Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Evind
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 70

How should I make SE team to work to ban permanently these morons?

I have sent a long letter to customer service about RMT users, and they told me to ask it to GM.

So I am telling(actually complaining) to GM about them, and he keeps telling me to report to STF team.

And I wrote all the names of bot users and reported to STF team.

And nothing happened.

I think it is an irresponsible action as a famous game company, and it makes me feel that the SE teams are just neglecting bot users by earning money from them.

What's your opinion to SE teams to ban all those stupid bot users permanently from FFXI?
    (3)
    Last edited by Evind; 11-27-2022 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Not finished yet

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The only way anything will ever happen is if you get about a thousand people to threaten to quit if the STF doesn't start doing their job.

Anything less is just screaming into the void. They're not going to ban sub paying bots unless you force them.
    (1)

Player
    The STF don't ban people blindly because this is idiotic, they use an overall strategy to deal with RMT/cheating and that strategy is never zero tolerance.

If you report someone it usually goes 1 of 4 ways:

It's considered a red: They ban them asap (I've reported people and seen this happen within hours).
    It's considered yellow: they ban them at the next ban wave, which could be weeks away
    It's considered acceptable, for various reasons (even if it breaks the tos) and so no ban.
    You reported people that were doing nothing wrong (for instance people can get reported for speed hacking, when it was actually a mog power or whatever)

The overall strategy works very well, because red infractions are very rarely seen in action.

Just because they didn't do what you want, it doesn't mean they didn't investigate it.

Overall they do a good job, if you don't think so you don't understand the incredible complexity of the situation.
    (0)

Character
    Ubizah
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    The only "good job" they do is keeping money coming in. (which is priority one for a business) Bots pay more subs and there is no downside to letting them run wild.

They do a terrible job, of maintaining a game.

banning bots is bad for business. Everyone that doesn't understand that, needs to. It will never be a fun game again, it is run exclusively for profit. If you want ANYTHING to change, take away their profit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Uriah; 11-27-2022 at 05:34 AM.

Player
    Starting a war with a billion dollar RMT industry helps nobody, especially when they will almost always play within the rules as long as you allow them to.

If the worst thing you have to complain about is some bots, you have very little to complain about.
    (0)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Starting a war with a billion dollar RMT industry helps nobody, especially when they will almost always play within the rules as long as you allow them to.

If the worst thing you have to complain about is some bots, you have very little to complain about.
    "Billion dollar industry"

lol
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Ignoring all the silly stuff in this trhead:

Bots will always be a problem even with a team comitted to combating them. You can only limit their impact, there's no realistic way of eliminating it entirely aside from removing the economy from the game entirely (i.e. no trading, no auction house, etc). But even then, you'll still have bots grinding XP as a service.

It's useless to complain about them. As long as there's someone out there willing to pay money to not play the game, there will be people out there to provide those services.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    "Billion dollar industry"

lol
    It is, before wow it wasn't. After Wow it is.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    It is, before wow it wasn't. After Wow it is.
    [Citation Needed]
    (1)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    What needs to happen is from the community. Years ago buying gil was ostricized and frowned down upon, but somewhere along the way it was accepted by the community. If people stop buying gil, there would be no gilsellers, the community needs to go back to the old ways and look down on the gilbuyers.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast