Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    About the only room for questionable implementation is "do Geo-Haste and Indi-Haste stack". If they do, that's got potential. If they don't, well, that's fine (capping magic haste isn't that hard and it leaves room for a second buff) but obviously not ideal.

Based on the track record with Geo/Indi, though, they will stack.
    What track record are you referring to? Indis and Geos don't stack together. AFAIK, they never have, but I tested it back maybe 2-3 months after SoA launched, and just retested with MAB, Regen, Refresh, Malaise, and +stat, and just as before, none stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    I believe there has been enough confirmation to show +5 doesn't add +5% to all percent based geo spells so a little early to get too excited about increases....
    For sure, on Fury and Frailty it ends up being over a 6% further buff/reduction, Refresh is straight +5, Regen is +10, stats are something weird, I don't remember and haven't checked what their value was pre +5. I've long since forgotten how the tiers progressed, and neither of the Wikis ever had the information, just the caps. Assumed it was +5 tiers, but idk about that either. Regardless, don't you jinx my hopes of another capped haste option! ;O

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I imagine that seeing as GEO can only use 2 buffs/debuffs at once, that this is only even going to be useful if it caps magic haste on it's own....

... and I can't see it being 43% haste
    Good thing it only needs to be 28% then with bell/Ergon, to be able to cap magic haste with bubble + haste spell, just like Brd caps with relic 2x Marches + haste spell, assuming Geo-Haste is magical haste.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    What track record are you referring to? Indis and Geos don't stack together. AFAIK, they never have, but I tested it back maybe 2-3 months after SoA launched, and just retested with MAB, Regen, Refresh, Malaise, and +stat, and just as before, none stacked.
    I must have been remembering wrong, then (pretty much all of my screwing around on GEO was on the test server, and that was quite a while ago).

In that case, well, my considered opinion becomes "meh". Considering its level, it's probably the equivalent of Haste II (or slightly below) in potency.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MDenham View Post
    About the only room for questionable implementation is "do Geo-Haste and Indi-Haste stack". If they do, that's got potential. If they don't, well, that's fine (capping magic haste isn't that hard and it leaves room for a second buff) but obviously not ideal.

Based on the track record with Geo/Indi, though, they will stack.
    Silly. Geo/Indi do NOT stack. Tried Geo/Indi Refresh, GEO/Indi STR, etc. Only one icon appears and it only boosts your stats once. Pay attention to the icons on your status bar. When you receive a beneficial effect that is not Geomancy, it appears as "STR BOOST" (for example), or "Refresh". When you are given that same beneficial status effect through Geomancy, the description changes to "Due to Geomancy, you are receiving..." - In other words, Geomance is coded completely different from that of normal buffs and debuffs. However, the effects of Geomancy are not additive or multiplicative (You cannot use GEO-Refresh & Indi-Refresh" and expect to get both effects from both bubbles).

So basically, GEO/Indi haste will absolutely not stack together, as Camate mentioned above (although he missed the real question). The real question is, will GEO/Indi Haste stack with Vanilla Haste 1? According to my tests of currently buffs and debuffs, and the current trend of geomancy + enhancing/enfeebling magic, they absolutely will stack.

I think its important to remeber the coding on these spells. GEO/Indi spells appear as "Geomancy". Corsair buffs appear as "Rolls". Bard buffs appear as "Song", and Enhancing Magic simply appears as the buff icon. So really, as long as you are using two or more different kinds of magic or abilities, the effects are indeed additive.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Good thing it only needs to be 28% then with bell/Ergon, to be able to cap magic haste with bubble + haste spell, just like Brd caps with relic 2x Marches + haste spell, assuming Geo-Haste is magical haste.
    That's not 'On it's own'.

Completely removing the need for keeping haste on everyone would make this useful. Otherwise, it's not. Especially when you consider all the limitations that it has with range etc.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    That's not 'On it's own'.

Completely removing the need for keeping haste on everyone would make this useful. Otherwise, it's not. Especially when you consider all the limitations that it has with range etc.
    Are we really back to mages that are too lazy/dumb to Haste? It's such a standard buff at this point, hell, it's always been a standard buff. Calling Geo's Haste useless unless it caps magical Haste on it's own without Haste is moronic. Your posts usually carry a bit more insight than that. Can agree with the limitations of the bubble, but that's more a design flaw of the job (which they've actively worked on), and if you do indeed need Idris to cap out magical haste, than -75% DT will go a good ways further to making that much less of an issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Malithar; 07-02-2014 at 10:40 PM.

Player
    They haven't yet touched the "limitations of the bubble" in regards to Indicolure and Geocolure distance. Its still like 6' or something insanely small. Yeah, I know about WCompass, but, shouldn't that ability be on like a 5min timer and give GEO a different SP2? Or how about a Ring or piece of equipment that increases the range of Geomancy, similar to Luzaf's ring. I don't know how many times I am going to say this, but it needs to be improved a bit.
    (3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2