Returning Player on Bahamut

Hiya,

I recently decided to resub to play with a friend who is starting for the first time. I quit about a year ago, roughly a month after SoA came out. The game has changed quite a lot (seems almost a ghost town, even moreso than before I left).

When I left, GoV book grind parties (and I suppose abyssea to a lesser extent) were still the most efficient ways to level quickly, but they seem quite dead now. How do new players level these days? (Other than solo slowly with this trust system they brought in while I was gone lol)

Also, where should I start myself? I was doing delve with a ls in the original SoA areas when I left but the ls has seemingly died so feeling rather lost and confused as to where to pick up from.

If I could get some advise for myself and my new-to-game friend that would be sweet!
    (0)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Mihiru
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hello,

I joined FFXI last year for the first time and my friend also resubbed to play with me. Back then I leveled up with GoV grinding parties. But due to the Trust system, they died out. The only way that I can think of to level up is to still do training regimes (GoV) to level up with your friend if you have other jobs that you have not level up yet. I have been using this method to level up my Beastmaster to level 20 recently, which took about three days.

As for where to start, have you finished the stories like CoP? It has been my recent activity with my friend. Besides the National Missions and Zilart, I have not tried anything else yet… Hopefully this helps.

You and your friend could hit me up, I can help out (I still want to level up some of my other jobs). I’m available after work at night time EST. My friend still thinks I am a naive player and saying hope we could get a great experience more than the old content you and my friend had years ago.
    (0)