Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    turn of the auto sort inventory in the options and arrange it how you like, simple enough.

Sorting it alphabetically wouldn't help all that much.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    turn of the auto sort inventory in the options and arrange it how you like, simple enough.

Sorting it alphabetically wouldn't help all that much.
    That would be immensely time consuming, both in the initial sort and remembering to refile everything correctly every single time something enters or exits a storage space.

I'm surprised that something this non-controversial could raise any objections.
    (1)

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post

As for objections to an alphebetical sort, I should stress that I propose this be strictly OPTIONAL. Leave Auto and Manual in there, and add in the third option for alphabetical.
    I full agree with including it and leaving it optional idea
    (0)

Player
    i really only see that being useful for those times of "oh crap where the hell is my (insert item you cant find here) even then i try not to sort my mog safe/locker to much as all the gear i use regualy is kept at the bottom and grouped togeather with the rest of the gear for X job bar those few pieces that are used in multiple jobs 95% of my blm gear is used exculsively on blm to find it all aphabeticly would be more of a pain
    (0)

Character
    Kavik
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    give all the sort options used on the AH, software is already in the game, easy fix, can I has cookie now?
    I like this idea actually.
    (0)
    FFXI forever! 99 PLD THF DRG DNC WHM SCH BRD BLM BLU BST
    Burtgang Excalibur Aegis Ochain

While an alphabetical sorting feature would indeed be quite useful, the development team has looked into it and has found that it would be quite difficult to implement. Due to the fact that the game supports multiple languages, items are organized by internal item IDs and not by the name of the item itself. Since the current sorting system is based on this deep rooted system of internal IDs, changing this is not very realistic at this time.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    While an alphabetical sorting feature would indeed be quite useful, the development team has looked into it and has found that it would be quite difficult to implement. Due to the fact that the game supports multiple languages, items are organized by internal item IDs and not by the name of the item itself. Since the current sorting system is based on this deep rooted system of internal IDs, changing this is not very realistic at this time.
    Alphabetical isn't possible, but what about manual sorting. I'm saying this mainly in regard to Atma. Would it be possible to be able to sort manually (like magic spells), and having the order of the atma in the key items be reflected in the menu at the atma infusionist?
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Kaych
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thats a good question Miico^-^ Would be nice to be able to sort it in some way. I could settle for manual sorting if it wasnt possible to make it automatic^_-
    (0)
    Its sometimes best to agree to disagree ^_-
    -----
    "/sigh factor" is when:
    - You are asked to set your HP when you already have your HP set the place you exit. O.o?
    - You need to repeat a quest a 100 times in order to cap your fame >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    Alphabetical isn't possible, but what about manual sorting. I'm saying this mainly in regard to Atma. Would it be possible to be able to sort manually (like magic spells), and having the order of the atma in the key items be reflected in the menu at the atma infusionist?
    Unfortunately, given what Camate has said, the same fundamental problem would assail them in this case as well. Although, one possibility that comes to mind right off would be a lookup table that serves as an intermediary ID on the client side. Such a solution is problematic for FFXI however, since they have to consider the memory usage for PS2 users and at best, the lookup table would have a size complexity on the order of n where n is the number of inventory item types. Alternatively, they could store an individual lookup table for each person on the server similar to the macro saving mechanic; depending on how Key Items and Inventory are sent to sent to the player, however, such a system would horribly bog down the inventory checking process.
    (0)

Character
    Lushipur
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Miiyo View Post
    when they will release the atma fix, you could create a list of preferite atma to use...this will solve most of the problem i suppose ^^
    (0)

Only the phoenix arises and does not descend. And everything changes. And nothing is truly lost.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast