Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Pace and Quality of Updates

After reading the June update preview from Matsui, I had and overwhelming urge to write this post. I have been playing FFXI since nearly the beginning, and as we all know in the beginning the update frequency was 3+ months apart. Even with the slower frequency back then, there were some "minor" updates without alot of content. When I look back at the update frequency over the past year - there has been at least one thing that I have been excited about in each update. We all have our pet peeves that we would like SE to address sooner rather than later (broken blue spells is one of mine), but in general, I am extremely happy with the new content and adjustements being incrementally made in each monthly update.

SE hears the complaints all the time - just wanted to take a moment and say what I think SE is doing right.

I'm looking forward to the weaponskill updates in June. Even though this seems like a minor thing, keeping the guilds open every game day of the week is *huge* for me because I have the luck that every time I want a guild item it is always closed.

tl;dr

Great job with the update frequency and quality. Please keep up the good work!
    (14)

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The dev team has clearly been working hard.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

The dev team wouldn't get so many complaints if they worked on actual content and job-balancing instead of giving us AAA class bullsh*t like job points. Not to mention none of the new content is "new." Tweaking the monster levels of decade old content (BCNM + KI fights) is pure, unadulterated laziness. Tweaking the loot system of year old content (WKR) to make it relevant again is laziness. Things like allowing Trust NPCs in parties should have been done since the beginning.

Praise should only be given where it is due.
    (3)

Eh, all the things they have added have been welcome to me. I never did all those old BCNM fights, so it's great they have a purpose now. I also like the "hardmode" battles - always thought it was silly to have these great assets that you went in, four-shot as a level 99 job and never looked at again. The action to strengthen 115 gear is super welcome, as I like the look of that stuff more than most of the 117 stuff, and a lot of it actually has somewhat interesting stats on it, versus the boring 117 gear.

Would I like some more job balancing - yes for sure. Pet jobs and BLU and some of the other jobs I don't play like GEO and COR need a lot of work to get usable... but that doesn't mean I'm going to say they haven't been working hard and producing important updates. Frankly if it took them this long to get trusts sorted out for parties, I AM SO HAPPY they didn't wait to release it till they got it sorted out. I mean really, trust was primarily put in place to help people level now that parties really aren't a thing anymore. Having them be available for parties is more of a bonus than anything.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, those broken blue spells seem to be a mystery to the dev teams, that is according to Camate in one of my blu posts, but I have to agree with Larry as well. These updates have all been substantial in some way.

I'm very excited to see what's around the corner. We received some new spells last update for enmity. I'm hoping blu, rdm, & the pet jobs receive something this next update.

Good job guys!
    (4)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    It looks like from today and yesterday's posts by camate are hinting that at least some pet job stuff is in the tubes
    (0)