Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Suggestion: Quality of Life improvements to Linkshells

Community has always been important, and I think it'd be great if we got some QoL improvements to Linkshells. I'm assuming there are some technical limitations on stuff, but my ideas are:
    • Ability to invite players to LS from anywhere
    • Ability for players to "Submit Application" so a LS sackholder doesn't have to be online
    • Basic permission/rank system so a LS doesn't just die out when the leader vanishes
    • Improvement/adjustment to the 64 player limit on held Pearls?

[EDIT] As others have mentioned, there are critical flaws with how the LS system works:
    Can't make more people into sack holders if the LS holder/maker quit though and can't pearl someone if any of those are off line and you just had an awesome run of stuff with a few people that you want to invite. Also the shells will also break if the owner changes servers.
    (6)
    Last edited by Zenoxio; 06-16-2014 at 01:13 PM.
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    But this isn't ffxiv this is ffxi, why try to mix the two? I mean they've already done enough of that, this game has always been unique but people keep wanting it to be more like xiv ie, WoW, these are two seperate games, let's try to keep it that way

Edit or ps whatever

There can only be 64 people in a linkshell at any given time, but everyone on the server can be pearled to be in the shell, the last time i saw that many people in a linkshell was maybe 07 or 08
    (1)
    Last edited by predatory; 06-15-2014 at 02:59 PM.

SE is pretty much killing Linkshells anyways with no content for groups bigger than 6.
    (0)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Se pretty much killed linkshells when they added Abyssea and raised the level cap above 75 without providing any hnm challenges. The main reason for those large hnm shells back at the 75 cap was competition, take away the competition and the only reason for people to remain in a large shell is because they like the people in it, the change has good points and bad points. Good point: I don't have to hang around a bunch of asshole that I hate to get anything done. Bad point: there's a smaller pool of players in a linkshell to do things with, which is of course balanced by people having multiple jobs leveled and geared.
    (0)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    But this isn't ffxiv this is ffxi, why try to mix the two? I mean they've already done enough of that, this game has always been unique but people keep wanting it to be more like xiv ie, WoW, these are two seperate games, let's try to keep it that way

Edit or ps whatever

There can only be 64 people in a linkshell at any given time, but everyone on the server can be pearled to be in the shell, the last time i saw that many people in a linkshell was maybe 07 or 08
    I can't tell if this person is just ignorant or trolling.
    Ok, let's not put quality of life improvements into this game that should of been here from the beginning to try and prevent the game becoming a another "WoW"? What? To suggest SE shouldn't do things to make the game more enjoyable/easier (easier in terms of coping with the declined/declining community) is absurd lol! Yeah, let us not implement what the OP requested and other commodities in fear that someone might praise the outcome as being WoW like. I openly welcome anything this game can do with the over abundance of population that doesn't exist to make my game play experience more enjoyable.
    (3)

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    To suggest SE should make two games and have the player that like the one game to the other game and say hey why don't you do this like they do over in the WoW clone and not expect resistance seems kind of absurd. These are TWO SEPERATE games, if you like playing one, then play it, if you like playing the other, then by all means play it, but why should I have to play the other game if I want to enjoy this one?

This whole thread is ridiculous in the first place just based on what the op said,

1. The whole Idea behind handing a person a linkpearl is to make it more personal not detract from the sense of community, they started this game before WoW but have you ever gotten a ninja invite to a guild on WoW? Should SE rework how linkshells are handed out, just so somebody doesn't have to actually go pearl that person. I mean you can go almost anywhere in the game in a blink of the eye but you need to make it even easier than that? Shit how lazy can you get?

2. Most LS's have an application process, it's usually done via a website like guildwork etc or they have their own personal website for their shell, so why should SE add a whole new part of the game for ls applications, unless we are talking about applying and being approved without an ls leaders approval which to me sounds like people sending ninja invites to others only in reverse

3. If an ls is going to die because the leader leaves then let it die, if it's going to stay together it will, CAE stayed active on Ramuh long after Marky quit, (as long as the ls leader doesn't break the shell the sackholders can still make pearls and kick people), and DH reformed with the same name after Akabane was booted from the game. And even if the leader crushes the shell before he leaves one of the members can always remake the shell, this has been done time and again in this game. The permission system is the shellholder/sackholder system

4. You can pearl every single player on a server if you want to, and they can all throw their pearls in their safe whatever, the thing is, there can only be 64 people in the shell at any given time, which given server sizes isn't really that big of a deal

And don't bad talk me about quality of life improvements, I support those that actually make sense, (you can dig through my posts and go from there), but this one is just a they do it there let's do it here thing, and it makes absolutely no sense with the way this game was designed. If it was a let's make LS communities stronger by rewarding LS's whose members have spent X amount of time doing content over a period of a month then yes I could support that it would make more people want to become proactive on setting things up. And I would support a better drop rate for items if it's an all ls event, something like that, If you want them to rewrite the way ls's work ask for something cool
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 06-15-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So you argue against someone posting quality of life improvements by saying you support quality of live improvements. Makes sense.
    (3)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumbGame View Post
    So you argue against someone posting quality of life improvements by saying you support quality of live improvements. Makes sense.
    i honestly dont care for theese Linkshell improvements, because i feel like they arent needed (the other QoL adjustments were very nice), we allways invite people into shell after seeing them play/playing with them.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Can't make more people into sack holders if the LS holder/maker quit though and can't pearl someone if any of those are off line and you just had an awesome run of stuff with a few people that you want to invite. Also the shells will also break if the owner changes servers.
    (2)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    i honestly dont care for theese Linkshell improvements, because i feel like they arent needed (the other QoL adjustments were very nice), we allways invite people into shell after seeing them play/playing with them.
    It's not what is needed or not needed, my comments were towards ignorance of that one guys response that SE shouldn't give us quality of life adjustments that would make the game better if it has any similarities to WoW type games.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast