Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Oh that sounds awesome. I'm on the path to Behemoth and having fun with Gnole. But I dread the grind on Opo and Rabbit.
    Still waiting for Monstrosity update news.
    (2)

Character
    Ackeronll
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Think they have written Monstrosity off. We haven't gotten anything in like 8 months. Can keep hope alive with the preview for Novs update saying something for everyone but I doubt anything for Monstrosity. Really wish Flan or Behemoth would chime in and give us a heads up or something.
    (2)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah I hope "content for every type of player" doesn't mean that Monipulators don't count as players anymore, that'd be a nice kick in the balls wouldn't it?.
    (3)

Character
    Ackeronll
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Monstrosity was the thing I was most excited about from this expansion. It's sad to see they couldn't even at least implement all the monsters they showed in the previews.
    (2)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I distinctly remember a poster (or was it a preview pic?) about Khimaira vs Hydra.
    It's like FF11's version of Godzilla vs King Kong
    (more accurately would be a wyrm vs yztarg I guess)
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitruya View Post
    Oh that sounds awesome. I'm on the path to Behemoth and having fun with Gnole. But I dread the grind on Opo and Rabbit.
    Still waiting for Monstrosity update news.
    Also, grinding on a monipulator that has access to black mage spells is not a chore at all.
    Just get some good mage instincts; these are the ones I recommend:
    - Gnole 3
    - Cerberus 2
    - Flan (all 3)
    - Hecteyes 3
    - Manticore 2
    - Colibri 1
    - Eft 1 and 2
    - Black mage
    - Geomancer
    - Coeurl 2 and 3
    - Toad 2
    - Uragnite 2 MUST HAVE

Equip as many as you can from that list and any monster with black magic will utterly destroy (and thus chain) VT's or sometimes even IT's.

If you still have room or don't have most of these instincts, then fill the rest with MP+ and/or refresh. Although refresh isn't required in Monstrosity. It's more of a luxery here since you have an insane amount of MP.

Opo-opo really isn't too bad. It's a quick DD monster with plenty of useful ws's.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gameesh; 10-29-2014 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Some inaccurate information

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It would sure be nice to celebrate 11/11 and the double EXP campaign, but there's no "Monstrosity Returns Campaign" to take part in and I've already maxed out pretty much all of my favorite monsters ages ago, can I get a Yovra, Wyrm, or Wyvern to play as or something?
    (2)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I seriously don't understand why SE didn't implement a party mode of some kind.
    It would have made the content incredibly appealing. It's the ONE drawback this content has.
    People teaming up in Monstrosity MAY affect normal players leveling up but even then it's not really a problem.
    Monster teams can take on incredibly hard monsters that human players wouldn't even dare get close to.
    And most of the exp areas are places where people rarily go anyway (Aht Urgahn areas for example)
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Gameesh View Post
    Also, grinding on a monipulator that has access to black mage spells is not a chore at all.
    Just get some good mage instincts; these are the ones I recommend:
    - Gnole 3
    - Cerberus 2
    - Flan (all 3)
    - Hecteyes 3
    - Manticore 2
    - Colibri 1
    - Eft 1 and 2
    - Black mage
    - Geomancer
    - Coeurl 2 and 3
    - Toad 2
    - Uragnite 2 MUST HAVE

Equip as many as you can from that list and any monster with black magic will utterly destroy (and thus chain) VT's or sometimes even IT's.

If you still have room or don't have most of these instincts, then fill the rest with MP+ and/or refresh. Although refresh isn't required in Monstrosity. It's more of a luxery here since you have an insane amount of MP.

Opo-opo really isn't too bad. It's a quick DD monster with plenty of useful ws's.
    Thanks for the tips. ^^
    I've almost got Gnole to 75, but I took a break to collect some fairly easy instincts from other mobs. Such as Sabotender I (it was fun running around as a zucchini-on-legs and sounding like a squeaker toy). And I'm currently working towards unlocking the Morbol for its Tier I 'cause poison is like the bane of my existence (and who doesn't want to terrorize the land as a giant tentacle monster). LOL
    I can tell you right now though, I am already starting to get burned out and there is no way I am gonna get all those you listed just to level the mage Rabbit. ;p I might get Eft I at least though to add to the few I already have, that's not so bad.
    At any rate I'm really looking forward to the double exp campaign.

And I agree that Monstrosity should've been included in the campaigns (besides the double exp thing) or hell, just one of the monthly updates. It's way past time for all their promises to be fulfilled.
    Bring on the khimaira!
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5