Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Comeing Version Update: Considering TP gain and Weaponskill adjustments

Greetings dear Dev Team.

I am very happy for the Adjustments you planned for the June update considering Weaponskill adjustments and TP gain. It will make Frontline Jobs that much stronger.

However I have a concern: We just had our Magic-Damage formula Adjustment 1 year ago for us "Backline" Nukers (mages) to Elemental Damage. And BLM SCH RDM GEO just started to catch up with Magic attack based spells.
    We are still behind physical Damage dealers in terms of Damage as it stands now, so the June update will push us even further behind.
    Are there any plans to adjust magical Damage now that Frontline jobs got such a massive buff to their Damage?

Magical Damage Dealers like SCH GEO RDM BLM need a helping hand now again to catch up!

Thank you for your time Dev Team
    (3)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    after the update went live i have to say that magic damage in form of spells needs a total rehaul again, we are back at square 1 where we started 1 year + ago ._.
    (3)

Player
    I wouldn't say we're as bad off, but it's definitely not where it should be. RDM/SCH I was able to keep up with fully buffed decent DDs on Delve runs using near optimum gear and consistently nuking. My DMG often was either first or second, but I almost never fell behind enough I did less than 15% of the overall DMG. Now that WSs have been buffed and TP gain as well I'm not coming close to what I used to do, while I won't go so far as to say it's as bad as before the Magic DMG update, it's far worse than it should be. This problem I believe is due to the fact mages still have the forced 2 second delay slowing them down and no buffs to remove it which is the primary DMG killer for a mage just like Delay is for a DD, the difference being that Delay is so easily mitigated that it's a non-issue in party content, mages delay is always an issue, and can't be avoided or removed.
    (2)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    guess nooen cares for magic damage anymore from mages, might as well delete blm sch rdm and geo from the game! who cares!

debuffs dont work 90% of the time
    nukes fell again tremendously behind in damage compared to melees
    and none of them heals as good as whm or buffs better then a brd
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It would be nice if they could do the same thing with magic that they did with weapon skills. Reevaluate and buff every one of them somehow. This includes blu spells
    (2)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    It would be nice if they could do the same thing with magic that they did with weapon skills. Reevaluate and buff every one of them somehow. This includes blu spells
    at the current state of magical WS you would do more dmg meleeing and WSing strong magical WS then anything else ¬.¬. heck you dont even need nukers if you need magical dmg, just do SCs or use strong magical WSs.
    (1)

Character
    Encore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This update was a setback for the BLU concept even more so than it was in its current state prior to the patch. It's even more about your sword than ever before and the spells are mostly for traits with a very small handful of worthwhile magic worth pausing DPS for.

Still, we do have swords, I feel for Black Mages and assorted others.
    (0)

Character
    Warusha
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I believe that higher tier magic spells need to be boosted in accordance with higher damage physical AND magical weaponskills that are now available. I remember a post made shortly after the introduction of "magic damage +" gear- that higher tiered magic spells would receive a boost. Is this still in the works? Thank you for your time.
    (1)