Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dated Jug pets

Character
    Shadowsong
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    LOL at sheep > lucky, but I guess Im the only one who actually parses, don't mind me
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina
    ...your letting your dislike for this mini game prob alot of ppl find fun cloud what you really should be saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosina
    I type like I talk

Player
    Good for you^^

But I would prefer a fast attacking jug with berserk as opposed to a rabbit without one. If the coeurl had frenzied rage and pounce, coeurl > rabbit as well. Lynx also attack rather fast.

Also, if a new Lucerewe sheep is introduced in its' native form; he will blow droopy out of the water.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 06-24-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
    LOL at sheep > lucky, but I guess Im the only one who actually parses, don't mind me
    The only way a rabbit ever beat a sheep is

A) it has wild ginseng as a viable ready move. (I.E. able to be full timed, not 1 min duration and 3 charges.)

B) You're using unleash, where Foot kick takes 0.5 seconds to use and Lamb chop takes 1.5 seconds to use, resulting in 3 times as many foot kicks as lamb chops.

C) You're using whirl claws to AoE kill dozens of Too Weaks at once.

Other than that, Sheep and Rabbits have almost identical base damage, delay, attack, and accuracy so the one with berserk beats the one without. Tack a lot more max hp onto the sheep and an AoE sleep, and I'd take a sheep any day.

They would both lose horribly to 119 Hobbs though. Why use a ready move to get 25% more attack when you could just have 50% bonus attack all the time.
    (1)
    Last edited by Louispv; 06-24-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post513076

Guess ill shut up now XD, lol.......

Hopefully those sheep are in their native form, but anyway, those adjustments were way beyond my expectations; bravo^^
    We can hope. I just think SE thinks we are more powerful than we actually are already... and talking about boosting ready moves does not inspire hope. Like, sure, it would be great if they were more powerful but they are on a REALLY LONG timer and therefore even if they did 20K damage they still would be lacklustre because charges take forever. If they want pet weaponskills to bring us closer to other DD they need to get rid of the timer/charges and just let us hit pet WS whenever they have TP. I'd even be ok if different ready moves had different TP costs (show us the TP bar please)

And unless they make it so pets take much less damage from AOE/resist more AOE debuffs it won't matter how powerful we are with our pet because our pets will be dead before half the battle is over because they can't be cured effectively. That could be helped by some kind of item that removes multiple debuffs that doesn't use the ready timer... but then again we would be losing so much DPS by having to dick around with items etc...

I am hopeful because they say they are going to make the base DD of BST/PUP/DRG higher than other DD but I don't know that they know what needs to be done to make that happen. There is just so much wrong with BST in particular that they really need to overhaul it to make that happen.

Like, we definitely need WS that can compete. None of my axe WS come anywhere close to dishing out 15 - 20K damage...
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 06-25-2014 at 02:05 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Yeah ... I know we have things like Repair, Reward, Steady Wing, Dawn Mulsums, gear that enhances debuff removal, whatever, but Olor says it best that we're just dicking around with items and constant JA spam, making us fail the almighty parsing war.
    Hell, it'd be great if Curaga and Divine Waltz could hit the pet in a party situation. Or else as was said, pets need way better protection from AOE.
    (2)

Player
    ^^I agree with you two.

Honestly, I do believe that SE thinks we are more powerful than we truly are. For instance, us players see this http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Scissorleg_Xerin. SE sees this http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Supernal_Chapuli.

At lower lvls, the sheep could dish out strong ready moves; the majority of the time, it scaled higher than mine on tougher crap (personal experience). Perhaps they will allow just pet ready moves to out-do the master's on occasions? "Shrugs"
    (0)

Player
    Bumping, due to a recent dev response regarding the pet lvl cap (Did not want to make a new thread since this idea is quite similar to the OP).

Well, it appears that the level cap will not be lifted; my OP went unheard, however, I will be persistent.

SE, can we have updated versions, (perhaps HQ of our dated guys)? Ppl (Including myself) keep stating how bad our pets are, but honestly (Srry to say), you guys (SE) makes them bad. For instance: here is a rundown of our released guys and what they should/could have been.

-Sheep (Ram: Ram Charge, Rage, Rumble, Petribreathe)

-Mandragora (Pachypodium: Head Butt, Petal Piroulette, Wild Oats, Scream, Leaf Dagger, Photosynthesis, Petalback Spin)

-Tiger (Similidon: Roar, Razor fang, Crossthrash, Disorienting Waul, Predatory Glare, Claw Cyclone),

-Lizard (Ashen: Snowball, Secretion, Plague Breathe, Infrasonics, Brain Crush, Blockhead, Baleful Gaze)

-Fly (Vermillion: Venom, Cursed Sprhere, Somersault, Debilitating Drone)

-Beetle (Gambodge: Power attack, Spoil , rhino Guard, rhino Attack, Rhino Wrecker),

-Antilion (Formiceros: Quake Blast, Sandblast, Mandibular Bite, Venom Spray)

-Crab (Porter: Venom Shower, Metallic Body, Scissor Guard, Big Scissors, Megascissors, Bubble Curtain, Bubble Shower)

-Diremite (Arundimite: Double Claw, Grapple, Filamented Hold, Spinning Top, Viscid Secretion)

-Sabotender (Florido: needle Shot, Photosynthesis, 2,000 Needles, 4,000 Needles, Chupa Blossom)

-Coeurl (Lynx: Frenzied Rage, Pounce, Chaotic Eye, Blaster, Petrifactive Breathe, Charged Whisker, Preternatural Gleam)

-Raptor (Vermillion: Ripper Fang, Chomp Rush, Scythe Tail, Foul Breathe, Thunder Breathe, Whirling Inferno)

-Lady Bug (Gold: Nepenthean Hum, Spiral Burst, Searing Effulgence, Sudden Lunge, Noisome Powder, Spiral Spin)

-Apakallu (Inguza: Yawn, Frigid Shuffle, Wing Slap, Wing Whirl, White Out)

-Leech (Obdella: Sand Breathe, Acid Mist, Regeneration, Drain Kiss, Suction, Random Kiss, Drain Kiss, TP Kiss, Brain Drain, Absorbing Kiss, Caliginosity)

-Hippgryph (Back Heel, Fantod, Choke Bretahe Nihility Song, Jettura, Hoof Volley-can proc after a special attack, like most hippos do)

-Slug (Corrosive Ooze, Fuscous Ooze, Purulent Ooze, Mucilaginous Ooze),

-Adamantoise ( Ferromantoise: Head Butt, Turle Stomp, Harden Shell, Tortoise Song, Earth Breathe, Aqua Breathe, Testudo Tremor)

-Chapuli (Nature's Mediation, Sanguinary Slash, Sensilla Blades, Tegmina Buffet). Perhaps, just add a few moves to him?

Not so crappy huh? Nope, I say pretty damn good. The aforementioned moves are in monstrosity, hence are implementable for players/not broken/overpowered.

Whats the concept behind releasing new pets, when the batches from 2003-2014 were flawed/screwed up? These old guys are not bad, in theory. Is it possible to add hq or updated versions of these guys? It is a total shame, so many pets with so much potential are rendered useless due to the level cap and move removal. Would it be too much work to re-release these guys? If the we got the aforementioned jugs, there will be no need to release new jugs every few months; bst will be set until the next ilvl cap.

SE, is this an option? We could just use the old mats to hq these through synergy or a said crafting skill perhaps? I can't be the only bst whom misses that big @$$ turtle and the awesome beetle whom would solo avatars pre-lvl cap. Their alternate species would be sweet imo^^

Is there a possibility SE? Ideally, the cap would be lifted and we will have updated pets. Many of the capped guys' alternate skins are more efficient than their old counterparts, hence need an update anyway (Sabotender, beetle, turtle, raptor, etc) and some were just stripped beyond comprehension.
    (1)
    Last edited by WoW; 07-16-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Character
    Engelmond
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 17
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    SE, can we have updated versions, (perhaps HQ of our dated guys)? Ppl (Including myself) keep stating how bad our pets are, but honestly (Srry to say), you guys (SE) makes them bad. For instance: here is a rundown of our released guys and what they should/could have been.

-Sheep (Ram: Ram Charge, Rage, Rumble, Petribreathe)

-Mandragora (Pachypodium: Head Butt, Petal Piroulette, Wild Oats, Scream, Leaf Dagger, Photosynthesis, Petalback Spin)

-Tiger (Similidon: Roar, Razor fang, Crossthrash, Disorienting Waul, Predatory Glare, Claw Cyclone),

-Lizard (Ashen: Snowball, Secretion, Plague Breathe, Infrasonics, Brain Crush, Blockhead, Baleful Gaze)

-Fly (Vermillion: Venom, Cursed Sprhere, Somersault, Debilitating Drone)

-Beetle (Gambodge: Power attack, Spoil , rhino Guard, rhino Attack, Rhino Wrecker),

-Antilion (Formiceros: Quake Blast, Sandblast, Mandibular Bite, Venom Spray)

-Crab (Porter: Venom Shower, Metallic Body, Scissor Guard, Big Scissors, Megascissors, Bubble Curtain, Bubble Shower)

-Diremite (Arundimite: Double Claw, Grapple, Filamented Hold, Spinning Top, Viscid Secretion)

-Sabotender (Florido: needle Shot, Photosynthesis, 2,000 Needles, 4,000 Needles, Chupa Blossom)

-Coeurl (Lynx: Frenzied Rage, Pounce, Chaotic Eye, Blaster, Petrifactive Breathe, Charged Whisker, Preternatural Gleam)

-Raptor (Vermillion: Ripper Fang, Chomp Rush, Scythe Tail, Foul Breathe, Thunder Breathe, Whirling Inferno)

-Lady Bug (Gold: Nepenthean Hum, Spiral Burst, Searing Effulgence, Sudden Lunge, Noisome Powder, Spiral Spin)

-Apakallu (Inguza: Yawn, Frigid Shuffle, Wing Slap, Wing Whirl, White Out)

-Leech (Obdella: Sand Breathe, Acid Mist, Regeneration, Drain Kiss, Suction, Random Kiss, Drain Kiss, TP Kiss, Brain Drain, Absorbing Kiss, Caliginosity)

-Hippgryph (Back Heel, Fantod, Choke Bretahe Nihility Song, Jettura, Hoof Volley-can proc after a special attack, like most hippos do)

-Slug (Corrosive Ooze, Fuscous Ooze, Purulent Ooze, Mucilaginous Ooze),

-Adamantoise ( Ferromantoise: Head Butt, Turle Stomp, Harden Shell, Tortoise Song, Earth Breathe, Aqua Breathe, Testudo Tremor)

-Chapuli (Nature's Mediation, Sanguinary Slash, Sensilla Blades, Tegmina Buffet). Perhaps, just add a few moves to him?
    This would be enjoyable, but the likely scenario is just a HQ name, Lv119 and slightly higher HP and Defense, like the other recent HQs. Better than total abandonment, I suppose.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardus View Post
    This would be enjoyable, but the likely scenario is just a HQ name, Lv119 and slightly higher HP and Defense, like the other recent HQs. Better than total abandonment, I suppose.
    That was my thinking as-well^^

Ideally, the cap would be lifted, but this may be the next best thing.

Bst want to use the old guys, we don't care about the new guys, bst wants the older jugs back; that is the entire point of the jug cap removal. Some were thfs and others had potential to be special. At the same time, we want the experience to be enjoyable, adding these moves to hq versions of our old guys will help bst out immensely. This way, bst affinity merits and gear will be unaffected. Our older guys would need to be updated anyway; Amigo , panzer, crafty, all crabs, all flies, all mandies, Dapper, and Sieghard. A few of these guys have a dated ability list and several were hit hard with the move removal, hence will still remain unused if the cap were lifted.

This has to be doable because these monsters are playable in-game, with the same abilities. Monstrosity removes the broken abilities it seems; %hp moves, doom, etc. SE recycles a plethora of mobs anyway, but sadly, they are missing several moves. Recently, the majority of bst request were shot down, but this is not a mountain of a suggestion. Just asking for older jugs to be released in their strongest form/ with their monstrosity move list (Via HQ). What do you think SE?
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2