Thread: Voidstones?

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Voidstones?

As anyone who regularly does VW knows, void stones are gone very quickly. (Natural regeneration of void stones isn't very much at all.)

Currently, 1 void dust on my server costs around 30k gil.

I think there should be other ways to increase your stock of voidstones.

I've thought of a few potential ways to increase void stone stock;
    • Purchasable with cruor
    • Increased rate of void stone regeneration (Maybe a system that if you're under a certain amount of stones, you regenerate them faster until you're at another amount)
    (3)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    i thought VwNM's had KI's to increase that rate.....
    (1)

Player
    you can get voidstones by trading in voiddust. these are purchasable for 2000 CP/IS/AN
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragomair View Post
    As anyone who regularly does VW knows, void stones are gone very quickly. (Natural regeneration of void stones isn't very much at all.)

Currently, 1 void dust on my server costs around 30k gil.

I think there should be other ways to increase your stock of voidstones.

• Purchasable with cruor
    • Increased rate of void stone regeneration (Maybe a system that if you're under a certain amount of stones, you regenerate them faster until you're at another amount)
    While I understand this idea I'd like to point out that the first option will probably never happen. SE has said in the past they will not give us the ability to buy dust with Cruor. The reason for this is actually quite sensical, by allowing players to buy dust with Cruor we'd be able to then use the dust for stones, which then would be used to fight VWNMs, which would then drop Cruor. It creates a perpetual cycle that allows players virtually unlimited stones as a result and thus could never be done without negating part of the point in Voidstones in the first place.

I admit there are some flaws in this logic, but it makes some reasonable amount of sense so I'll give them that and say this will probably never happen.
    (2)

Do a couple campaign battles.... get enough AN to fund a Voidwatch run. Really though 30K a voiddust isn't bad considering the time they take to farm up... only 28K on my server. Most people can make money faster doing other things (which is why most people who buy dust do, rather than farm the AN to buy them)

I think they could safely speed up the stone regeneration, but I'm doubtful it will happen. I think what Justin is saying is exactly the reason they won't let you buy them with cruor though.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Greetings,

Quote Originally Posted by Dragomair View Post
    Thanks for the ideas!

Adding a system like this would be a bit difficult; however, though the timing and ideas have not been completely finalized, we would like to look into adjustments to Voidwatch as well as the pace in which stones are replenished.
    (7)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

wow, I never cease to be amazed about the current dev team's interest in making the game more fun and accessible. Totally unexpected, but good news.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Thanks for the ideas!

Adding a system like this would be a bit difficult; however, though the timing and ideas have not been completely finalized, we would like to look into adjustments to Voidwatch as well as the pace in which stones are replenished.
    One fix might be to make void dust stackable and lower the cost in conquest points. It would certainly make them easier to use, and make them more affordable either on the auction house or from void watch officers. Perhaps they could be lowered to 200 points each.

Anything to revive old content and make it worthwhile is good in my book.
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Voiddust was made stackable last update. Just FYI.
    (1)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Making void dust stackable is a nice idea, but the exchange rate for CP/ISP/AN cannot be justified in today's economy. You would never farm campaign to trade AN for void dust to sell. From the opposite perspective, you would never pay more than say 20k per void dust to do VW. The exchange rate would have to be much more favorable than it is now in order for void dust to even be considered as a possible solution for this.

In reality, the core of the issue is that voidstone generation has to be improved. The generation of items and gear can only be justified because individual fights are very quick. It is generally accepted that when you join a group, you will be participating in 6 fights. Even under the best of circumstances, this is 3 days worth of voidstones. The only reason people are able to do VW is because the event was dead for quite some time and people were able to amass great quantities of voidstones that way. 4-hour regeneration is not unreasonable.
    (2)