Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Oh and about my first or second reply, if there is an issue where there are more than 64 people actually trying to get inshell and can't because of the limits placed on how many people can be in any given linkshell at one time, then this is indeed an issue and should be addressed, I was under the mistaken impression that the OP wasn't aware that you could hand out infinite pearls to a linkshell, my bad and I aplogize for being ignorant of that situation, but I do stand by the rest of what I said
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Don't we have community reps, why the fuck aren't these two threads that have obviously been started by the same group of people on asura been merged together in one thread, wth is going on here> you think youre answering one thread and its a different thread started by different people from the same linkshelll, isnt the job of the community rep to combine threads that are the same or to move threads to the right section of the forums?
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    It is the job of the mods yes. That includes the community reps. I think they could use a 1k needles in combining the threads.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaks View Post
    I don't think it has to do with the Playstation 2 limitations, but server stress. Having Linkshells with hundreds of members on at once wouldn't be nice for SquareEnix to handle stress wise.

With the game currently as is, not as many Linkshells reach the 64 member cap as they used to, so I don't see it being as bad as a problem as it used to.
    While I am not against the idea, you yourself are already giving a pretty good reason why this is pretty unlikely to happen.
    I've come back from a 9 month hiatus about a month ago myself, and am very pleased with some of the QoL changes put into this game, like the extra storage and the mog wardrobe.
    But at the same time I have noticed that loading times have increased considerably, even with the dwindeled server populations.

And I am pretty sure SE isn't going to invest in any upgrades in this game's network infrastructure soon.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Then they should just drop PS2. I mean, they have already locked NA PS2 players out, it's garbage that they keep the restrictions in place for JP PS2 players only.
    NA players aren't locked out. There's at least one method to install Adoulin on an NA PS2 that works, and I know several people using it. You do need the data from a JP install disc, and an alternate way of putting the files on your own HDD.
    (0)

Character
    Tiktaks
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    While I am not against the idea, you yourself are already giving a pretty good reason why this is pretty unlikely to happen.
    I've come back from a 9 month hiatus about a month ago myself, and am very pleased with some of the QoL changes put into this game, like the extra storage and the mog wardrobe.
    But at the same time I have noticed that loading times have increased considerably, even with the dwindeled server populations.

And I am pretty sure SE isn't going to invest in any upgrades in this game's network infrastructure soon.
    I haven't noticed any loading time increases in the past few years. Thats... odd. I still will remain hopeful.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    NA players aren't locked out. There's at least one method to install Adoulin on an NA PS2 that works, and I know several people using it. You do need the data from a JP install disc, and an alternate way of putting the files on your own HDD.
    That's nothing but a workaround. Officially - support for PS2 is over in NA/EU. They need not continue gimping the game for a tiny minority of people who can't get into 2014 and play the game on a modern(ish) system. You can buy a comp that will run FFXI for peanuts these days, especially if you go used. If you're a committed console peasant get an xbox. This isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiktaks View Post
    I haven't noticed any loading time increases in the past few years. Thats... odd. I still will remain hopeful.
    Maybe you never try to change gear or access your inventory after zoning, but there is now at least 20 seconds where you can't do anything of the sort. It is pretty annoying but its the price we pay for increased inventory.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    What so everyone in japan has to suffer the crap box pause? Microsoft doesn't sell well there.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Maybe you never try to change gear or access your inventory after zoning, but there is now at least 20 seconds where you can't do anything of the sort. It is pretty annoying but its the price we pay for increased inventory.
    This exactly, before I took my break it was a mere matter of seconds before I could access my inventory after zoning.
    Nowadays, as Olor sais, it takes at least 20 but usualy around 30 seconds before my inventory starts loading items.
    And no, it's not my computer system nor my Internet connection.
    I don't mind this too much, I can learn to live with it because it is the benefit is huge, and not only to me but to everyone.

Unlocking or increasing linkshell capacity may have a similar effect on the network infrastructure, it may not, we don't know.
    But if it does, I'd personally rather not have this increase because as you yourself have said, there may be two perhaps three linkshells with numbers that exceed the cap so for most people the benefits won't compensate for the downside.
    I won't magically move to a larger linkshell because I can, and neither will others.

Not being able to access my inventory for a second or 20 is no big deal, missing those seconds in linkshell or party chat can be vital.
    (1)

Character
    Tiktaks
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 40
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    This exactly, before I took my break it was a mere matter of seconds before I could access my inventory after zoning.
    Nowadays, as Olor sais, it takes at least 20 but usualy around 30 seconds before my inventory starts loading items.
    And no, it's not my computer system nor my Internet connection.
    I don't mind this too much, I can learn to live with it because it is the benefit is huge, and not only to me but to everyone.

Unlocking or increasing linkshell capacity may have a similar effect on the network infrastructure, it may not, we don't know.
    But if it does, I'd personally rather not have this increase because as you yourself have said, there may be two perhaps three linkshells with numbers that exceed the cap so for most people the benefits won't compensate for the downside.
    I won't magically move to a larger linkshell because I can, and neither will others.

Not being able to access my inventory for a second or 20 is no big deal, missing those seconds in linkshell or party chat can be vital.
    The reason the inventory change causes changes within the network is because everyone is constantly using the Linkshell. There wouldn't be much stress if any at all with the Linkshell change, because only 2-3 Linkshells would be using it at the increased capacity which wouldn't be enough to "Stress" the servers.
    (0)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast