Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

DD Brd with Trust NPC Brds

Before the elimination of the overwrite timers, the BRD Trusts could not overwrite the longer songs of main brds. Now this is not the case and I'm finding that the brd npc is overwriting my marches and ballads.

SE Please change it so that either we can set the songs that they sing, or that in the case of main being brd, that they wait till the main brd sings songs first before figuring out which songs they should sing.

This problem only exists at the moment for main brds who use trusts, but come the 6/17/14 update will apply to any multi brd party.

In player made parties this issue doesn't usually pop up because we coordinate songs already. There is no way at the moment to coordinate songs with Trust brds.
    (2)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 06-16-2014 at 09:55 PM.

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I've encountered this problem as well. Before the song update, it was never a problem, but now in reives and with a vast majority of other players using Brd Trusts, it really screws with my own songs. Tenuto can solve the problem for yourself, but your DD trusts are still screwed and having to constantly use Tenuto on yourself is extremely annoying.

A third tier March would help at least when it came to marches since Trust Brds would presumably not have access to it. Another solution could be to make it so weaker songs (no Song+) wouldn't be able to overwrite actual Brd's who sing with song+ (Gjallarhorn, AF3, etc). Otherwise, I don't really see an easy fix for this.

Edit: Or you could just switch jobs off Brd... but screw that!
    (1)

I like the overwrite changes (makes it easier to bard) but yeah, this unintended consequence is annoying. That said I wouldn't call a bard trust when I am on Bard cause I've already got 3 songs and I'm much better at Bard then they are.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I like the overwrite changes (makes it easier to bard) but yeah, this unintended consequence is annoying. That said I wouldn't call a bard trust when I am on Bard cause I've already got 3 songs and I'm much better at Bard then they are.
    Much agreed. I don't summon Brd trusts either; it just mostly is an annoyance in reives. Main reason for me came about from once farming some col. reives solo with SV songs up. Somebody rolled up with Joachim out and immediately I went into panic mode, and sure enough, he soon overwrote my SV Victory March... >.<
    (1)

Greetings,

Moving forward we plan on making adjustments to alter egos so that their behavior improves; however, we do not plan on introducing a feature that will allow you to indicate specific actions or give orders to your alter egos.

If you are playing as a bard, we encourage you to select alter egos with different jobs or to select songs that better match the actions taken by the alter ego you summon.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings,

Moving forward we plan on making adjustments to alter egos so that their behavior improves; however, we do not plan on introducing a feature that will allow you to indicate specific actions or give orders to your alter egos.

If you are playing as a bard, we encourage you to select alter egos with different jobs or to select songs that better match the actions taken by the alter ego you summon.

The problem is that other people's bards can overwrite your songs in wildskeepers etc.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The easiest fix in my opinion is that the highest potency song should remain. Similar to how before the highest duration song took precedence when the same song was sung.
    (1)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    The easiest fix in my opinion is that the highest potency song should remain. Similar to how before the highest duration song took precedence when the same song was sung.
    NO, this would make the situation more complicated for buffs.

A good solution would be to change the way /ignoretrust or that other command* works

*just woke up, can't remember the name. It's a command that prevents any buff/healing on you coming from anybody outside your alliance
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    /block aid is the command
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    How would the max potency take precedence be an issue? The way I envision it is that the check only applies when the same song is sung, not for when trying to overwrite one song with a different song.

Ignore trust isn't a total fix because I had a 2nd brd in my VW party and they overwrote my SV march, minuet x3 with normal songs. So song precedence is needed in other places too.

Before with the duration rule the longest song remained, IE a Carnwenhan brds songs could not be overwritten by other brds less the song duration elapsed low enough. The removal of the minimum overwrite time remaining rule removed the rule that the longest song takes precedence.

This could also be solved by having the longest song take precedence with no rule for minimum time left on overwrite.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 06-19-2014 at 11:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast