Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Make key items and regular items sortable in alphabetic order!

This is becoming a major problem. I have 480 item slots; 80 gobbiebag, 80 Mog Safe, 80 Mog Locker, 80 Mog Satchel, 80 Mog Sack, and 80 Storage. While it's great to have all this room, it's getting to be a nightmare trying to remember where I put everything. It appears there is only one sort function, which seems sorta random. Please please PLEASE make an option to sort by alphabetical order.

Additionally, I sometimes have trouble finding a key item. Can we add a 5th option in key items that gives you a master list of everything, in alphabetical order?

Lastly, can we remove that restriction that says Storage cannot be accessed from within a Rent-a-Room?
    (5)

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Agreed. Its so annoying that half of the Atmas is in one place of the list and the rest is in another place>_> Please make a better sort function
    (1)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I agree. Alphabetical sorting would be a nice option.
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    There are already 2 sort functions for your inventory "Automatic", i believe this is the random one you referred to, there is a very strict pattern for it, consumables then gear which sorts out much like the AH does RA weapons, ammo, reg weapons, head gear etc etc. and then "Manual" which lets you put anything anywhere in any order, It's time consuming to put everything into a spot manually every time you change gear,but i don't think putting anything alphabetically would really help all that much. I rather dislike the idea of having my Ziska's crossbow at the bottom of the list because it starts with Z rather then at the top because it's a RA weapon. I think you have not really paid much attention to where the "Automatic" sort actually PUTS your gear, and in what order. For spells and such i HATE the way the Automatic sort puts them, there again though an aphabetic sort would not be terribly useful, there are too many bar- spells that would be incredibly close together and at the very top of the list for any job that has them. I "Manually" sorted my spells by element and most used for example, Cure 1-6 at the top, then curaga 1-4 regen 1-4 refresh raise 1-3 pro 1-5 protectra 1-5 shell 1-5 shellra 1-5 etc. You can do this same thing with your gear by the way. These lists do not resort unless you tell them to. My blu spell list is even more complex, but that would be a long post so. In short i think the current method for sorting your inventory is fine, if you want to sort all your stuff your way, alphebetically or what ever use the "Manual" sort function the game already has.

In regards to the KI functions, i have played when there was NO distinction between any of the KI's. There was a master list that said "Key Items" THIS WAS HORRIBLE. It had a list, not in alphabetical order but by the a similar method where maps where at the bottom and i have no idea how the rest of the list was sorted, it all seemed very very random. I think SE made HUGE strides by making the differentiated lists we have today. However, we DO need more categories introduced, such as Abyssites, Atma's, Current Quest KI's, Battlefield KI's, Forced spawn KI's/Trophy KI's or something of that nature there are too many items under "Temporary Key Items" it takes eons to sort through.

As for storage not being accessed from a rent-a-room.... i would hate to see this for the simple fact that it would cut out every reason for ever having to return to one's home nation, unless you wanted to Outpost or something like that, i think the reason they did this is the realworld mechanic, you do not have all the 'furnishings' you do at your home mog house in your rent a room, so there fore you only get access to what is stored in your 'luggage' none storage inventory. Your rent a room is like being on vacation and you can't take everrrrything with you so storage is what you have to leave behind like your 50" plasma tv in real life or whatever you have lol. That's my take on things anyway.
    (1)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

Quote Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
    In regards to the KI functions, i have played when there was NO distinction between any of the KI's. There was a master list that said "Key Items" THIS WAS HORRIBLE. It had a list, not in alphabetical order but by the a similar method where maps where at the bottom and i have no idea how the rest of the list was sorted, it all seemed very very random. I think SE made HUGE strides by making the differentiated lists we have today. However, we DO need more categories introduced, such as Abyssites, Atma's, Current Quest KI's, Battlefield KI's, Forced spawn KI's/Trophy KI's or something of that nature there are too many items under "Temporary Key Items" it takes eons to sort through.
    Even if there was an "Abyssea" category in key items to hold Abyssite, Atma, NM pops, and quest key items it would make searching through them much, much easier.
    (0)

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I want a different auto sort option, one that ONLY auto stacks items i HATE the auto sort.

the auto sort is the main reason it takesa me a lot longer to job change
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I would realy hate for my items to be set alphabeticaly.
    (0)

give all the sort options used on the AH, software is already in the game, easy fix, can I has cookie now?
    (0)

Character
    Kyte
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I would realy hate for my items to be set alphabeticaly.
    However, a separate category for Atmas and/or all Abyssea key items would be welcome.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I see the point why you wouldn't want to make Storage accessible everywhere.

As for objections to an alphebetical sort, I should stress that I propose this be strictly OPTIONAL. Leave Auto and Manual in there, and add in the third option for alphabetical.
    (3)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast