Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    That and these requests are partly being made because before there was even v1.0 of XIV many XI players didn't play WoW so didn't know the features even existed or could. It's like how you didn't know you wanted or needed something until you were shown/told you needed something. You didn't realize you were missing something so you didn't even think to ask kind of thing.
    (0)

2. 06-16-2014 07:23 AM

Character
    Zenoxio
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by predatory View Post
    But this isn't ffxiv this is ffxi, why try to mix the two? I mean they've already done enough of that, this game has always been unique but people keep wanting it to be more like xiv ie, WoW, these are two seperate games, let's try to keep it that way
    Huh? I'm making the suggestion because it makes things more convenient, not because I'm trying to make it like FFXIV. What's wrong with convenience and QoL improvements? Sheesh. The only argument I'm hearing against this so far is "let's keep things inconvenient."

There can only be 64 people in a linkshell at any given time, but everyone on the server can be pearled to be in the shell, the last time i saw that many people in a linkshell was maybe 07 or 08
    We're hitting this limit every day on an Asura LS.
    (2)
    Last edited by Zenoxio; 06-16-2014 at 07:41 AM.
    -reseph, /r/ffxi founder

Character
    Predatory
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenoxio View Post
    Huh? I'm making the suggestion because it makes things more convenient, not because I'm trying to make it like FFXIV. What's wrong with convenience and QoL improvements? Sheesh. The only argument I'm hearing against this so far is "let's keep things inconvenient."

We're hitting this limit every day on an Asura LS.
    I messed that one all up and forgot reply with quotes, I deleted my previous post and posted it like it should be in my next postm sorry for the confusion.
    (0)
    Last edited by predatory; 06-16-2014 at 08:12 AM.

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Concerning some people on the forums here can make a relic in just a few days you're not really helping your case. Duty finder wouldn't work here due to the few things it would get used for there are more non instanced events here that people can do than over there. Also it would probably make the server stress issues bigger since just look at the crap a certain salvage zone is causing due to people spaming it.

Even if SE does put this in no one is going to force you to use it.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Concerning some people on the forums here can make a relic in just a few days you're not really helping your case. Duty finder wouldn't work here due to the few things it would get used for there are more non instanced events here that people can do than over there. Also it would probably make the server stress issues bigger since just look at the crap a certain salvage zone is causing due to people spaming it.

Even if SE does put this in no one is going to force you to use it.

I feel Duty finder may not work properly in FFXI without modification, but PT finder from XIV can work quite well in XI. I love PT finder in XIV(I love it way more than silly duty finder, mind you) and I feel it'd work well in XI too. You can just set the pt requirement and jobs in PT finder and AFK, instead of having to spam /shout every 5 min.
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I agree PF could work and would be nice. The reason why I think people wouldn't use a DF is because of the pickyness just from the shouts for things. Everyone has blinders on and having to deal with the ultimate pug would be asking for griefing from those who won't be happy if the group wasn't composed of jobs that shout we got this.

Though I doubt they would put in a PF for XI.

Stil hope they take a look at the not having to run the person down who wanted an LS invite. I don't know how many times I've been in a shell and needed/wanted to pearl someone, but couldn't because I wasn't a sack and those who were or the person who owned the LS we're afk or off line. Or the person who wanted it logged off before you could even temp sack the person next to them for whatever reason.
    (0)

Player
    I think changing the limit of ls members is a needed change and a rank system. also add total playtime in linkshell like they have for game time, and reward players with ls points for a certain amount of time in ls. make it so anyone can temp invite members, and after lets say 72 hours if a ranked member does not approve that new member the temp pearl breaks. after 30 days of linkshell leader not logging in the shell goes to the next highest ranked member, of course with the ability to return leadership back. have the ability to trade temp pearls to ??? or other sites that start missions and give bonus items to a linkshell bank and linkshell points for the mission, battle etc. have se set the prices of linkshell banks so some leaders and players can't abuse the system. also a max # of points earned per day so players don't get rewarded for afking in jeuno the whole day, and zoning after a new day starts. idk about a pt finder, but a mission finder would be nice, have a list of missions, battles, etc. and check something if u wanna do it, when the right # of people and jobs are found one member clicks the thing and everyone is teleported there if they fulfill the requirements. I think linkshells should be worth being part of and rewarding players is a wonderful idea. and for all those players that dislike change, get use to it.... the game is 12 years old, it's a change or die type of thing and taking great ideas from other games is a wonderful thing, there are things that got changed I hate, and there are changes I love. but in the end I choose to pay every month, and that's all that matters. respect other players ideas, u don't have to like them... if it was you with a great idea, u want people to read it, they mit not like it, but u wouldn't want them to treat u like dirt because u had a idea they didn't like. I personally like group events, and care very little for this fast pace nonsense ffxi has become, but I can in many ways still play the way I want. I just leveled a job to 70, with out leaching in aby, it took me a few days, but I enjoyed it. I think alliance option should be tossed in the trash, and a new way for large groups to do things created. but I don't go around treating people that sat in aby lvl 30-99 like crap, because I don't like it. SE will do what is best for all players not just the few. it's a game... it's not real life and remember we all pay to play.... so stop being so mean if don't like something.
    (1)
    Last edited by Triannasky; 06-19-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2