Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ackeronll
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Any Monstrosity additions/changes coming in the next few months?

So we are nearing a year since Monstrosity being introduced and it seems to have not found a place in most players 'I want to do that' list.

Personally I enjoyed Monstrosity and invested a decent amount of time in it thinking it may be supported more. I still can't play the monster I wanted which was Wyverns. Belligerency was a good move but the rewards are horrible and not worth risking your infamy or prestige for, so it is only used as a level capping tool to make leveling monsters easier. Another feature that was mentioned and hasn't been touched on is Monster Parties. People including myself have been hoping for that since this launched. Lastly monster -vs- monster PvP which was announced to be coming at launch still hasn't been implemented.

It's been months since any new content was added to Monstrosity, this includes monster families or other additional content. In one of the Vana'diel Digests it was mentioned that it was being looked into on ways to get more players to do Monstrosity. Since then all there has been is silence.

There are a lot of ways to get players involved. Just ask the players and they would come up with plenty. Off the top of my head I can think of some as well:

- Monster BCNMs for high end currency. (Dynamis currency/Alexandrite/Rem Tales/Plasm/Obsidian Fragments)
    - Ability to summon one of your leveled monsters like the Adventuring Fellow or Trust.
    - Being able to challenge your Monster Ego to fights for loot from that monsters family at the cost of prestige or infamy.
    - Joining a Beastmen force in Besieged or Campaign.
    - Add a storyline. We still have no idea why this started from a lore stand point.
    - More monster Records of Eminence.

With that said, I'm wondering if anything is coming down the pipe for this feature or if I should write off Monstrosity?
    (7)

I agree, I am really disappointed in no new Monstrosity content.
    (1)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is the answer we got when we asked about this back in April.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

I checked in with the lead monipulator himself, Iwagami, and found out some of the plans that are on the horizon. Please keep in mind, however, that this is all still in the planning phases and there is a possibility that details may change.

When it comes to new content for monstrosity the team's plan is to create large scale PvP content that is reminiscent of campaign battles. Essentially, players will be able to become monipulators and join one of two NPC groups that are fighting each other, and aim to make it so their group wins.

As this is content that will require various features including a new interface, it will take a bit of time before it is implemented, but we will continue to share information as progress is made.
    If you go to Gusgen Mines you can find the people who were in the thread with the above quote still waiting that "bit of time" for this new content. I personally don't expect to see it until mid-August as that will basically be Monstrosity's one year anniversary.
    (0)

Couldn't they add some new families in the meantime, and access to new areas?
    (1)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    My guess on the reason for the lack of those kinds of updates has a lot to do with A) they've taken the survey feedback as "put Monstrosity on the bottom of the priority list because the majority doesn't care." B) They know that the next group of monster families (Undead, Arcana, Dragons, and Demons) contain the arguably most desirable/popular monsters and really want to hold out on them. C) They're putting all of the effort into the new system they're working on so they don't have much time for smaller updates right now.

The pessimist in me says A and B combined, but the optimist in me says all money on C and the addition of all 4 new families at once for the one year anniversary.
    (0)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Bgwiki has recently added new items to its monstrosity list, including monsters to currently existing families that aren't currently in the game. Maybe they'll be added soon?
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    Bgwiki has recently added new items to its monstrosity list, including monsters to currently existing families that aren't currently in the game. Maybe they'll be added soon?
    Where? I went to bgwiki trying to find these items you mentioned but can't find them. Can you point me in the right direction, please?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameesh View Post
    Where? I went to bgwiki trying to find these items you mentioned but can't find them. Can you point me in the right direction, please?
    Here you are!
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonjustin View Post
    Thanks! I'm curious now; are these just placeholders? Either way, I'd more then welcome all those additions...
    (0)

Character
    Ackeronll
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    Gonna clear this up. Those were added to the game back in January and haven't been edited since on that page. Since I'm bored I'll go fix the values on the instincts. Stuff on that page is not new or recent.

Everything with the 2 headed snake symbol appears to have only the name put into the system it seems and nothing more. Which is sad cause King Pudding would rule the world!

EDIT:Finished changing that page with the most up to date info.
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Monstro...Now_Supported!

Gonna play a game of LoL then add links to the main pages for each section since when content does come out those are the pages that will be updated most likely and I won't have to type in the same info again.
    Monster Info:http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Categor...rosity/Species
    Instincts:http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Instincts

Edit 2: The main Monstrosity page is now linked at the top of that page to lessen confusion.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ackeron; 06-26-2014 at 08:00 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast