Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Huh... 'Loving that magic damage augment!

Hello SE,

I asked and you answered; magic damage gear (through augments) for Cloudsplitter. Thank you. Now, be a mensch and add a nice bit'o' magic damage to Farsha 119. ^.^ It only makes sense.

And while you're at it, how 'bout some magic damage rings, belts, and shields?

And you warriors, gtfo! Beastmaster only! :-P

Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    They really do need good non tanking shields. They give 1 handed weapons half the magic damage of 2 handed weapons, are you expecting mages to dual wield them? Stick some shields with 50-100 magic damage on them into the game already. Especially with Idris being a worse nuking weapon than the eminent staff because of it.

And some damned good melee shields too, if you ever want Fencer to see some use. Something with "Increases attack speed 20%" or so on it. Screw it, I'd settle for just "Mainhand weapons delay -30%" and take the TP per swing hit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Louispv; 06-24-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    If you are referring to the wkr augments you are better of just stacking more stats or mab. Not only do they do more but you can get a bunch more on higher ilvl armor than the little 4 mdmg on those augments. Specifically on 100% cloudsplitter: 1 str = 1 mnd = 1.5 magic dmg. While at 300% it's more like 1 str = 1 mnd = 3.4 magic dmg

Would kinda like to see magic dmg just be a normal stat that comes with weapons kinda like macc otherwise right now there is huge disparities between magical ws that has nothing to do with the ws or gear swapping... and that doesn't even get into the fact that most melees still have a hard time getting a decent gear set with more than 30 mab on it while mages are getting their stat mods, magic dmg and like 200 mab
    (0)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    And while you're at it, how 'bout some magic damage rings, belts, and shields?

And you warriors, gtfo! Beastmaster only!
    Well Acumen Ring is still probably your best bet for Cloudsplitter ring. And then Abyssea Tahrongi has a ring that drops from Gold Chest with MAB+3 augment? Could be wrong, but that would also better suit Cloudsplitter than MD rings I would think.

Not really sure personally in the comparison, but MAB probably would be best for it. MD was more to address low damage scaling with low tier spell damage, etc., but by all means, more welcome to correct me if I am wrong. Always nice to be enlightened on rights and wrongs. ^^

All that aside, I do agree we need more MAB gear altogether for more than just BST though.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Actually, you're right. I did some tests and magic attack bonus significantly outperformed magic damage.
    (0)