Please do not add WHM/BLM/SMN/BRD mix armor sets

These are very specialized jobs that do not share the same needs. I've had to face palm almost every single update over the years while you keep insisting on adding these.

Yigit set? Uh, works for resting on SMN, else it has MAB for BLM mainly. A single piece was good for BRD I believe?

Nashira set? Hands were good for SMN. Feet decent about a year later when summoning magic did something. Rest was more for healing it felt like, some pieces for BLMs or RDMs.

Teal set? I dunno. I didn't even bother looking it up since I was so used to these sets having nothing for SMN. I hear it is kind of popular for RDMs, BLMs and SCHs.

Goliard? Nice with some melee stats on it, but since it had NOTHING for SMN on it, I had to skip it. Why SMN was listed on it is still a mystery. I don't think I ever saw any BRDs use it either. Seemed to be just WHMs.

The reason I'm making this thread is because you've released new images of new armor sets, and I ALREADY can feel how they'll just be terrible mix-armors for the mage jobs.

Melee is fine. Whether you give a THF or a COR or a MNK some accuracy and attack, they'll be happy. Mages however do not want generic MP and MAB on the armors. At least I haven't seen many WHMs going for MAB sets.

Take the time to make:
    1 white magic set
    1 black magic set
    1 summoning set
    1 singing set

Don't attempt to mix these and make half-useless armor combinations. You might as well try and make a PLD/BLM/RNG armor that has +enmity, +ranged attack, +MAB, +damage taken on it and see if those jobs like it. I'm pretty confident they wouldn't want that kind of armor.

Just accept that some jobs have special needs and can't be lumped together. It means more work for your developers, but at least it is a meaningful work and not time spent on armors only one job out of the list will bother collecting anyway.

Note: ALL JOBS armors are fine. Why? Because a WHM/BLM/BRD/SMN armor is always attempted to have a little for all those jobs, while an ALL JOBS armor instead has a purpose and not trying to cater to all 20 jobs in the game by adding a little of everything.

E.g. ALL JOBS +10 accuracy, +5 STR, is good. WHM/BLM/BRD/SMN +50 MP, +3 string skill, is bad. BRD only +50 MP and 3 string skill would be acceptable.

Of course all this can be solved by going back to the mini-expansion augment choice solution. Let everyone pick their own stats on armors and you'll never have to worry about wasting a months armor updates on armor people don't want.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    They do this with RDM too, Usually linking them with BRD.. I mean what the hell, they're nothing alike.

And while we're at it, what's up with locking RDM out of basically any haste/attack gear, when even WHM and BRD can get more pieces. The AF3 suit has 0% haste, 0% Melee stats, oh and 0% fast cast! Does SE even remember what RDM is. The suits should be more like what BLU has been getting.

WHM's do NOT need INT or MAB so putting them with BLM is daft, same with BLM and MND really.

I think the developers need to go back to the drawing board where jobs are concerned, because they've forgotten what the jobs are.
    (0)

The least they could do prior to an update is make a thread where we can wishlist stats. That way you can only get bad stats if too many people play the job wrong. (Like if Summoners would ask for -BP timer gear, when we are already capped at -15)
    (0)