Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    i honestly belive what is killing monstosity is no party mode.
    (2)

Player
    No party mode, slow XP at 50~60+ just like normal players, no in game reward for leveling monsters, hardly any reward for players killing monster players. Those are the 4 things I see as the main issues. I don't do Monstrosity anymore, I used to do it roughly 30~50% of my game time because I enjoyed it so much, now I just don't care much anymore. I have almost everything in Monstrosity to 60 besides Amorphs and I can't be bothered to finish it because after leveling the last 50 mobs to 60~90 I just got bored with it, I get nothing from it besides fun and that fun was killed by slow leveling speeds and the lack of being able to play with anyone besides myself.
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    A pvp system that highly favors either the player or the monster depending on how it's done with not much reward for players and even less for monsters... no new monsters for awhile on top of the only thing we've gotten since they introduced belligerence was new monsters. No uncapped zones. No party. No large scale battles... several of those things promised a year ago so people are treating it like smn and pets they will take years to implement. Also Unable to get even basic mob drops while on monster. Horribly rewards system unable to do it in soa areas. Unable to earn merits or CP while on monster etc
    (2)

Agreed. I still go back to my list, that we need partying, drops, ability to harvest, new families, more areas to access (including Belligerency), better leveling grind, ability to get merits/CP ... the same things everyone is echoing here.
    (1)

Problem is they see Monstrosity as a side activity, therefor its getting side-activity treatment, and backseated to Hard Mode BF's and real events.

Thats been the problem with this system from the start, its treated as a "not an endgame thing, but not a "Chocobo raising" type side activity", so its been riddled with crap rewards, and not updated quickly because interest is lost when all you can do is exp. Right now Monstrosity is essentially "Solo exp simulator"... and the rewards are really really sad. But thats a problem I'm sure they're aware of. If they make the rewards really good and tangible, it in essence forces people to play an event where all you really do is level up the same jobs over and over with a different skin... if they rewards are too terrible (like they are now) people will grow bored when the novelty wears off (like they are now...).

There are a few solutions, SE would need to up the rewards for them... as well as introduce party play, and uncapped PvP(which would require Monsters being able to level up beyond 99, rather through "Merits" or something else.... personally, I recall someone postulating ideas for what could be rewards... I personally think getting the "HNM" Of each species to 99 should reward the player with the ability to purchase some items related to that Families Instincts and such, say for ~30k or so Infamy. Let me give you a few examples...

Beast
    Beast Ring
    DEX+3 AGI+4 Attack+3
    "Triple Attack" +2

Beast Earring
    STR+3 AGI+3
    Full Moon: Regen+1
    Refresh +1
    Regain +10

Lizard
    *Lizard Mantle
    VIT+8 Stoneskin +30
    Physical Damage Taken -6%

*Lizard Coin(Ammo)
    VIT+4 INT+4
    Water Elemental Magic Accuracy +9
    Water Elemental Magic Attack +9

Plantoid
    *Plantoid Rope
    HP+3% MP+3%
    Earth Elemental Magic Attack +15
    Occult Acumen +25

*Plantoid Earring
    Fast Cast +5
    Light Elemental Magic Attack +15
    Occasionaly Absorbs Light Elemental Damage +10

Bird
    *Bird Necklace
    (wind)+30 Evasion +20
    "Triple Attack"+2%

*Bird Ring
    STR+5
    Resist Sleep+15
    Double Attack+2%

And these would be just a few examples, all of them taken from bonuses Instincts give from their species. Maybe even special ones related to certain species... like

Malboro Hat (Yes, a hat that looks like a Malboro)
    DEF/STATS
    Enhances Resistance to all Status Ailments +20
    I.lv115
    (4)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 08-04-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Player
    Actual tangible rewards, party mode, nuff said.
    (1)

Player
    alot people are done with a pvp system, one on one anyway a large scale something... then maybe tbh i havent ever even tried it
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If SE made it possible for monipulators to team up and add a few more areas (for the higher levels) then I'm 99% sure Monstrosity would be crazy popular again.
    Then they can just continue adding the rest of the families...
    (1)

Where are the updates on this content!?
    (1)

Player
    Monster merits that would be awesome.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast