Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Player Babekeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,273
    Back on topic of tanking as a RUN... using Crusade gives you +30 enmity. Very useful. I find in a WKR that if I'm first person to the mob now, I won't ever lose hate, unless my NPCs die and noone else bothers to cure me, that is. Some nasty moves used by some of the WKR bosses I've found... Dispel all being one particularly nasty one, even in a full PDT (mine is 49%) set it's not nice to drop from 1400+ def to ~700 or whatever I'm at without protect and cocoon.
    (0)

  2. #22
    Player Kote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    50
    Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Back on topic of tanking as a RUN... using Crusade gives you +30 enmity. Very useful. I find in a WKR that if I'm first person to the mob now, I won't ever lose hate, unless my NPCs die and noone else bothers to cure me, that is. Some nasty moves used by some of the WKR bosses I've found... Dispel all being one particularly nasty one, even in a full PDT (mine is 49%) set it's not nice to drop from 1400+ def to ~700 or whatever I'm at without protect and cocoon.
    So the whole Run/blu set is just for the cocoon buff? Does rune relic pants aply to blue spells like cocoon? With all things considered I'm suprised /war never worked out for Rune Fencer tanks like it did for Paladin (defender and provoke).

    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    , H-P bayld is hard to come by
    I just found out wkr has the highest drop rate but you really need alot of reive momentum to get a sack that drops multiples of hp-bayld.

    ----

    Right now some folks are saying the Ergon GS is to Rune as Aegis is to a Paladin. Dont know why but the fact is, unless it goes past the ~23%~25% parry cap. Even with Aettir or Epeolatry. If a Rune Fencer is dual tanking with a Paladin, the Rune Fencer should be inback of the Paladin. This way the Paladin can use "Cover" on the Rune Fencer to reduce their overall physical damage for ~30 seconds. With Aegis or Ochain, this can help when buffs need to be reaplied on Rune. With the right gear Paladins can redirect magic damage with cover and gain some mp off it. If a Rune is tanking with Epeolatry, would Liement also redirect the remaining magic damage to Paladins health as well?

    However the reverse can also be said if Rune takes hate and Paladin needs a breath for hp, mp or buffs. Then Rune could use Crusade with Battuta and parry block for paladin untill Paladin is ready to use crusade and steal hate back with provoke, Bash, and other enmity spells.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kote; 06-24-2014 at 11:23 AM.

  3. #23
    Player Babekeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    So the whole Run/blu set is just for the cocoon buff? Does rune relic pants aply to blue spells like cocoon?
    Mainly, though there are a couple of other bonuses. Defense bonus and attack bonus JTs. Wild Carrot can help out when needed, also healing breeze if the party gets slept, or just to grab a chunk of hate. Also Blank Gaze, Jettatura and another (poison breath?) give high amounts of enmity if needed. Or you can just set spells based on what stats they give when set (eg bomb toss and blastbomb for STR etc.)
    Oh, also when solo, you have 10% haste from refuelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kote View Post
    With all things considered I'm suprised /war never worked out for Rune Fencer tanks like it did for Paladin (defender and provoke).
    Cocoon gives more def with no attack loss. PLDs have also used /BLU in the past for the same reason, but without inspiration, it's easy to get interrupted.
    (0)

  4. #24
    Player Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    249
    Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Don't use poison breath, please. It doesn't have a special enmity value or anything. It just had a good dmg/mp ratio at 75, which made it an "ok" spell for enmity for BLU main. /blu would just get resisted.
    (0)

  5. #25
    Player Babekeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Don't use poison breath, please. It doesn't have a special enmity value or anything. It just had a good dmg/mp ratio at 75, which made it an "ok" spell for enmity for BLU main. /blu would just get resisted.
    Fair enough. I was never sure how it gave enmity for /blu so I've never bothered to set it anyway.

    And TBH as RUN, if you can hit all 6 people in your party with Valiance, while you have Crusade up and if you're using Aettir, you get 7560 VE and 3780 CE. This is more even than Invincible or Elemental Sforzo give as base (obviously with aettir and crusade on they give more again), and you can use Valiance every 5 mins.

    So you really don't need any enmity spells as /BLU, but they can be handy if you've had hate reset and valiance isn't up.
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player Aeron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    137
    Character
    Lanselot
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Fair enough. I was never sure how it gave enmity for /blu so I've never bothered to set it anyway.

    And TBH as RUN, if you can hit all 6 people in your party with Valiance, while you have Crusade up and if you're using Aettir, you get 7560 VE and 3780 CE. This is more even than Invincible or Elemental Sforzo give as base (obviously with aettir and crusade on they give more again), and you can use Valiance every 5 mins.

    So you really don't need any enmity spells as /BLU, but they can be handy if you've had hate reset and valiance isn't up.
    That is a ridiculous amount of enmity. Really pisses me off that they got runs ja enmity values right and pld enmity values suck.
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player Babekeke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    2,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeron View Post
    That is a ridiculous amount of enmity. Really pisses me off that they got runs ja enmity values right and pld enmity values suck.
    You're right, though at least PLD gets a lot more +enmity on their gear that they're wearing most of the time anyway. Flash does a lot more for PLD than it does for RUN, but it doesn't really make up for it.

    When I team up with a PLD to dual-tank stuff, I let him take initial hate while I just hit the mob once, then make sure that all of the party is within range before using Valiance. BOOM! now I'm tanking PLD doesn't stand a chance at all, really. I usually then pop Battuta and once it wears I stand behind the PLD for cover while I get all my necessary buffs up. Then hit swordplay. When that wears, Battuta is up again... rinse and repeat.

    I even find myself buffing the PLD with the likes of refresh (if we don't have a RDM) and regen (if we don't have a SCH) just to make sure that they are alive/have MP to cure me if anything goes Pete Tong.

    Was really strange fighting delve NMs for beads in margarine ravine. Aegis PLD died a couple of times, but I didn't. Both of us Tarus.
    (0)

  8. #28
    Player Martel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    249
    Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    You're right, though at least PLD gets a lot more +enmity on their gear that they're wearing most of the time anyway. Flash does a lot more for PLD than it does for RUN, but it doesn't really make up for it.
    On the flip side of that coin, RUN spell recasts are a lot better than PLDs. Owing to the massive fastcast RUN has. So while a PLD might have a more potent flash, a RUN will pump out more casts.
    (0)

  9. #29
    Player Damane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    715
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    On the flip side of that coin, RUN spell recasts are a lot better than PLDs. Owing to the massive fastcast RUN has. So while a PLD might have a more potent flash, a RUN will pump out more casts.
    thats true, but plds have the safety net of cureing themself if needed (not that cures give much enmity), which RUN does not have, they are totally at the mercy of their healer/support. considerign they take more physical dmg it also makes sense for them to preduce more enmity, sinse they loose alot more via physical hits then pld.
    (1)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread