Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    It is hard capped at 30 fps. I have a fps monitor on one of my video capture programs. I have a gtx 970 and a core i7 6700k and it never can go above 30 fps.
    Goto youtube, type ffxi 60fps into search.

Looks amazing.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by wildsprite View Post
    The devs really just need to bring the game up to full DirectX 9.0c/e support and that would solve a lot of the graphics issues right there, not really sure how much work it would take to do this. however with the impliment of xinput controller support we know they have atleast partial DX9.0c support, hopefully adding the rest wouldn't be too difficult.

for those that dont realize it upgrading the framework to DX9.0c would give the game more stable graphics, less graphical anomolies and it would also allow weather effects to be turned on for many systems that don't handle the weather right now with DX8.0 because it would make use of the GPU a lot more than it does now. as it is with DX8.0 it makes use almost entirely of the CPU and almost no GPU. would the graphics upgrade be a huge leap in pretty. not really no. but we don't really need a huge leap. just a better framework to handle what we have now.
    There is no backwards compatibility for DX8 on the Xbox 360's version of DX9 so the 360 version MUST be using DX9.

They already copy pasted the Dirext Input code from the 360 version a few months ago, they should do the same with the DX9 code.
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Goto youtube, type ffxi 60fps into search.

Looks amazing.
    I did hear about this from a friend and now have taken the time to look at it. It looks more fluid, yes, but the graphics look the same to me. I think what people are asking for is more polygons, similar to the Character Creator graphics, if not better (FFXIV level?).
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    I did hear about this from a friend and now have taken the time to look at it. It looks more fluid, yes, but the graphics look the same to me. I think what people are asking for is more polygons, similar to the Character Creator graphics, if not better (FFXIV level?).
    What most people here seem to be asking for is just a client update so it runs better on modern hardware not a graphics overhaul.
    (0)

Player
    well... FF14 in game config has option to switch between 15/30/60 fps. Would've great if FF11 also has this too, even though I know that there's unofficial way to make the game go 60 fps.

While graphics will remain the same, the fluid gameplay on 60 fps does improve the game's QoL, at least from my own opinion. ^.^
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I wouldn't consider DQX to be a direct competitor to either of the other games, it appeals to a different fan base.
    DQX and XIV are what's keeping SE affloat atm, by the way, and in Japan, DQ > FF, so in a sense, they are actually competitiors but both make SE tons of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    What most people here seem to be asking for is just a client update so it runs better on modern hardware not a graphics overhaul.
    This. Even upscaling the graphics is something they can do, doesn't have to be an "overhaul", but all it takes is SE getting the resources and fund to do so.

But with FFXV and VII Remake no doubt sapping them dry, and XIV making tons of money with their Mogstation stuff and minimal content updates, would it even be beneficial for them to dedicate resources to XI? I know the XI team would be all for it, but they have to convenience the big bosses to let them go wild so to speak.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    There is no backwards compatibility for DX8 on the Xbox 360's version of DX9 so the 360 version MUST be using DX9.

They already copy pasted the Dirext Input code from the 360 version a few months ago, they should do the same with the DX9 code.
    would be nice if they did, maybe they are slowly doing this. I wish they would redo Playonline Viewer into a much more compact version, there is no need for as many clicks as we have to go through to get into the game. yeah I know they said they weren't going to get rid of it but that doesnt mean they couldnt change it to get rid of the extra fluff.

Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    This. Even upscaling the graphics is something they can do, doesn't have to be an "overhaul", but all it takes is SE getting the resources and fund to do so.

But with FFXV and VII Remake no doubt sapping them dry, and XIV making tons of money with their Mogstation stuff and minimal content updates, would it even be beneficial for them to dedicate resources to XI? I know the XI team would be all for it, but they have to convenience the big bosses to let them go wild so to speak.
    just changing the game to full DX9.0c(they have partial support now or we wouldnt have xinput as an option now) would improve the graphic a bit and also the stability of the game. allowing for them to give us 60fps or more since it would allow the game to make more use of the GPU than DX8.1 does
    while this would not be a huge leap it would be a noticable improvement on most levels
    (0)
    Last edited by wildsprite; 05-23-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Player
    You could always play FFXIV lol
    (0)

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14