Character
    Cliamain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Please fix the prestige shields for paladin and do something about our defense trait

So since the Ilvl update and the insanely high level monsters the shields for Paladin have not been performing the way they should. The point of having a shield on a paladin is for it to block. When it does not block you can almost guarantee a certain death will be heading the paladins way. Can the developers for Final Fantasy 11 look into something for Aegis and Ochain? Some kind of upgrades to the other hand of our job? If a damage dealer can do their jobs with their best weapons why can't a Paladin do their job with their best shields?

Also would like to mention that the defense traits of a paladin are a sad joke. I get hit for as must damage when my shield doesn't block as a Warrior, Samurai, or Dark Knight would if they were in their gear? Using a lot of pdt gear is not a option most of the time do to the fact that it really kills the users accuracy.

The job needs love. If not there will be no real future for paladin in the player base. Please address these issues.
    (4)
    "Let me win, but if i don't win. Let me be brave in my endeavor"

Player
    Dude you want to hear people getting crapped on. BLU spells aren't performing well, being a PUP gets you laughed out of most groups because of ACC issues and the auto not performing as much as teams want them to, BST when from God to sort of God with the new content, I rarely even see a SAM anymore. Basically if you're not a PLD/BRD/MNK/WHM/THF you have a harder time finding groups than you should. Honestly, for what I have noticed, the problem lies in SE trying so hard now to please a player base that is dying out faster than it is being built. They killed all the pregame leveling with Abyssea burns so there isn't much learning how to work your job at low levels, no one really does anything at a low level anymore. If you're not a MNK you don't get added to groups in endgame fights (By the way devs it as nothing to do with H2H ability, or else PUPS wouldn't be as SOL as they are now) in a DD stand point. There are a lot of problems, instead of asking SE to solve the problems why don't we find some solutions ourselves and have them worry about other content that could be more beneficial in the end.

So find a way to boost your ACC with all your PDT down gear, just like I have to find a way to beef up myself and my Automaton to show people that I could actually be a use.
    (2)

Character
    Cliamain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    So you're saying that because puppet master has B- hand to hand skill that, that has something to do with how terrible a paladins accuracy is in pdt? How most of our job traits are broken? The only one that is really worth talking about is Shield mastery?

Even in the current content I, a paladin, still have a very hard time finding events that a Paladin can do that is only what a Paladin can do.

This is also a post about what is wrong with the job just for your information. The way people level has nothing to do with how I play my job. I've been around for years and did not let my paladin touch Aby in order to level.

Back to job traits, If our defense traits were anywhere as potent as, like say a mnk's martial arts, a drk's or war's attack bonus (cool tip, last resort and berserk doesn't decay like the defense does on sentinel.) or a red mages fast cast V. While needing to survive like a paladin should and hold hate like a paladin should we miss a mess load of the time. Not everyone can make a mythic so don't even bring that into play cause I can say just make a KKK for pup.

Square soft needs to fix this issue cause it is an issue. I can go on for days on what is broken with paladin just like i'm sure you can do the same thing about pup.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    pld is fine as it is, all SE needs to do is up the Enmity cap for RUN PLD and NIN so they can hold hate. thats it. PLD doesnt need anything at all to fullfill their role, and defense does more for you then you think....
    (1)

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    If PLD typically couldn't take hits, people wouldn't ask them to tank much of anything that hits hard -- but they do. The more pressing issue for PLD is that not all content needs tanks or is timed, which sometimes calls for more DDs and less tanks. Skirmish and Delve1 are very much like this.

Also, if the Enmity cap was raised just for PLD and RUN (I don't think SE considers NIN much of a tank anymore), then DDs and mages would never be able to pull hate and die. SE just needs to make sure its reasonably possible for tanks to get and maintain hate if the DDs and tank cooperate.
    (0)

Character
    Cliamain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Daman, I don't think you see where I'm getting when when I say that the job has issues. If you were to play the job and stand next to a DRK or WAR (Even sometimes I can't) you would, with ease see where I am coming from.

When was the last time you saw a pld out of pdt/dt gear and have seen them with 90%+ accuracy while also taking close to no damage. Like a Paladin should be taking damage. The answer is you have not. The Defensive traits that are PLD only do not work as a person would think they do. Shield block rates are going down while monster levels are getting higher. Our defense is limited only to the piece of metal that is on our left arm. Square enix refuses to up their stats. We've even got several crit hit defense traits that might as well not even be there.

Enmity and it's cap has always been an issue for this game.

There are a few more pressing issues with the job than just it's enmity gain. Though making it where the main tanks of the game have a higher cap on enmity would be nice. This game has a system where if you can hit the mob you can get/keep hate. Threat based system. While PLD absolutely needs PDT/DT to stay in front of the mob you will not be hitting very often due to minuscule amounts of accuracy on those pieces of gear.
    (0)