Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

[dev1217] WHM Refresh

It's great that you guys have finally listened to the fans and added a Haste II to the game.

When are you going to give WHM a natural form of Refresh!?

That's more needed than Haste II. Without armor or subjobs, how do WHM recover magic? Every single mage job has some form of refresh. What do WHM have?

Nothing.

But, you know, I'm glad to see you guys at SE still favor RDM so heavily.
    (0)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    But, you know, I'm glad to see you guys at SE still favor RDM so heavily.
    I know you are salty, but this is the most nonsensical statement I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, I do think WHM should've gotten Haste II as well, because RDM needs way more than that to be functional in parties.

RDM favored heavily, hehehe... just... no.
    (2)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    I know you are salty, but this is the most nonsensical statement I've seen in a long time.

Anyway, I do think WHM should've gotten Haste II as well, because RDM needs way more than that to be functional in parties.

After playing for 10 years, I'm still sore that they love to improve RDM over WHM. That's the favoritism I'm referring to. I'm not talking about making RDM a soloable job. But they have more spells at their disposal than they really should. Runefencer is the counterpart to RDM and they have maybe, half the spells of RDM? Let's see, 38 spells compared to... 114
    (0)
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Red Mage? Favoritism? I'll repeat Raydeus' sentiment. LOL... just... no. Almost everything White Magic related added to Red Mage (sans merits and enspells) has been added to White Mage thus far. And they are still getting Tier 1 versions via Red Mage subjob.

White Mage doesn't need any native MP restoration in my opinion. Orison Pantaloons +2 is White Mage's bread and butter. With a great potency/healing/MND set (varying amounts based on cure, cura, or curaga), a lot of their cures for party maintenance are practically free. At the least every White Mage should be switching to an idle set after every cast. And Wayfarer's Robe Set adds Refresh+3, so every WHM should have that at bare minimum to recover while they can't rest. Veteran White Mages idle in Refresh+7 or higher.

With support job MP assistance from Refresh (RDM), Sublimation (SCH), and if possible to gain TP has some of the best MP recovery WS selections between Spirit Taker, Mystic Boon and Dagan. Also White Mage, unlike DD's and tanks aren't required to eat food, support pets, buy ammo/tools, etc. So you can drop some money on coalition ethers, vile elixirs, etc.

The only MP restoration I could see be natively added to White Mage is changing it so you can use Devotion on yourself. Anything else would just make White Mage more than a powerhouse it already is with all of the ridiculous amount of tools it has so far. The job has to have some disadvantage somewhere.

Rune Fencer is also not the counterpart to Red Mage. It is a tank created a decade after Red Mage with no similar job roles. To say it's a counterpart and compare their spell list, denotes they have similar functions. It's like saying White Mage is the counterpart to Paladin.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    My WHM gets 2 MP per tic Refresh from Theophany Briault +2. Not to mention what I recover from Orison Pantaloons +2 like Rwolf said.
    (1)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Wow, you guys can get refresh from armor!? That's so amazing. Except for the part where I said, "no NATURAL form of refresh." That means, without the aid of armor, weapons, or a sub job. I'm pretty sure I said that.

And I should have chose my words better for Runefencer. It's the magical defense version of a Paladin, with similar Red Mage fighting skills thrown in, but Great Sword instead of sword and shield.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wolfe; 06-24-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Wow, you guys can get refresh from armor!? That's so amazing. Except for the part where I said, "no NATURAL form of refresh." That means, without the aid of armor, weapons, or a sub job. I'm pretty sure I said that.
    Just because you said it doesn't mean that it's actually needed. Don't really get why you're ignoring both armor and subjobs, they all play a major role in how a job performs. Just because it lacks a natural form of something doesn't suddenly mean it's incapable of doing it's intended roll. And as is, Whm does it better than anyone else, by far.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    This.

What could any WHM possibly be sore about? WHM is one of the few jobs that is pretty much a requirement for almost all content. WHM isn't receiving spells because it doesn't need any. Perhaps the OP is in a time loop and is stuck in ToAU colibiri merit parties. That is the only possible way he/she could think RDM is favored heavily.

More than half the jobs in this game require serious attention in order to restore some semblance of balance in this game. WHM is not one of them.

And as others have pointed out, WHM doesn't need Refresh. Between gear (and no, you cannot discount gear) and support jobs you are bound to be playing with, you really should not have MP issues if you are doing your job well.
    (1)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

And I should have chose my words better for Runefencer. It's the magical defense version of a Paladin, with similar Red Mage fighting skills thrown in, but Great Sword instead of sword and shield.
    Oh crap. Nobody ever told me that gear was integral to improving your performance!

WHM don't need inherent refresh. We get Cure V, Cure VI, Curaga, stat curing spells, Arise, and Afflatus Solace. We've been at the top of the heap for so long. Stop being petty and let the rest of the mage jobs have a shot. Or sub Red Mage. That's what subjobs are for; to augment you and give abilities you don't naturally get.
    (0)

Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Geo-Haste - Gildrein / Camate?? Stacking??

Since Geo Spells can not be resisted by monsters, and the effects stack with none geo spells of the same effect, I would hope that the geo form haste effect can like-wise stack and even go over the standard haste cap when stacked. Is this the case Gildrien / Camate?

Bumped to its own tread.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raging_Oracle; 06-24-2014 at 08:23 PM.