Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Poison, bio, or curse the battlefield then block all corresponding -na spells. OR poison, bio and curse the battlefield and block all corresponding -na spells. Easy, cheap and petty...right up SE's alley. And yes you can go for carols but carols and the preventive spell is a better way especially if they do something that cheap and petty. Either that or hop on the forums and cry foul.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

All right I'll do one better, I'll make a missing spell thread how's that eh? That way it's not just about bard songs everyone can list the spells that they feel are missing and hopefully get some of them added.
    (0)
    Please do not post if you are drunk, high or madly delirious from lack of sleep...HEY WHERE'S EVERYONE???

Quote Originally Posted by Blah View Post
    Like I said, I realize most completely overlook both bard and mages's preventive spells so it's easy to say "we don't need it give us X instead" but all they have to do is change things up like they've done countless times, then what? Then everyone is going to be hopping on the forums hollering all crazy to change it back or whatever and it could all (possibly) be avoided by simply asking for the missing spells. I mean think they put them all there for a reason you really think they aren't going to change things up sooner or later so that you need it? Eh why did I bother you won't believe me until it comes to pass anyway.
    Noone over-looks WHM's preventative spells. But that's because they are limited solely to only 1 barele and 1 barailment at a time. With WHM you don't have to compromise either barspell or haste.

If the DoT from poison is that big an issue, you're better off using paeon. If blind is such an issue, you're better off with madrigal. but even better, just come prepared!. Remedies, poison potions, echo drops. You can remove or prevent everything apart from petrification that these songs are designed for.

They're completely pointless.

Worse even than some of the ridiculous BLU spells!
    (2)

Like I said if they're so pointless then why are they in the game? You (and apparently many others) see them that way but they put them in the game for a reason. Even if it is an illogical one sooner or later they are going to try to have us use them. Either that or start easing them out of the game since you all won't use them, then both bards and mages will be minus their bar spells, carol songs and all their preventive spells/songs. Oh but that's ok since YOU don't use them.
    (0)

Like I said if they're so pointless then why are they in the game?

You (and apparently many others) see them that way but they put them in the game for a reason. Even if it is an illogical one sooner or later they are going to try to have us use them.
    You really don't seem to get it, do you? These spells will ONLY ever be useful if they can prevent enfeebles from an aura. They don't. So they have no use in the game.

Either that or start easing them out of the game since you all won't use them, then both bards and mages will be minus their bar spells, carol songs and all their preventive spells/songs. Oh but that's ok since YOU don't use them.
    You say 'and mages' yet again, despite that I already told you that the whm spells ARE USEFUL as they aren't limited to how many buffs they can give to you. People use the WHM barspells.

And secondly, since when did SE EVER 'ease them out of the game'? Name a single spell that has been removed from ffxi since it started back in 2003.
    (3)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    To be more clear, barstatus spells (and barstatus songs) are just magic evasion against that particular status effect. Barelement spells and Carols increase resistance against their respective status effects and all forms of damage from that element.

We have no information on potency, but I would guess that it is pretty unlikely that you'd want to ever cast a Pastoral over a Water Carol (probably never). Thus, Barstatus spells/songs were poorly implemented and are nearly useless. The only reason it's occasionally worth casting barstatus spells is because you lose almost nothing from it.

I stopped responding to this thread because I assumed that "Blah" was a troll account based on the "Killthisgirl" character name and terrible ideas, but this is why barstatus songs are useless and likely don't have the potential to ever be useful.
    (5)

Ah and then you start attacking me directly, nice. Excuse me Byrth but when have I EVER acted like a troll? When have I ever jumped in attacked someone's idea or constantly followed someone around to attack them? You don't like my ideas? Fine I won't post any but don't call me a troll jerk.
    (0)

If barstatus songs actually prevented the enfeeble from landing at all, then they would be situationally useful. Since they don't, no one will ever use them. Really if you care about these spells so much, then call for the devs to make them 100% resist rate for the associated enfeeble, including auras. Otherwise, no one will ever care because they are 100 per cent pointless.
    (5)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Theres a lot of BRD spells never added, Massacre Elegy, Moogle's Rhapsody, Jester's Operetta,Cactuar Fugue, Protected Aria, Army Paeon VII, Devotee Serenade and bunch of others.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 07-05-2014 at 07:02 AM.

and several of those are more useful than the ones we never used except in a macroed skill-up rotation, like herb or Goblin, Oph. I would think adding those would be more of a priority for career bards than a highly situational spell that is generally trumped by the utility of something else.

Although I must admit, I do find utility in the Carol spells, 2 Carols and a bar element spell and you are about as invulnerable to a single element as a rune, handy against Cerbs and bombs and the like, Astral Flows, etc., especially if your pt has geared solely for offense. And even that kind of thing is highly situational.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast