Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    *Slow Clap*

Way to post a screen shot of a log that's been modified by a third party tool on the Official SE forum. I stand in awe of your sheer chutzpah, sir.

(0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Not really. I don't care at all who uses what 3rd pt tool. I was just entertained by the sheer brazenness of waving it in SE's face on their own doorstep.

Carry on.

Edit: Oh damn, I should have said; "Does that make you the Black Knight? and Do you always triumph? XD
    (0)
    Last edited by Martel; 11-24-2014 at 06:41 PM.

Player
    I've little issue saying flat out that I use it. It's why my last account was banned and why I had to make this one, and if they were to ban this one I'd simply make yet another and cancel this one. Honestly, it's little more than a vain attempt to hide a failure on their part to satisfy their player's want for a better interface. In general they seem to have accepted that people work around those very failures in order to achieve a more viable interface, it's only when you go far outside of that range that they will take any true action against you. I mean, honestly I've went so far as to talk to GMs about things like that blatantly and I've yet to be banned even once on the game itself, which kinda surprised even me. So~ in the end, yeah, it may seem ballsy, but it's nothing I've not done over the last 3 years, and it's nothing I won't continue to do.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I see. I'd wondered if it was intentional or not. Well, thanks for the entertainment, and carry on.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You generally get a temp forum ban for discussing windower plugins/addons here, regardless of whether they tolerate it or not, it's probably best not to talk about or post screenshots of their use since it is against the ToS.

As for full dispel, it can suck but I can't see it as a problem personally since anything that does full dispel is still easily killed, especially Kumhau in the example given, he loses access to his full dispel move when you drop his aura.
    (0)

Player
    I just think RDM should have a way to prevent everything from being dispelled due to how buff heavy it is. On the front lines a RDM's entire ability to keep up is brought by it's buffs, rip that away and you take away everything a RDM has. No other job has that type of liability. I'm not saying we shouldn't be susceptible to such things, but I think we should be able to block it in some way such as making it so Composure is removed instead if it's active. It would give Composure an additional benefit for backline mages, who currently only need to use it during buff cycles then remove it, and it would allow frontline RDMs a single block of full buff wipes at the cost of their Accuracy boost.

In my opinion, it would be a fair tradeoff that both has a cost, but allows the RDM to survive and maintain most of their power on the frontlines without requiring them to back off to rebuff. In my opinion by not having a way to stop this, we're put at a massive disadvantage against other jobs in any frontline situation where this is possible. It'd be like if BLUs could have their traits from their spells dispelled by mobs, because when you think about it, a RDM's primary source of Double Attack, quite a bit of fSTR/dDEX, and almost all of our attack speed, comes simply from self buffs, unlike other jobs which get a great amount of traits and gear to give these very things in amounts we never see..
    (2)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i hate to rain on your fiesta, but you losing your buffs to a dispel and instantly being able to recast them (50% fast cast on rdm is trivial to get, and 80 is only slightly hard) vrs say a drk who just poped all his ja's isnt even in the same realm of bad news, i mean that drk is pretty much useless for the next 5 mins >.>; well excluding stun but dmg wize, above average or better thf will be schooling him. Only traits that help attack speed are DW, but that actually comes with a price. I do agree tho, se needs to limit these full dispels to like a monsters panic button. I do find it funny you went after blus job traits over its buffs tho, which also suck to lose, and we have to generally juggle 4 sometimes more (haste, refresh, coccon, meditation), and unlike rdm, blu keeping its buffs up becomes a huge mana issue if dispel keeps flying.
    (1)

Player
    BLU traits just came more to mind as Double Attack is one of our largest buffs that stand out that we simply don't get via gear and is dispelled in cases like this. It~ wasn't so much my key point, but more or less the first thing that came to mind, especially since it's something that can't be dispelled but gives quite a bit of power by simply setting spells rather than casting them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Not really. I don't care at all who uses what 3rd pt tool. I was just entertained by the sheer brazenness of waving it in SE's face on their own doorstep.
    Considering their current trend of making sure people breaking the ToS get penalized (as in, not), I would be terribly surprised if this screenshot will have any more consequenses than people blatantly pointing it out.

Edit: Oh damn, I should have said; "Does that make you the Black Knight? and Do you always triumph? XD
    As black as my coffee, and nah, my life would be too boring if I always win.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    With the update that just went by RUN got a special trait to their Runes and Wards. When 3 Runes are active the Ward buffs can't be dispelled. This makes them quite powerful in my opinion especially against NMs like those which are able to dispel multiple or all buffs a player has with a single attack.

My request is can RDM have an effect like this added to Composure that does one of two things.

A: Allows Composure to mitigate the number of enhancing effects removed.

B: Allows Composure to be dispelled while leaving other effects in place.

RDM is a job which relies on it's enhancing magic in many cases. When we try to nuke or enfeeble we need our buffs to aid our MND, INT, and Haste. When we try to melee we need STR/DEX, Temper, and Haste. We always need our enhancing magic but so many NMs in this game can wipe every single one in a single attack such as Tojil or Gessho. We have Protect, Shell, Stoneskin, Aquaveil, Phalanx, Haste, Bar-Element, Bar-Status, En-Spells, Temper, Regen, Refresh, Gain-Spells, Spike Spells, and Composure.

Mind you that is a total of 15 self buffs and only counts RDM's own buffs ignoring any subjob spells or buffs from other jobs such as BRD. I personally try to keep up 13 of these 15 buffs at all times and when they're all dispelled I completely retreat from a battle or prioritize my buffs over everything else until I'm finished applying them. The fact these wear off over time is bad enough and a Renew spell or ability has never been given to us despite the need for it. It would be wonderful if we could at least in some way be given a defense against this type of attack.

To add insult to injury, I remember when RDMs asked for Dispel II, or a Dispel that could remove 2+ status' from enemies we were told it would be overpowered. That's flat out insulting in a way when you look at monsters that can remove 20+ buffs with a single attack. Then there are other monsters such as Sand/Gigaworms that can flat out absorb our entire list of buffs which then require just as many dispels to remove them all.

tl;dr: RDM needs a way to defend against Dispel already. RDMs can have all buffs dispelled in a single attack while being unable to dispel even 2 effects from mobs at the same time due to it being 'over powered'.
    It's incredibly annoying how some of the NMs on this game spam massive dispels so I'm with you on this. But this isn't just a Red Mage issue in particular so I don't think it would be fair to just give us some special way to avoid it while everyone else suffers. Having a fully charged sublimation dispelled for example is even more annoying than having your composure wiped.

Best thing to do is just prioritize one or maybe two buffs and focus on those and just learn to live without the others. Because making Red mage immune to dispel - while it would be very nice - would also be way too powerful in my opinion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 12-24-2014 at 06:45 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast