Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Although I must admit, I do find utility in the Carol spells, 2 Carols and a bar element spell and you are about as invulnerable to a single element as a rune, handy against Cerbs and bombs and the like, Astral Flows, etc., especially if your pt has geared solely for offense. And even that kind of thing is highly situational.
    I still think that Carol II should have been stronger tbh.

OK, Before posting I went to the Carol page to clarify, and realised that Carol 2 is more useful than it seems, offering a chance to annul the damage, but not offering any more resistance through gear/Marcato/SV. Wierd that I never knew that before o.0
    (1)

It's nearly always a good idea to double check these things, like for example since most sub white mage anyway how about coupling baraera, barsilencera, wind carol II and pup's Operetta to see if it may help during fights with monsters that silence a lot. (PS of course don't try it if you're in a party or if it's going to get you booted).
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Or don't be cheap and carry 800 gil Echo Drops, and keep getting your 3x Ballads rather than 1 Ballad and two songs that will more than likely not help you resist the effect.
    (5)
    7/10/14

Or stop being a jerk about how others choose to play....geez. You don't want to, you don't have to, after all if you would rather carry potions instead to free up song space by all means but for people who at least want to go for it to see if it works, go for it
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Player
    I hate that argument so much. You're playing with other people, and I'd nope the hell out of a party where the whm would rather have wind carol than just carry some Meds.

They're pretty cheap, they instantly remove the effect, and they're 100% effective. There's no excuse.
    (1)

Fine, all things considered you want to bulk up your inventory than cast a spell by all means, but if you'd rather cast a spell then bulk up your inventory that should be your choice also. But waylaying this thread in such a manner is also useless. What are you all doing? They aren't answering let it go.
    (0)

Player
    "Bulk up your inventory" vs "Carry 1 stack of Echo drops which takes up 1 slot."

Another more accurate way to look at it:

"Reduce your mp gain, reducing your efficacy" vs "Carrying 1 item"
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Balloon View Post
    I hate that argument so much. You're playing with other people, and I'd nope the hell out of a party where the whm would rather have wind carol than just carry some Meds.

They're pretty cheap, they instantly remove the effect, and they're 100% effective. There's no excuse.
    The only time that I'd have to disagree with this is when fighting Celaeno, since it can make you naked, amnesia'd and medicated all at the same time, then can silence you. Though you'd have to be really unlucky for this to happen while your whm just happened to be meleeing to try and proc Hexa, lol.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Most of these posts only consider 3 songs. Maybe if people would help brds with HMP/Cinders vs charge the going rate for them there would be more 4 song brds around. Thereby you could have 2x ballad and wind carol 2 and Operetta. The best of both options, or 3x ballad and either wind carol or Operetta.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    I'd rather have 3x Ballad and a March, if you're talking a top end Brd. Even 2x Ballad and 2x March in some content for lower recast on Curagas. Shit, if it came down to it and Brds could do 10 songs, I'd still rather have... 3x Ballad 2x March 4x Paeon and Scherzo. There's just no way to spin resist silence when Echo Drops exist.
    (3)
    7/10/14

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast