Character
    Chiaia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

[dev1216] ilvl weapon requirement?

So, in the [dev1216] post it says its going by the main hand weapon for the elemental weaponskills but since SE translations are never perfect. I was wondering for the ranged weaponskills will this go by the ranged weapon instead of mainhand? Since almost no ranger in this game actually uses ilvl weapon in main hand(mekki/prester) at this point I'm curious.
    (0)

Character
    Chiaia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    To answer by own question SE did it smart and did go by ilvl of the ranged weapon for ranged magic wses.
    (0)

Are Mekki and Prester really the main weapons RNG uses? I'm really not very knowledgeable about ranger so can someone explain why? #curious.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Are Mekki and Prester really the main weapons RNG uses? I'm really not very knowledgeable about ranger so can someone explain why? #curious.
    From what I've seen generally though you do see some using various axes/daggers that will boost ranged attacks with legion scutum.

As far as why... rng doesn't get much help in the mainhand/sub department. Mekki gives str and store tp which are both very nice. Prester gives increase dmg to certain ws and I believe coronach is one of them. Also both being 2hd weapons means you can use a grip so you get whatever bonus from your grip while a 1hd weapon leaves you a small number of useless shields and the barely useful Legion Scutum
    (0)
    Last edited by dasva; 06-21-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    a 1hd weapon leaves you a small number of useless shields and the barely useful Legion Scutum
    Also gain Fencer if /War.
    (0)

Player
    Pretty sure you have to use an ilevel mainhand weapon anyway, since ranged weapons don't have the magic accuracy skill+ on them. Or maybe BST is just getting to me since Primal rend and Cloudsplitter still get constant resists even with a 119 axe, and ranged WS's actually have appropriate magic accuracy.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    From what I've seen generally though you do see some using various axes/daggers that will boost ranged attacks with legion scutum.

As far as why... rng doesn't get much help in the mainhand/sub department.
    Some nice augments for RNG on Atoyac now.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Some nice augments for RNG on Atoyac now.
    Well ok augments anyways. First slot is gunna probably be wasted on rng second one probably 20 ratt maybe 4% crit rate. Probably be one of those depends on the rest of your setup questions. Especially if running relic or not
    (0)