Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

Haste II and SMN

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...940#post512940

So Puppetmaster is getting Haste II made available to them, but why not Summoner in some way? Garuda's Hastega has now been rendered absolete; a nerf to our usefulness in parties. A lot of our buffs are already falling behind in power and not being updated, but adding another to the list isn't helping.

I'm surprised SE thought about Puppetmaster, but didn't make any changes for Summoner. The only thing that gives me hope is this, which probably doesn't even mean too much for us:

On another note, though I can’t get into too much detail at the moment, we are planning to make adjustments for the abilities that are performed by beastmaster pets, automatons, wyverns, and avatars.
    I figured Haste II was gonna be a Red Mage only thing and that's how it should be, but if PUP is gonna get it, why doesn't SMN? We aren't in much of a different situation. I understand that this is intended to be a buff to RDM usefulness, and while we may not deserve to get the power of Haste II, this does hurt us indirectly quite badly. :\
    (3)
    Last edited by Crevox; 06-23-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I doubt pup will get invited for their haste 2 effects, but I wouldn't mind seeing SMN receive some new avatar abilities. Something that would debuff mobs. I really like the accuracy of SMN's debuffs now so some more would be really neat.
    (0)

The update to PUP surprised the hell out of me too, but it wont make much of a difference since Stormwaker head only casts on the master. More haste on ourselves still wont get us invites. 90% of the time I use Sharpshot anyway, since it can function well without constant maneuver spam for mp and what not.
    I haven't played SMN in long while, but I agree that Garuda should get this buff too.
    And I hope that quote in the OP's post does mean some good changes for all pets are coming.
    (1)

I'm not too worried.

So we're not getting "the best haste", we're still the only job that can AoE it and its duration is only second to Scholar.
    That said, Haste is not our only utility and summoners are actually used for several endgame events.
    (0)

BLU seems to be getting it as well. No details on whether it will be the same potency or not, but they're certainly getting a haste that is more potent than 15%
    (0)

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I'm not too worried.

So we're not getting "the best haste", we're still the only job that can AoE it and its duration is only second to Scholar.
    That said, Haste is not our only utility and summoners are actually used for several endgame events.
    Both bard and corsair have AOE haste/weapon delay- abilities.
    Our buffs have pretty much stopped scaling well before 75 in strength, or never scaled at all beyond the middling output they started with.
    It's literally as if the entire job is living off of bloodpacts from the level 75 cap era, and the damage gap just got massive again due to the increase in WS output.

As is, as a nirvana smn with capped skill, -bp/-bpII, +bp damage and the like, i cannot keep pace with the damage, speed or buffs of (almost) any other job in the game geared at the same tier as me.
    (1)

I don't disagree with the scaling part, but Haste(ga) still stacks with Marches and other melee speed increasing buffs.
    (Although you will have to tell me which Corsair roll increases attack speed because I can't find it.)

Apart from that, I have never seen Summoner as a fully fledged DD job nor a full buffing/support role.
    Our strength lies not in one single role, but versatility and adaptability.

We can heal, we can buff, we can debuff, we can deal damage with minimal enmity gain and we can do crowd control.
    Sure, some of our buffing Blood pact can surely use a boost, but even if they are not getting one this update a few spells given to other jobs aren't going to change other things we still excell at.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 06-24-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    I don't disagree with the scaling part, but Haste(ga) still stacks with Marches and other melee speed increasing buffs.
    (Although you will have to tell me which Corsair roll increases attack speed because I can't find it.)

Apart from that, I have never seen Summoner as a fully fledged DD job nor a full buffing/support role.
    Our strength lies not in one single role, but versatility and adaptability.

We can heal, we can buff, we can debuff, we can deal damage with minimal enmity gain and we can do crowd control.
    Sure, some of our buffing Blood pact can surely use a boost, but even if they are not getting one this update a few spells given to other jobs aren't going to change other things we still excell at.
    Blitzer's roll.

And aside from healing, a corsair can buff, debuff, and do crowd control... All the while dancing circles around our buffs, our damage output, and can even parse at the top of DD. A comparative cor to me would have mythic, the +5 ring and the like.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Enjoy Camate's post today. :P Guess they're going to spread Haste II as widely as they can to try and combat the reliance on Brd for capping magic haste. Geo, Smn, Rdm, maybe even Blu (10 min duration on Erratic to hold out til Diffusion CD? Nahhhh....) are looking to be able to supply alternative forms of magic haste.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    Blitzer's roll.
    Thanks, I overlooked that one. But I can't remember the last time we used that over other options either.

That said, Corsair's crowd control capabilities cannot be compared to ours.
    They only have Light shot at their disposal for that, we can move an entire swarm of adds off of a pull and make the critters forget that they were even chasing someone.
    Sleepers will have to babysit the slept adds to prevent being eaten while we do one AoE, seperate the adds from the main baddy, release avatar and walk away.

As for DD capabilities, no offense but Summoner has never been a top DD, ever.
    Our capability in that lies, as I have mentioned before, in doing it with minimal enmity generated towards the player.

That said, while I am not in disagreement that some of our buffs could use some scaling, what are you so afraid of?
    Not being needed? Well, Summoner's always been like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Enjoy Camate's post today. :P Guess they're going to spread Haste II as widely as they can to try and combat the reliance on Brd for capping magic haste. Geo, Smn, Rdm, maybe even Blu (10 min duration on Erratic to hold out til Diffusion CD? Nahhhh....) are looking to be able to supply alternative forms of magic haste.
    Might I inquire where he said this?
    None of today's (English) DEV posts by Camate appear to be mentioning Summoner anywhere.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 06-24-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast