Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekundes View Post
    Years ago, I may have been worried about the 64 person limit. Now? Not so much. 64 people is no small portion of the average number of people online in most servers. Though obviously I'd be totally fine with them making that adjustment so long as there are not any slow downs or coding issues from doing so(you never really know with 11 years of coding).
    There are currently 42 people logged in with shell equipped in my LS atm. There were 59 last night. The only reason there aren't more is because many of them have on other shells atm. If they could equip 2 at the same time, we would hit the limit.
    (0)

Player
    Most MMO chat systems are all IRC based. Things like /say (per zone), /ls /p /tell are all based separate IRC channels.

I can't imagine linkshells would be different. Is it that hard to make LSes support > 64 people?

(Just asking).
    (0)

Character
    Raelzan
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 77
    Why not create a house and the linkshells that belong to that house could communicate with each other each linkshells events would be posted on the house board and this way every one would still work together as a group I know Square Enix could set up house banners and the heads of the LS could then elect a head of the house with a term limit. Sorry just thinking out loud it could even cross servers as well... and this could be a whole add-on for the game...
    (0)

So to be clear....they're...abandoning the whole idea of equipping more than one linkshell and...going with somesuch other chatting option? Ah...what?
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comment...the_community/

So REDDIT is now hitting 64 players online almost 24/7 now, a year after this thread was started. They have today decided to try a second LS, with sackholders being relays to repeat relevant discussion to the other shell, but we will still have a capacity problem. The only choices are to wait for a capacity increase (since we have a 128 person limit minus the number of sackholders) from SquareEnix, or to use additional programs for text chat, which console users can't use. Unity can support 128 people, why can't linkshells? Heck, FFOChat can support as many people as IRC allows. We have over 400 pearls handed out, something needs to be done.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comment...the_community/

So REDDIT is now hitting 64 players online almost 24/7 now, a year after this thread was started. They have today decided to try a second LS, with sackholders being relays to repeat relevant discussion to the other shell, but we will still have a capacity problem. The only choices are to wait for a capacity increase (since we have a 128 person limit minus the number of sackholders) from SquareEnix, or to use additional programs for text chat, which console users can't use. Unity can support 128 people, why can't linkshells? Heck, FFOChat can support as many people as IRC allows. We have over 400 pearls handed out, something needs to be done.
    Agreed wholeheartedly. Funny enough, I was just thinking about this issue with the reddit linkshell only like 2 days ago (no joke) and it's actually the main reason I've been putting off my application to the shell. I figured you guys were/are probably bursting at the seams with so many returning (and even brand new) players coming to the game recently and I guess I had the situation pegged pretty well. While a second shell definitely isn't ideal, I can't say I wasn't glad to see the announcement on reddit. New/returning players really need a shell like this to make the experience much smoother and more fun, imo. Now that there's a bit more breathing room, I might need to see about dropping my application soon as well .

Here's hoping SE plans to address this issue in the coming months.
    (0)

Well, someone in the shell proposed tying an outside IRC channel into the game, but that's not an option for console users, so the post was deleted and archived as a backup option if the dual-shell thing doesn't work. There's also the matter that SE wouldn't approve of such an option, but it's the only thing that will work if they don't improve capacity themselves.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7