Character
    Leylong
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Non-Adoulin Content.

I love FFXI, always have and probably always will, but I will admit that I'm not too fond of the Adoulin expansion. It seems overly complex, so many prerequisites to do this, so you can do that to be able to do something else.

As tedious as some of the older events were in FFXI, it was nice to be able to just sort of show up, plan out a quick strategy and kill. Even up into the WOTG expansion things like Campaign were quite interesting.

I'm sure some people like the Adoulin expansion but anymore it feels like things are so 1-dimensional. I understand we must change with the times but must MOST new gear and content come in the way of Adoulin?

I know there are some things outside of Adoulin, but it's very few and far between. I would say 10% of content worth doing anymore is outside of Adoulin with 90% within. For example, I'm a BST trying to get a good axe that isn't related to Records of Eminence (which I enjoy, thank you for that system!), but through it I can only obtain one axe. For a decent off hand axe I pretty much have to go to Adoulin. The areas and the content there just seem... Boring? I know everything in FFXI is about repetition but I think one way to get people playing again and back in VanaDiel is taking them back to fond areas. Kazahm and the jungles? Aht Urghan? Sky and Sea?

I'm not talking about things that are highly situational and can be done solo in a few days, or small little niche items, but actual, factual content that involves groups of players. It doesn't have to be anything weird either, it can even stay consistent with storylines by just moving them beyond what we already know and have done. Side stories if you want to think of it that way.

I just know anymore, anytime I want to get anything decent for any jobs I'm pretty much just sent to Adoulin and again, it just gets boring.

I know Adoulin has done a lot of great things for the game and many changes have come about since it's implementation that have made the game much more streamlined, I just wish we had more variety and could be spread out a little more. I think this may spark more interest in people continuing to play, I know it would for me.
    (1)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    It seems overly complex, so many prerequisites to do this, so you can do that to be able to do something else.

As tedious as some of the older events were in FFXI, it was nice to be able to just sort of show up, plan out a quick strategy and kill.
    Not sure what you're referring to, as the only gated content that comes to mind is WKR reives (spend 50+ imps to progress in missions, and that very well might be changing next update), Geo/Run Ergon weapons (Legend rank in all Coalitions), and if you want to really reach, Reives, as you'll need to do a quest in each zone to get the survival skill in order to damage the blockades.

I know there are some things outside of Adoulin, but it's very few and far between. I would say 10% of content worth doing anymore is outside of Adoulin with 90% within. For example, I'm a BST trying to get a good axe that isn't related to Records of Eminence (which I enjoy, thank you for that system!), but through it I can only obtain one axe. For a decent off hand axe I pretty much have to go to Adoulin.
    I suppose you're talking about the bayld 117 axe and the 2 115 WKR axes as far as Adoulin content. However, Bst has access to 6 non-RME 119 axes, 2 of which are from non-Adoulin content. Oboro in Port Jeuno for the JSE axe, and the AAMR fight. As far as Adoulin content axes, you're looking at the Delve 2 Plasm axe, Delve 2 bird axe, Delve 1 bee axe, and the Skirmish system 119 axe. There's even a crafted 117 axe, although there's little point in making it. I'm not sure exactly what you find wrong with Adoulin, however, the upgrades you're seeking are out there. Boring or not, you have options.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm with you, not really into the newest expansion. What I keep in mind is that if I'm not doing anything there, I really have no need for the items and equipment that come from there. Sparks gear works great if I just want to do some older content on my own with minimal effort.
    (0)

Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I wish Adoulin was complex. Honestly, I think its release was rather rushed, possibly to save FFXI from the XIV jump. The city's layout suffered from it.. I mean, seriously? A whole big city and only a handful of buildings to enter? The "worldwide renown" library is smaller than the Star Sybil's room...
    (4)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)