's not worth the risk.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I lol'd. XD

PS > Looking forward to wearing Reforged Empy armor, just not looking forward to the process of acquiring it. orz
    (2)
    Last edited by Raydeus; 06-28-2014 at 04:31 AM.
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast